Thread: 500s:Foxtel H/V but no Aroura V

Thanks

Default 500s:Foxtel H/V but no Aroura V

Hi guys,
    Been through the settings a thousand times. Probably staring me in the face. Wonder if anyone can see any gaping holes in my setup that I'm just not seeing?
    It's a bit of a rant, sorry bout that, but I want to give as much info as I can.
    Short version?
    I can get all Foxtel TP's both H and V with solid lock (C1). I can't get a lock on Aroura.(12407/ 30000/ 2/3 OR 12527 /30000 2/3)
    Long version?
    Average readings on Fox with lock:
    SNR 75%
    AGC 84%
    BER 4000
    On Nabilosat image when I switch to 12407/ 30000/ 2/3 OR 12527 /30000 2/3, I get signal but no lock.
    SNR 60%
    AGC 78%
    BER 4000

On PLI jade image when I switch to 12407/ 30000/ 2/3 OR 12527 /30000 2/3, I get signal and lock, but no services can be found.

For the hell of it I changed the LNB over from single 11300 to dual out 10700. I knew it wouldn't make any difference but I did it anyway.
    I then tried connecting the other dual out 10700 LNB to disec 3, making up another sat and re tuning but no go.
    Sooo, I'm back to the usual set up with two sats via disec (tried all three flavours) non standard, user defined. I figured that if I am receiving C1 and I8with good lock , I know my settings must be reasonably close to optimal.

I had my Mediastar 9100 connected to the same coax feed and getting sig from Aroura, so I know It's there.
    My thoughts are that I might have to fine tune the LNB to squeese out a bit more sig. I noticed on expo with an SNR of 71% it was very blocky, like low signal.

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.
    I'm having an early night, hopefully catch up tomorrow.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Are you using a 30cm dish or lower as the BER should be 0 so either the dish is misaligned or to small.

On a 75cm I get about SNR 90-92 on both with a BER of 0

If you decide to run the PLi Jade software you can use the Webif and the ZOOM option to tune your dish with wifi and your note book and saves all the hassles;

Wiki here -
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Aurora can be very fussy with LNB skew as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Talking H and V inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc96 View Post
    Hi guys,
    Been through the settings a thousand times. Probably staring me in the face. Wonder if anyone can see any gaping holes in my setup that I'm just not seeing?
    It's a bit of a rant, sorry bout that, but I want to give as much info as I can.
    Short version?
    I can get all Foxtel TP's both H and V with solid lock (C1). I can't get a lock on Aroura.(12407/ 30000/ 2/3 OR 12527 /30000 2/3)
    Long version?
    Average readings on Fox with lock:
    SNR 75%
    AGC 84%
    BER 4000
    On Nabilosat image when I switch to 12407/ 30000/ 2/3 OR 12527 /30000 2/3, I get signal but no lock.
    SNR 60%
    AGC 78%
    BER 4000

On PLI jade image when I switch to 12407/ 30000/ 2/3 OR 12527 /30000 2/3, I get signal and lock, but no services can be found.

For the hell of it I changed the LNB over from single 11300 to dual out 10700. I knew it wouldn't make any difference but I did it anyway.
    I then tried connecting the other dual out 10700 LNB to disec 3, making up another sat and re tuning but no go.
    Sooo, I'm back to the usual set up with two sats via disec (tried all three flavours) non standard, user defined. I figured that if I am receiving C1 and I8with good lock , I know my settings must be reasonably close to optimal.

I had my Mediastar 9100 connected to the same coax feed and getting sig from Aroura, so I know It's there.
    My thoughts are that I might have to fine tune the LNB to squeese out a bit more sig. I noticed on expo with an SNR of 71% it was very blocky, like low signal.

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated.
    I'm having an early night, hopefully catch up tomorrow.
    The information that you give is not complete.
    The high BER number is indicative of a poor lock, if at all.
    What sort of switching are you using?
    Are you using a multi switch?
    The lack of lock on Aurora, which is vertical, suggests poor alignment, or Skew is improperly set.
    Rather than repeat it all here, I suggest you have a look at this thread.
    It is a possible explanation of your dilemma.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid "......

Thanks

The correct FEC is 3/4 not 2/3.

KK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    Are you using a 30cm dish or lower as the BER should be 0 so either the dish is misaligned or to small.

On a 75cm I get about SNR 90-92 on both with a BER of 0

If you decide to run the PLi Jade software you can use the Webif and the ZOOM option to tune your dish with wifi and your note book and saves all the hassles;

Wiki here -
    thanks jonc,
    I'm on an 85cm 24deg offset. It's focus is on I8 and C1 is skewed from there. Might have to change focus to C1? or in between, so I've read?

I'm trying that zoom function now. How do you get the zoom to go real time? I have to reload the zoom page to get a change in reading.
    Also, Is there a quicker way into the LNB settings other than through non standard, user defined area?

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    The information that you give is not complete.
    The high BER number is indicative of a poor lock, if at all.
    What sort of switching are you using?
    Are you using a multi switch?
    The lack of lock on Aurora, which is vertical, suggests poor alignment, or Skew is improperly set.
    Rather than repeat it all here, I suggest you have a look at this thread.
    It is a possible explanation of your dilemma.

Thanks also Mr Druid. No multi switches, just one four way disec.
    I think you're all on the money. My multi LNB holder consists of a Cyclops bike cut into lengths and mounted any way I found to secure it. Much more rigid than those commercial ones. The pipe is the same diameter as the standard LNB holders, and has nice curvy bits the get the focus right. I'm sorting the fine tuning as we speak, type. I'm sure that's all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavakid View Post
    The correct FEC is 3/4 not 2/3.

KK
    Yes, It's been a while.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink You'll kick yourself when you find the problem.

I know it's rather fundamental, but have you got those TPs on Vertical.
    If so, measure the voltage at the dish to see if it's 13 V when on 12407/12527.
    BTW, Lyngsat says 12407 is 2/3 and 12527 is 3/4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmc96 View Post
    thanks jonc,
    I'm trying that zoom function now. How do you get the zoom to go real time?
    The Zoom feature is in realtime already so no update required if you are running firefox or chrome

It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    The Zoom feature is in realtime already so no update required if you are running firefox or chrome

You're spot on the money, works great in Chrome. No more lugging TV's and sat boxes and 240 leads up on the roof anymore, yey!
    I'm still old school with i.e., that might have to change.

errr...edit: I still didn't trust the signal it was sending..might have been a lag in the wireless signal or strength or both. I went back to the TV method.

Just for the hell of it, I swung the dish focus around to C1 and then skewed I8 to focus.
    After a bit of fine tuning I've got high 80's signal with zero BER all around, including Aroura. Very happy vegemite.

Thanks to everyone that participated, hope I didn't waste too many electrons unnessessarily being too lazy in the first place, ie, not getting on the roof and sussing out the antenna in the first place.
    Last edited by jmc96; 10-04-09 at 07:33 PM.