Thread: DM500S as MythTV tuner + shepherd = success !

Thanks

Default DM500S as MythTV tuner + shepherd = success !

It took me nearly a week but I now have my DM500s (with paid F*xt*l subscription) working as a tuner in MythTV, complete with shepherd for guide listing and an external script for changing channels. Happy to PM details if anyone needs assistance setting up.

BTW, shepherd is awesome for getting guide data, but it takes ages to finish the initial run.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by termx View Post
    It took me nearly a week but I now have my DM500s (with paid F*xt*l subscription) working as a tuner in MythTV, complete with shepherd for guide listing and an external script for changing channels. Happy to PM details if anyone needs assistance setting up.

BTW, shepherd is awesome for getting guide data, but it takes ages to finish the initial run.
    Have you tried Elisa at all?

I could never get my dvb cards to work with myth, so went to Elisa and wow - chalk and cheese for me, now to get the dm boxes working as you have done in myth.
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Thanks

Did you set this up as a network stream type tuner?

If I choose network stream I do not get the option for an external channel changer script :|

cheers

Thanks

Can you post some details here on how you set it all up and got it working ?

I have a MythTV with 2 dvb-s cards working find but adding my spare dm500 as another tuner would not hurt.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Thanks

Yes I am thinking perhaps a dm500s (1 tuner) or a relook 400s (2 tuners) but havent come across any info on connecting to myth or vdr or tvheadend.

Ive got shepherd up and going for my dvb-t (fta). love it but yeah gotta leave it overnight for the first scrape.

Thanks

Had the DM500s plugged up the other day playing around with some stuff. Decided to try to work out how to use the dm500s as a tuner. It turns out to be very easy, I don't know if some other settings on my DM500s I have done in the past made it possible of if it works "out of the box".

Set up a new capture card and select dbox2 and fill in the settings for the DM500s/c/t IP address in MythTV setup.

The results where very poor and completely unsatisfactory. The picture was all pixelated. I understand the DM500 had a quality setting for the TS streaming. I never found this setting and found the stability of the stream even over the local lan to be unacceptable so I did not investigate further.

There is some more configuration needed for channel changing I did not do.

If anyone wants to try it just pre select a channel on the DM500. Unless you can get a decent picture and stability don't even bother with the channel changing.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

I understand the DM500 had a quality setting for the TS streaming. I never found this setting and found the stability of the stream even over the local lan to be unacceptable so I did not investigate further.
    i think it is "untick" Enable fast zapping in setup OSD menu????

I have no problems with streaming dm500s/dm7020/Mutant 200s over my LAN.

All running PLI images
    Last edited by porkop; 04-08-09 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    i think it is "untick" Enable fast zapping in setup OSD menu????

I have no problems with streaming dm500s/dm7020/Mutant 200s over my LAN.

All running PLI images
    Thanks for that. I will play with it some day when I have some play time. How happy are you with the quality of the streaming ? On par to watching it on the Machine itself ?

Thanks

try a neutrino based image on your DM500 - its built to emulate a dbox2 and be more compatible with mythtv

m...