Thread: cant cut and paste

Thanks

Default cant cut and paste

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? I cannot copy, cut or paste from emails in outlook 2003 and in trying to register some software I need to input some info but it will not allow me to. I cant get the cursor to activate in the text box. I have been trying to figure this out all morning and I am out of ideas so any help would be hugely appreciated.
    "I dont care who your old man is. Dont walk on the water while I`m fishin`". Peter The Apostle

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Sounds like you've got the W32Blaster Worm
    Run Malawarebytes

however B4 you do that just check the following to ensure that copy / paste is enabled:

Control Panel > Select Internet Options > click on the Security tab. Then click on Custom Setting, scroll down to find the option "Drag and copy or paste" and ensure that it is enabled.
    Last edited by K1.Cruiser; 15-08-09 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks

Unfortunately K1you were right the first time. W32 a most unpheasant plucker.I was, very ironicly, in the process of downloading and installing a new internet security package when I got it. My TrendMicro subscription expired overnight so I thought I would try Kaspersky, obviously TM didnt stop the worm but Kaspersky found it. Now I will run MWB and see if it finds any remnants. The program I downloaded to become infected was Easy Gif Animator. What pisses me off the most is I actually paid for it.

It`s all good now.
    Last edited by niftyned; 15-08-09 at 07:22 PM. Reason: updated
    "I dont care who your old man is. Dont walk on the water while I`m fishin`". Peter The Apostle

• The Following User Says Thank You to niftyned For This Useful Post:

K1.Cruiser (16-08-09)