Thread: V8 Computer & Printer Interface Help

Thanks

Smile V8 Computer & Printer Interface Help

Hey guys I'm new here I'm doing a apprenticeship at the moment in the security and iv been doing it for 5 months now love it anyway i had my boss ring me tonight and told me that theres a client that wants there tecom V8 connected to there computer so they are able to control it now this is the second time i have only worked on a tecom and with my boss only now by my self now i know how to program the tecoms but iv never installed a Computer & Printer Interface card into them so what do i have to do to get this working with the tecom.

After i install the card and re power the system is there any programing i have to do for the tecom to see the card ?? and also with wiring the card to the Pc what pins from the card do the Tx Rx CTS RTS go to on the db9 serial plug which i have to make the lead my self which doesn't look that hard to do but my boss wouldn't normally leave me like this but he has had to go to NSW because of family and trust me to do this for him so guys if anyone can help me it would mean a lot thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I admire your desire to learn, but can I suggest you maximise your apprenticeship by compelling your boss to send you on a proper training course. Otherwise, you will complete your apprenticeship having served as cheap labour yet having learned very little.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

Gregathome (30-09-10)

Thanks

This information should've been included with the TS0091. Here's a link to the manual: .

Working in this industry can be a fun, challenging and rewarding career path. Just as downunderdan has said, if your current employer does not enrol you in a course sooner or later I'd find someone else to work for.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Security View Post
    This information should've been included with the TS0091. Here's a link to the manual: .

Working in this industry can be a fun, challenging and rewarding career path. Just as downunderdan has said, if your current employer does not enrol you in a course sooner or later I'd find someone else to work for.
    lol you make it sound so simple to do for a young fella having a crack!
    dont worry mate! follow the destructions as best as you can and give it a go, worst you can do is pop a couple of fuses or default the system! try to get it talking to your pc first and get a back up of the data base...
    everything else should just happen!

Thanks

If this is a new job, why are you not using a TS0898 instead of the antiquated serial interface?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kneebo View Post
    lol you make it sound so simple to do for a young fella having a crack!
    dont worry mate! follow the destructions as best as you can and give it a go, worst you can do is pop a couple of fuses or default the system! try to get it talking to your pc first and get a back up of the data base...
    everything else should just happen!
    Call me crazy but I would think that wiring configuration between a computer and the UART is alot easier than wiring a standard PIR for 4 state monitoring. The manual is ugly but clear.

I hope the first lesson alarmguy1982 was taught was "If you don't know - ASK!". It's better asking a stupid question than making a stupid (and possibly costly) mistake.

Thanks

Hey guys thanks for all the reply's and thank you Security for sending me the link to download the manual really appreciate it i installed the card wired it up to there Pc and all working fine so cheers guys an yes i will be also be talking to my boss when he gets back about all of that

Thanks

There are no stupid questions. Only stupid people.

--Mr Garrison, South Park.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Security View Post
    Call me crazy but I would think that wiring configuration between a computer and the UART is alot easier than wiring a standard PIR for 4 state monitoring. The manual is ugly but clear.

I hope the first lesson alarmguy1982 was taught was "If you don't know - ASK!". It's better asking a stupid question than making a stupid (and possibly costly) mistake.
    Your not wrong but if your inexperienced and your staring down a Challanger with leds blinking and an abundance of components it can be intimidating.
    I speak from experience