Thread: No Satellite Signal Neing Recieved - Foxtel

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default No Satellite Signal Being Received - Foxtel

Hi guys
    Apologies if this is the wrong forum.

I am having some issues with Foxtel. Every Saturday for the last 6 weeks at 11am, Foxtel stops working. We get a blue screen with a F100 banner that says "no satellite signal is being recieved". We can scan through the channels and see what is on, but all channels have the same message. I usually leave home on Saturdays at 12, and by the time I return at 5pm it is working again. This is happening every Saturday at 11am without fail. Things I tried:

1. Turned off the Foxtel Box, unplugged the power, checked all cables screwed in correct. Switch it all back on, still same problem. Did that for the first 2 Saturdays thinking it was something that just happens. After that, I did point 2.

2. Called Foxtel, they asked if I had done what I did above, then advised to change the LNB settings from 10.7 to 11.3. Still didn't work. Changed LNB settings back. They decided to get a tech to come out. I let them know that by the time the tech came, it would be working again. They said he would still have a look and make sure it was all ok.

So the tech came out, saw that it was all working. Checked the signal strength and did a cable test and it all looked ok. Nothing he could do, so he left. Next Saturday, it happened again. Called Foxtel, they got the tech to come out the next day. Tech came when it was working, can't do anything but swap out the box. Did that and off he went. Following Saturday at 11am, same issue. Called Foxtel, tech came next day when Foxtel working. Did a software upgrade on the box and said he hopes it works. He said that if I have the same problem again, to call Foxtel and let them know to have a tech around at 11am on Saturday.

Same issue on Saturday again. This time, I called Foxtel to let them know that I would like the tech to be at my house at 11am. So I have to wait until this Saturday and see what happens.

Anyway, just wandering if anyone else on here has had the same issue or know of anything else that can be done. My Foxtel Box is a Pace Box running scart to the TV. I have not changed anything prior to these issues occurring. It just started happening one Saturday, and now happens every week. It did it for the first time on Sunday at the same time, so not sure if it happens during the week or not. I will set up a recorder to start recording at 11am during the week and see what happens.

Cheers guys, and sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by sotko; 24-08-09 at 11:29 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

2. Look Here ->