Thread: flash a 500/600 in 90 seconds

Thanks

Thumbs up flash a 500/600 in 90 seconds

ive now perfected flashing a 500 and 600 in less than 2 mins, and heres how to do it

first make sure youre receiver is connected to your router, now kill the power, hold in the only button on the front of the receiver, and power it on

after about 20 seconds, youll notice the red.green lights are going wierd, this is an actual code that ill explain in a mo, but you can now let go of the button

your receiver has now gone into ###STOP### mode, has been issued an IP and is waiting to be flashed, now watch the lights, have a pen if you need one, and wait for the red and green to be on together

the green light will flash once, then a quick red flash, 9 greens, one red, 2 green, 1 red, 1 green, 1 red, 6 green, 1 red, 8 green, 1 red, (can anyone see where this is going yet )

the receiver has just flashed you some numbers, with a red flash as a marker between them, and its just told you the start of an IP address, 192 168

a long red flash is a zero, so my box now flashed one long red, another long red, 1 green, 1 quick red, one long red, 1 green, i fast red and 2 green

now the red and green come on together, and it starts over again

its just flashed out

192168001012 which translates to the IP 192.168.1.12

and typing this into a firefox window brings up the firmware upgrade screen, where you browse to the image, and 90 seconds later its on the receiver

have fun

Look Here ->
    Thanks

That's a nice trick. I'd noticed the LED flashing but hadn't realised what it was doing.

"Less than 2 mins" ... is that how long it takes for the IP address to flash out?

As an alternative, many routers have a management webpage that displays DHCP client numbers and/or host names. You can often find the address that way.

If the IP address it flashes out doesn't match your subnet (eg 192.168.x.x) then it means the dream's network settings aren't set up properly and you'll need to hook up a video monitor to correct it.

Thanks

I guess this would be the case for a brand new box.

If you have already been using the box, know the IP and can ftp to it, why not just use the root.cramfs method.

Thanks

or on the DM500 - flash it with the xxx.img via flashwizard - no serial required and very fast indeed - under a minute!
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/