This is a general guide ,what means you will have to find the stuff you need yourself ! (except for the links posted here!)
First some general infos and tips :
Some terms :
Navcore : the software that runs on your Tomtom - same as your Windows on the PC
SE Navcore : a special Navcore that emulates functions of "bigger" Tomtom devices ,sometime with "switchfiles" to deactivate functions you don't really need to safe on RAM
ttgo.bif : file containing all important info's of your device
Bootloader : the "bios" of your Tomtom - same as the bios for your PC
Map and map version : most ppl here will need an Australian or New Zealand map - that would be the stuff you see on your Tomtom while driving
The map version is the number that identifies the map e.g. 830.2352 for the latest Australian map with ALG ,CSSpeech and IQ routes
meta.txt : file containing the blowfish code to activate maps - sometimes only as text in the thread with the download link. In that case copy and paste it into a file named "meta.txt" together with your keygen.
TT Home : Tomtom Home ,the application that runs on your PC
ALG : advanced lane guidance - shows you images of the lanes if it gets complicated ,mostly on the freeway
IQ Routes : Technology from Tomtom to calculate the fasted route based on times automatically recorded by your Tomtom and transmitted when you connect it to your PC
CS Speech ,TTS ,ASR : related to the computer voices and speech recognition running on "bigger" Tomtom units - usually all included in a goog Navcore ,so nothing to worry about
(computer]voices : There are two types of voices to be used - "normal" voices gives you simple instructions and they are recorded,like the "celebrity voices.
Computer voices are much bigger in filesize and need more RAM to work ,but the read aloud street names ,warnings and textmessages.
Keygen/Easyusetools : needed to activate a non genuine map and to patch your "ttsystem" and Tomtom Home DLL.
ttsystem : don't think about it too much. All you need to know is : almost all downloaded Navcores are already patched and a original Navcore from Tomtom needs to be patched in order to work with a non genuine map.
How to update (I assume you do all - Navcore and Map,if it is only the map jump to 8. after checking on 1. and 2.):
1. Make a proper backup using the Windows Explorer - not Tomtom Home!!
1.1 Make sure you see all files and folders -even hidden and system!! (check under settings)
1.2 Check if you backups is really complete - if not you might be in trouble if you need to restore your old system
2. If you have a slot for a memory card - USE IT!!!
Why? Because you always keep a working system on your internal memory and a 2GB SD card is less than $10! A new Tomtom is ??
3. Check if there are special instructions in regards to the Navcore you download e.g. settings for a SE Navcore ,if the Navcore is complete or if you need to download voices and so on...
4. Download all files you need ,like Nacore ,map ,voices , keygens ,POI's into a folder on you har disc - make sure you make "intelligent subfolders" like "Navcore" , "MAP" ,"REST" in order to not confuse yourself!
5. Check the 1. before you continue
6. If you have a SD card delete everything what is on there.
If you use your internal memory do the same ,but leave it connected and don't turn it off!
6.1 Hint : if you have a card reader - use it because it will be much faster than using the card in your Tomtom!
7. Copy all files and folder for the Navcore to the root of your "system" (System means the SD card if you use it ,or the internal memory if don't use a card!)
8. Copy all files for your new map into a folder on your "system" e.g. "Australia" ,but make sure you are not using a subfolder within it - sometime a map in a downloaded archive is already in a folder e.g.Australia_830_2352. So either copy that folder to root of your system or the files within into the folder you created for the map.
9. Start your Tomtom once to create a new "ttgo.bif" - turn it off without accessing the menu and ignore warnings that you can't use the map or that no map is found!
10. Use a keygen to activate the map and if you use an original Navcore to patch the "ttsystem"
11. Start your Tomtom to configure the setting and enjoy!
If these steps are not working for you : DON'T PANIC!!!
Most likely you have made a minor mistake on the way - start over and try again after a short break.
Error mesages related to the map occur mostly because of a non patched "ttsystem" or not properly activated map - so check the keygen part again!
Some downloads :
: All in one tool for activating map and all patching - needs a connected Tomtom (Tomtom Home not running in the background!) - The buttons are pretty much self explaining!
Same as the "easyusetools" you will find in regards to the maps ,but with a nice frontend running under Windows.
You only need to copa the the "meta.txt" into the same folder and press the buttons...
- ignore the 2305 in the name,it is in fact the 2352! PW : downunder
including a videoplayer and some extras - reported to be working on : Go7xx ,Go5xx,Go9xx,ONE V3,One V4
Without TTS and ASR reported to wor fine on : Go300,Go500,ONE,ONE classic
PW : gsmfree
PW : gsmfree ,Tool to show you the info's of your Tomtom ,like Serial number ,Navcore ,installed map ....
Think that should be enough for a start...