Thread: How to overcome "No DHCP" issue?

Thanks

Question How to overcome "No DHCP" issue?

Hi,
    My question quite possibly doesn't have a solution, so I am prepared for the No answer.
    My setup briefly consists of a modem/router and connected to it a wireless AP - Netgear WPN802.
    The router has DHCP server enabled, the AP doesn't have DHCP server option, only client available. My home network has few wired straight to the router PCs as well as few laptops wiressly connected to the router via the wi-fi AP. As the AP doesn't have DHCP server I am specifying on all laptops gateway address of the router and this allows all laptops to resolve IP addresses.
    Few days ago I purchased a Lexmark x4850 wireless printer to only find out it doesn't static IP configuration in its setup. The printer will always try to connect to the network wirelessly using DHCP server. So the printer can see my AP no problems here, the problem is the printer cannot have IP address assigned as the DHCP server is not "viseable".
    Did anyone face or overcome the problem? If I could enter network settings manually I could print to the printer from my wired PCs no problem which is my ultimate goal.
    Any suggestions and ideas here?
    I guess I could have used one of the wireless routers turned into AP mode with DHCP server turned On and main router DHCP turned off, but this would be my last option.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

i chased up this problem for you and this is what i found
    your AP indeed does not support DHCP

your printer on the other hand (according to owners manual) CAN be set up manually for use of the speccific IP
    a quote from the manual:

Configuring an IP address manually
    The printer will be assigned an IP address automatically through DHCP on most wireless networks.
    During wireless setup, you will be asked to manually assign an IP address to the printer in the following situations:
    • You manually assigned IP addresses for the other network devices.
    • You want to assign a specific IP address.
    • You moved the printer to a remote subnet.
    For more information, contact your system support person.

further on it says:

Using Windows
    1 Do one of the following:
    • In Windows Vista, click .
    • In Windows XP and earlier, click Start.
    2 Click All Programs or Programs, and then select the printer program folder from the list.
    3 Click Tools �� Lexmark Wireless Setup Utility.
    Note: If the cable is not already connected, you may be prompted to connect the printer to the computer again
    using the installation cable as part of the setup process.
    4 Follow the prompts on the computer screen to reinstall the software, and then make the changes that you want.

hope this helps

Thanks

The problem was with my eyes. LOL.
    Security key is written not quite clear for me anymore, had to use my glasses and over suddenly everything worked.