Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share his settings with me ... can i ?

Thanks

Default Share his settings with me ... can i ?

Hi

MY nightboure has a dm500,i had signal problems but i solved the problem.i was connected to his router which dm500 is connected to its ethernet, i can access the enigma web interface and watch channels,but now i have another PHYSICAL problem !

When i change channels from the enigma web interface it also changes from DM500 so my nightboure has to switch to another channel.its a big headache for both of us.Yesterday i recived a sms from him saying " don't change the channel, i am watching soccer.when i finish you can watch whatever you want. "

THAT'S WHY I DECIDED TO BUY A DREAMBOX BUT USE HIS SETTINGS,I MEAN TO SHARE THOSE CHANNELS WITH ME.(MAYBE COPY HIS SERVER IP OR ... TO MINE).

I don't know how to start, what to do to take his setting,maybe through ftp copy them or... BUT i think he connects to a server, i asked him but doesn't know anything someone else came and setup the dreambox for him.i can find out but i don't know where these files and information are stored.maybe in VAR/KEYS ... BTW he uses something like this :

root@dreambox:/var/bin> dir
    drwxr-xr-x 2 1000 1000 0 Jan 1 1970 .
    drwxr-xr-x 18 1000 1000 0 Aug 26 2007 ..
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4152 Dec 17 2007 enigmanet
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Jan 1 1970 inadyn -> /bin/inadyn
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 1000 1000 559144 Jun 10 2008 mgcamd_1.30
    root@dreambox:/var/bin>

maybe its some kind of emulator or...

What you guys suggest?
    Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You misunderstand how Dreambox-based sharing works. Cardsharing is about sharing decryption codes with remote clients, each of which has his own dish and tuner. In that situation each client can watch his own program independently of the others.

What you are doing is streaming. Your DM500 has only one tuner which means it cannot receive more than one transponder frequency at once. Typically the channel you want to watch will be on a different frequency to the one your friend is watching, which means simultaneous reception of those channels on the one tuner is impossible. The enigma web interface is designed for remote control of a box, and though the box can stream its tuned channel out to a client it can't stream different channels simultaneously. You're thinking of web streaming servers that provide different content to many clients simultaneously, but those servers are large and expensive - unlike the DM500 which has barely enough processing power and bandwidth for a single user.

To do what you want you'd need to set up a dish for your receiver and tune using your own receiver's tuner, not using the web interface of the other box (which has its own dish and tuner). The network between your friend and you wouldn't be carrying pictures, only bursts of decryption keys every ten seconds or so. That means your friend would be running a cardsharing server on his box, such as NewCS, and you'd be running a cardsharing client such as mgcamd or evocamd. Architecturally that's how it works. Sharing the subscription between different households is a breach of the contract so I won't be any more specific than that. Setting up networks like that between different rooms of a home, for personal use, is OK though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gw1 View Post
    To do what you want you'd need to set up a dish for your receiver and tune using your own receiver's tuner, not using the web interface of the other box (which has its own dish and tuner). The network between your friend and you wouldn't be carrying pictures, only bursts of decryption keys every ten seconds or so. That means your friend would be running a cardsharing server on his box, such as NewCS, and you'd be running a cardsharing client such as mgcamd or evocamd. Architecturally that's how it works. Sharing the subscription between different households is a breach of the contract so I won't be any more specific than that. Setting up networks like that between different rooms of a home, for personal use, is OK though.

Yes ! You are my hero man ! this is what i want !

But how to start ? first i have to buy a dreambox (dish+tuner...) and then how to make my friend's dreambox to work as a server ? and how to adjust my dreambox ?

Thank you very much man,now many things are clear for me

Thanks

Yes a dreambox with CCcam F: line in the server and C: line in the client and dish on your side of the fence.
    DM500s Black with rear on/off switch $99 inc post , DM800 sim 82 $250 inc post, DM800SE $310 inc

Thanks

Or a dual lnb on his dish with some coax coming over the fence.

Thanks

Or a leftover live cable feed and a DM500C
    DM500s Black with rear on/off switch $99 inc post , DM800 sim 82 $250 inc post, DM800SE $310 inc

Thanks

thanks guys!

soon i will buy a dreambox and ccam.
    but for the configuration do i have to go and visit his house or i can do it through FTP ?

Thanks

1: make sure he actually is using a card

2: if he does not have a card then save your money

3: if he does not have a card does not mean you can just use his login details for his server connection
    as this would tell the server its being used by 2 separate ip's and he would kill it and apart from that neither of you would have decent pictures as it would pixilate all the time .

4: read and read and read before spending any money
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks

i know that someone setup the dreambox for him.they guy who setup the dm maybe has his on server !
    how to check if he is using a card and what kind of card ?

Thanks

well if thats the case and if the bloke who set it up had half a brain i would bet a dollar that the thing is also pass worded and changed from the standard user pass and as such you would not even get to find out the details of the server
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diavalo13666 View Post
    well if thats the case and if the bloke who set it up had half a brain i would bet a dollar that the thing is also pass worded and changed from the standard user pass and as such you would not even get to find out the details of the server
    okay lets start with this thing first :
    do this makes any sence to you ? i download everything via FTP from his dreambox :

Are this useful informations ? what you want me to do to see how this works ?

Thanks

if you open the newcamd.list file in var/keys that will give you the server and login details

DONT post them openly though as each line in that file will be unique for that specific user, itd be like posting your credit card details for someone else to abuse

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by digidude View Post
    if you open the newcamd.list file in var/keys that will give you the server and login details

DONT post them openly though as each line in that file will be unique for that specific user, itd be like posting your credit card details for someone else to abuse

Thanks mate !

newcamd.list file contains :

CWS_MULTIPLE = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wan cardserv
    x = there are many numbers and something like a domain.

Does this mean if i copy this file to my dreambox, i will be able to have all his channels? do i have to install something on my dm?

Thanks

in the newcamd.list file there is a domain which is related with ==> ------.homelinux.org ! what this could be ?

Thanks

It sounds like your friend is paying somebody for access to a pirate cardsharing server. What you are trying to do - copy your friend's details so you can access too - will almost certainly not work, as diavalo13666 said, because most such services are locked down with passwords and other measures to prevent the service from being shared to others without payment.

If you want to participate you will need your friend to ask his mate if he's willing to put you onto his system. He'll take your money, create an account on his server which allows you to log in without interfering with your friend's service, and help you configure your dreambox. He'll probably also sell you a dreambox if you want and set up your dish too for a fee. Those systems are illegal obviously so he may not want to talk to you in case you're a policeman, and conversely you run the risk of being left out of pocket if a countermeasure is deployed and the sharing system stops working, which history shows can happen at any time. Every piracy system involves risk of premature cessation, and some have problems of intermittent outage and glitches. Don't have false expectation; if guaranteed trouble-free service is important to you then you need to get a legit subscription.

Thanks

I can find guys who will do this for me ! but i want to see if i can access with his login account... thats what i want !
    and also how does he know that i am not the same guy who bought the dreambox from him ? i am at the same network with my friend ( Connected with 300 mb/s Wireless accesspoint) ==> LAN

Thanks

I can't believe this discussion has gone this far.....you are going to get yourself, your mate and this site into a fair bit of strife if it continues.
    Last edited by CoopsOz; 10-05-09 at 12:19 PM. Reason: grammer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CoopsOz View Post
    I can't believe this discussion has gone this far.....you are going to get yourself. your mate and this site into a fair bit of strife if it continues.

Comon man !
    You are kidding me....
    bcoss i am new to sat....systems i would like to learn more and more on how they work! how cardsharing works,and much more things...

i didn't post any pirated material or copyrighted material , i am just asking questions to gain expirience and nothing else

Thanks

Yer, well at best yr a leech.

KK

Thanks

If your goal is to learn more on how they work, to gain experience and nothing else, then your best bet is to install NewCS and CCcam, read their docs thoroughly and get a subscription of some kind to play with. If you're only curious then borrow a sub card from a friend for a few days.

Trying to piggyback your mate's account will probably piss off the server owner and may get your mate kicked out. Did you know that? Have you told your mate that?

Wanting to understand how things work is commendable, nothing wrong with that. But if what you're doing looks and smells like freeloading people will be less willing to help.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast