Thread: Opinions on Cardax

Thanks

Default Opinions on Cardax

Hi Guys,

Thought I would ask you bunch about your opinion on Cardax access control....

Our company may have to take on multiple Cardax sites, being from a regional area I/we haven't had much to do with it, a few of the lads I know down south rekon it's a great system but have opinions that it has poor training availability, operates on a complicated amway style sales system where companies can name their price on accessories and is a way for specific companies to lock customers into contracts by locking others out.

The above opinions have only been word of mouth and not enough for me to be able to shed any real light on how Cardax operates, hence why I would like to ask you all on your opinions.

Any info would be great?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

What is installed? 3000 or 6000

They have had some 6000 board issues of late but thats hardware i guess.

Probably one of the best access products available but the intrusion has a long way to go.
    Can Interface with most anything you want it to at a price.
    The training is very thorough and graduated.
    You need to be approved to get support and distribute the product. You have to be a Gallahger dealer.
    End users also are required to pay a yearly RMA. Its basicly how the fund R&D
    The are very aggressive in the market place

Another good NZ product sold all over the world.

Oh by the way, I don't have anything to do with it now.
    Last edited by Poody; 20-07-16 at 08:19 AM.
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Poody For This Useful Post:

belltech (28-07-16)

Thanks

Yea I did one cardax IP access control panel a while a go, great product with great software etc. Worked really well and I quite liked it but have had little to do with it since as if your not ghallager certified you cannot purchase the gear, so alot of companies dont deal with it

• The Following User Says Thank You to deanfourie For This Useful Post:

belltech (28-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belltech View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thought I would ask you bunch about your opinion on Cardax access control....

Our company may have to take on multiple Cardax sites, being from a regional area I/we haven't had much to do with it, a few of the lads I know down south rekon it's a great system but have opinions that it has poor training availability, operates on a complicated amway style sales system where companies can name their price on accessories and is a way for specific companies to lock customers into contracts by locking others out.

The above opinions have only been word of mouth and not enough for me to be able to shed any real light on how Cardax operates, hence why I would like to ask you all on your opinions.

Any info would be great?
    Is your company accredited for cardax? cardax are extremely picky in that regard, you need to spend a certain amount a month with them to be accredited I believe.
    But overall it is a great system if you can actually buy the stuff.

• The Following User Says Thank You to rhino For This Useful Post:

belltech (28-07-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by belltech View Post
    operates on a complicated amway style sales system where companies can name their price on accessories and is a way for specific companies to lock customers into contracts by locking others out.
    It's not actually intended to be sold as a pyramid scheme, however as a result of Gallagher's rigid dealer accreditation requirements, some unscrupulous dealers who are already accredited may attempt to on-sell the gear to non-accredited companies at a profit (or maybe just to maintain their minimum spend with Gallagher).

Generally speaking Gallagher want to maintain a direct relationship with the end user, and have a relatively closed group of accredited dealers who are authorized to work on Cardax systems.

Given that you're being introduced to their gear by being invited to "take on" servicing a bunch of existing sites. I'd imagine the following has happened.

It isn't uncommon for end users to become frustrated with Gallagher's approach to business (mostly due to the ongoing SMA cost) and quite often a greenhorn facilities manager will try and get an open-market quote to reduce their costs. In general, this either ends up going one of two ways.

1. A new company will replace existing cardax equipment with an open-platform alternative (Tecom, Concept, Integriti, etc), and everyone proceeds merrily on their way. It has a seemingly high capital cost, but allows you to build your own relationship with the client, without risking incurring the wrath of the Gallagher gods over in NZ demanding a 5 or even 6 figure sum for SMA back payments before selling you an extra door controller.

2. A new company will acquire or attempt to acquire cardax gear via another accredited dealer... There are a variety of ways that this can go pear shaped, but one way or the other it eventually does.
    Last edited by caffiend; 27-07-16 at 07:55 PM.
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who actually do

• The Following User Says Thank You to caffiend For This Useful Post:

belltech (01-08-16)