Thread: Dreambox 7020si Dead-OR NOT??!

Thanks

Default Dreambox 7020si Dead-OR NOT??!

Hi,when i went to watch the football on my dreambox 7020si yesterday,i was greeted with a grey screen,i switched off the dreambox at the back and rebooted it,the digital display flickered on then went off again. i then tried again and the digital display lit up orange but no writing on box display and no start up screen on tv either.
    the display sometimes lights up but never has any startup message! it is not being recognised by the router but i can here the internal hard drive starting up. i have tried disconnecting my hard drive but that hasn't helped either. i have also tried using dream-up to reload software but that is not recognhing the dreambox either.
    hope someone can help me and if any more details are needed please ask, thanks in advance!

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Look for some dodgey looking caps in the power supply
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks

sorry for being silly but what do you mean by caps?

Banned

Thanks

A capacitor

This may help

Thanks

If you don't know what a capacitor is you probably shouldn't be servicing the power supply, even if you do happen to own a soldering iron. Mistakes in that area can lead to nasty or even fatal shock, explosion or fire. I'd advise you take it to an electronics repair shop instead unless you know what you're doing. The warnings in the instruction book and/or the back of the case are there for a reason.

I don't know much about cars so I know better than to attempt servicing my vehicle, even though I know it's possible to save money that way. DIY only saves you money if you know what you're doing and are properly equipped.

Thanks

sound advice that gw1.

Thanks

thanks for the advice,would never attempt to do any of the electronic works myself but was just wondering if anyone has had this problem before and would purchasing a new internal power supply help as i have found these quite cheap on the net,certainly cheaper than a new dreambox thats for sure! thanks again!

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by benthaz2002 View Post
    Hi,when i went to watch the football on my dreambox 7020si yesterday,i was greeted with a grey screen,i switched off the dreambox at the back and rebooted it,the digital display flickered on then went off again. i then tried again and the digital display lit up orange but no writing on box display and no start up screen on tv either.
    the display sometimes lights up but never has any startup message! it is not being recognised by the router but i can here the internal hard drive starting up. i have tried disconnecting my hard drive but that hasn't helped either. i have also tried using dream-up to reload software but that is not recognhing the dreambox either.
    hope someone can help me and if any more details are needed please ask, thanks in advance!
    I had the exact same problem with mine that you describe. I tried a million and one different things including changing the power supply with a working one. Nothing worked.

It's in for repair with an expert now. If it gets repaired I'll pass on what he prob was.

Thanks

thanks alot,fingers crossed its nothing too expensive!!