Thread: Flashget issues...download speeds?

Thanks

Default Flashget issues...download speeds?

Hi all

been having a lot of issues with downloading over the past two weeks, the download manager I use is Flashget v1.9.6.1073, up until about 2weeks ago we never had any problems with this proggy, but lately its been utter shite!

for example I'm downloading a movie atm its been 10minutes and speed has been sitting on zero all this time,

when I first installed flashget last year I had no problems, then had a pc crash due to virus very early this year and still no problems, that is, until now......

My isp is netspace, my web surfing speeds haven't been an issue as such.

what I thought it might have been was the seeding option within flashget, this maybe slowing down the download speeds?

using AVG free and have had issues with AVG very recently with a particular database update and wondering if this could be the problem.

I'm really not sure what the issue is here but i know its peeving the missus and I off, the other thing I will try is an earlier version of flashget and see if this will help.

cheers for any advice
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I had similar problems also and tried several different downloaders with no joy , so now I have a rapidshare account and download everything at top speed 24/7 with no issues at all.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I would install and run Malwarebytes and see if it turns up anything and would also install better AV protection. AVG is pathetic in my opinion and a quality product like Kaspersky only costs a few dollars if you buy a key from ebay.com.
    But thats not saying it is a virus , but you need to rule it out.

What happens if you download without using the download manager ? Do your speeds improve ? Also , is the download manager freeware or a paid program ? Are you using a crack or patch on it ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    I would install and run Malwarebytes and see if it turns up anything and would also install better AV protection. AVG is pathetic in my opinion and a quality product like Kaspersky only costs a few dollars if you buy a key from ebay.com.
    But thats not saying it is a virus , but you need to rule it out.

What happens if you download without using the download manager ? Do your speeds improve ? Also , is the download manager freeware or a paid program ? Are you using a crack or patch on it ?
    gday Sanity

Flashget is freeware, no licence, reg ect, I ve been playing with the settings of the broadband connection over the weekend and discovered, in the LAN connection properties if I "uncheck" client and microsoft networks and file and printer sharing for microsoft networks my download speeds increased dramatically, I don't know why they should increase simply by unchecking these boxes?

I also tried totally uninstalling flashget and re-installing in the hope this might fix any settings issue, not much success on that side though, I then tried downloading without using flashget and found that again download speeds increased dramatically (go figure)

I've ran M/bytes, Trojan remover, & avg on afull scan with all databases updated nothing was found.

I've only been on B/band now for just 8 mths and remember when I first set the connection that the check boxes I mentioned above were in fact unchecked at that stage and somehow have been checked for whatever reason, I did try Kaspersky suite of antivirus and firewall, but didn't like it that much, I remember in a previous discussion thread that a member had trouble with Kaspersky just the network connections and maybe this did this to me, but for the time being my download speeds have increased rather dramatically since unchecking the two boxes.

as for any other ideas, anyone else have a suggestion?
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination