Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paradox EVO and Imperial

Thanks

Default Paradox EVO and Imperial

Has anyone used the new Paradox evo or imperial panels? Any comments on them?

If you say they're crap please include reasons why.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Default Evo Imperial

Quote Originally Posted by rotor138 View Post
    Has anyone used the new Paradox evo or imperial panels? Any comments on them?

If you say they're crap please include reasons why.
    The Evo is a great panel. The Imperial has on just landed in Australia so not sure.... Give the guys at Security Merchants a call they are the exclusive distributors her in Australia and NZ.

DolbyII

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DolbyII View Post
    The Evo is a great panel. The Imperial has on just landed in Australia so not sure.... Give the guys at Security Merchants a call they are the exclusive distributors her in Australia and NZ.

DolbyII
    Not for too much longer as per a press release a couple of days ago.

Security Merchants are extremely pleased and proud to announce that we have been appointed as the exclusive distributors of Protege by Integrated Control Technology (ICT). This will take affect as from July 1, 2009.

"As you may know, we were fortunate enough last year to acquire distribution of this exciting range of Integrated Security, Access Control and Building Automation hardware and software solutions and ICT has seen fit to reward our efforts over the past 12 months by assigning us as their exclusive distributors in Australia. We will continue to maintain and strive to improve cost effective and flexible training, prompt and efficient Technical Support and the best pricing in Australia, on comparable solutions. All of which you, our valued customer, have asked for and expect from your distribution partner.

Over the coming months we will also be announcing new partnerships which will significantly increase our ability to provide innovative and leading edge products to you.

Unfortunately, this also means that our 15 year relationship with Paradox Systems, Canada, will end but, as we move forward in an ever changing economic and technology driven industry, we must also strive to provide the latest technology products with reliability, flexibility, pricing and applications to suit our current local markets. We must be prepared and allowed to make decisions on our product offerings for the benefit of our customers without suffering repercussions from existing suppliers.

Rest assured, contrary to what has been announced by another distributor, Security Merchants will continue to sell and support the entire current range of Paradox products for the next 12 Months but, during this period, will also be introducing to you several new lines of class leading solutions.

Please be assured that our customers are always our first priority. Without customers, there is no business. We are dedicated to providing the best solutions available at an affordable and competitive price and supporting those products with sales training, technical training and technical support."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DolbyII View Post

DolbyII
    Gee took security merchants 15 years to change to another product WHY

May be its not all as good and their new product is better, confusion has began for these poor buggers that purchased their so called great panels and where next

Thanks

They changed because CSD more than likely stitched up a better deal. The same reason Merchants have sole rights to the Protege.
    There is nothing wrong with a Paradox I have had one in my Dads house for over 10 years without Fault.
    The Protege is a brilliant panel (I will admit i am an approved installer).
    There customer support is top notch. but it is a hi end product like a tecom or concept 4000 I wouldn't have one in my house it would be overkill i have an nx16.
    I have a tecom and a protege installed at my office as we are still testing a few features . found a small bug but it was inabout the first week they were out and they had it fixed and the firmware upgrade to me in 24 hours.

Have installed in a few big clients sites now.

I think security merchants are working on getting a new panel for residential and small office sites and am sure it would be a quality unit. just my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by mr.damage; 28-06-09 at 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

From Paradox website.
    Central Security Distribution Appointed Exclusive Paradox Distributor for Australia
    Paradox is pleased to appoint Central Security Distribution (CSD) as the exclusive Paradox distributor for Australia. CSD Australia has proven to be a professional and dedicated distributor, with customer service as their number one priority. With this change, Security Merchants Australia is no longer an official distributor of Paradox products for Australia.

Congratulations and good luck to the entire CSD team!
    Wow, Security Merchants must have done somthing seriously wrong to loose Inner Range and now Paradox.

Thanks

Makes you wonder what poor old Seadan will take on next now SM have Protege from ICT exclusively.

In recent years they been through DMP, Genesis and now Protege. They still sell Crow if your in the market for that level of gear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satfreek View Post
    From Paradox website.

Wow, Security Merchants must have done somthing seriously wrong to loose Inner Range and now Paradox.
    No, its all about money, politics, deals and contracts and heaps of BS.

Thanks

Well security merchants have had Paradox for 15 years and shown minimal growth, CSD have had it for 10 months and doubled the business in Australia...its not hard to work out why CSD are exclusive in Australia.. it was obviously a business decision by Paradox! CSD are about to release new CCTV also i hear!

Also CSD will honor your SM discounts when you buy Paradox to make the transition a easy one to CSD.

Ive used Paradox and it is a nice easy panel, improved over the years, the new imperial is nice and has some cool features...havnt had much time to play yet.
    Last edited by Homer Simpson; 01-07-09 at 11:37 PM.
    Austech member since 2001 (member 21)

Thanks

Ive installed and used the imperial panel and i have to say its a great piece of kit. The switch to din rail install and removable connectors made installations a piece of cake, and look a million bucks.
    Other then the name of babyware software, the structure for programing, reporting and modifications is brilliant, sorry to say but it chits all over the concept panel and their software. The Cana's have done it again. AAA+++

Thanks

Does it crap all over the Concept because you don't understand Concept or is there a genuine reason for your dislike of such a powerful product?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by outl@w View Post
    Ive installed and used the imperial panel and i have to say its a great piece of kit. The switch to din rail install and removable connectors made installations a piece of cake, and look a million bucks.
    Other then the name of babyware software, the structure for programing, reporting and modifications is brilliant, sorry to say but it chits all over the concept panel and their software. The Cana's have done it again. AAA+++
    Id wouldnt say it chits all over concept..lol different kettle of fish!

The Imperial is marketed directly to compete with c bus..and it does at half the price...

The Concept is used for different reasons...and Insight does a million thigs the Babyware software doesnt...but the imperial isnt designed to compete with concept, its designed to be a cheaper alternative....and it does the job very well!

I also note that Paradox have a new 5" touch screen and its very nice..also they have a G sensor for asset protection, runs with all wireless Paradox gear

Thanks

Hi rotor138,

Imperial is a good product but I'd suggest speaking to Scott Hamilton from CSD Mulgrave first. Scott is/was CSD's appointed 'Paradox guru'. I'm not sure if the issues have been addressed but there are a few relating to the automation component. The last time I saw a working demonstration there was a noticeable one to two second delay between pressing a light switch and actually seeing the light come on. Not sure if this has been rectified?

Thanks

I also chat to Scott, he knows everything there is to know about Paradox, he has never failed to answr any of my questions! Top bloke!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Security View Post
    Scott is/was CSD's appointed 'Paradox guru'.
    Bad news: I overheard a conversation at ASIAL last week. Scott is moving back home. So make the most of him while you can!

Thanks

yeah but they have another guy in Vic and a new guy in Sydney!

Thanks

i take back my comments about chitting all over concept, i just got excited getting all working. Not sure if that delay in the lights going on was a previous release but its quick as on our system. Are you guys installing them in oz yet?

Thanks

yeah we have a few out there...lights seem ok to me...i know the earlier ones wer a little slow.

Thanks

Thumbs up Paradox Imperial and EVo

Being in Canada, I have a pretty good source for the product and quite like it. The only negative thing I can say about the Imperial is the fact that the HUB does not boost the Bus power like it does in the EVO counterpart.

I just put an Imperial into a Funeral home with access control and quite like the functionality... well and the price point. I did have the panel crap out on me but the swap was very easy with the DIN rail and plug in connectors.

Of course there is a learning curve, but not as much as with some panels. I guess the whole DIN rail thing was also abit of a pain since I did not use the cans they sell, It is just a matter of screwing it to the can.

As for the EVO, I can't really say enough about the panel. Lots of features and a great price point. Shmuel is a little stubborn with some things at times, my main issue is with regard to the lack of much of any customization ability within the Grafica and moreover the IP100 Browser access logo's (Something which I love about the HAI touchscreen.) He does have a brilliant mind though with a definate insight into a technican focused panel.

Paradox Tech support (For installers) is absolutely excellent. Sometimes there is abit of a french accent to overcome, but aside from that they know their stuff and are quick to help out.

Aside from HAI and Elk, I pretty much install all EVO panels for my side of the business. I have also set as a source of information and parts for both the professional and DIY installers. At this point, there is more info at the keepsafe site, but that will be changing once I get a chance.

So as for what I think of the Paradox Imperial and EVO... I love em.
    Last edited by alarmparts.ca; 13-04-11 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks

Default Imperial V32 panel from Paradox

Has anyone heard that Paradox is doing away with the Imperial panel? CSD doesn't stock parts for this panel anymore.

Anybody know anything???? Not getting calls back from CSD or Paradox......

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast