Thread: optus aurora updates

Thanks

Default optus aurora updates

G'day, I've managed to completely stuff my phoenix S100B - it froze up during a factory reset, I was forced to turn the thing off, and I'm getting no audio/video, and nothing meaningful on the display... which tells me that I probably "bricked" it. Anyway, I've heard from a couple of people, that when using an aurora/goldie card, you need the receiver on 24/7, or the card will miss an update and also become useless. Since my installer has been very dodgy about returning the thing, it's going to be at least a couple of days before I can put the card in a new box. So I know how soon I have to buy a card, how often do aurora cards send out updates? And will it work in any ku-band receiver, that can pick up C1 and accept smart cards?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink Aurora.

Quote Originally Posted by tigertoddy View Post
    G'day, I've managed to completely stuff my phoenix S100B - it froze up during a factory reset, I was forced to turn the thing off, and I'm getting no audio/video, and nothing meaningful on the display... which tells me that I probably "bricked" it. Anyway, I've heard from a couple of people, that when using an aurora/goldie card, you need the receiver on 24/7, or the card will miss an update and also become useless. Since my installer has been very dodgy about returning the thing, it's going to be at least a couple of days before I can put the card in a new box. So I know how soon I have to buy a card, how often do aurora cards send out updates? And will it work in any ku-band receiver, that can pick up C1 and accept smart cards?

G'Day Cobber,
    A well made card will update within the hour if put in an Irdeto compliant Box.
    Strong, although
    Conax, are usually OK, but to make sure, get one that you can use a FREECAM 2-018 in. Will usually update within minutes even when out in the cold for months.
    Actually a Silver gives better results.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".......