Thread: Free Second box Foxtel

Thanks

Default Free Second box Foxtel

Hate it when you are a loyal customer to foxtel and the new customers get all the benifits?

Well give them a call and ask for the disconnection section and tell them you want to disconnect and reconnect.

This will give you a second box for free for 12months. Of course you will be back on a 12month contract.

If you are in a contract then you do not have this option.

Worked for me... Good luck
    For wholesale prices on your wedding gifts visit

Priceless Weddings

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Decapper For This Useful Post:

best4less (19-09-09)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Lol ( at the google ads for a free second foxtel box that are showing athe moment )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Decapper View Post
    This will give you a second box for free for 12months. Of course you will be back on a 12month contract.
    Check the fineprint. Foxtel offered me that when I signed up, but it tured out I had to fork over an extra $15/mo for an extra outlet to get the free box.

When I told them I already had the extra outlet from a previous install they said "doesn't matter, if you want the free box you have to pay $15/mo for the second outlet"

I told them to shove their "free" box where the sun don't shine.

Thanks

So they want to charge you for your own cable .

Thanks

Default Loyalty programs - why Foxtel & Austar don't have them

Foxtel & Austar's "free" bonuses offered to blow-ins but denied to long-time customers are further evidence that they focus only on short term profit without concern for customer satisfaction.

Companies with market monopoly don't need to worry about customer discontent. Sure, Foxtel and Austar have a costly churn problem but thanks to their monopoly (denying SelecTV access to content through exclusive deals) they don't need to worry about customers going elsewhere. Rather than reduce churn by offering reduced rates and other bonuses to long-term customers, they try to minimise it via lock-in contracts and regular rebranding campaigns that repackage the same product in different forms to give the illusion of freshness.

It's because of their monopoly that Austar and Foxtel have no concept of loyalty. Businesses in competitive markets do though! Coffee shops, book stores and DVD rental outlets for example.

Plenty of businesses deal with churn cost by loyalty rewards. The cost to landlords of getting new tenants when old ones move out can be high if the next one is a ratbag. I know several wise rental property owners who reduce their rates to tenants after several years as a reward. Encouraging good tenants to stay on makes perfect business sense. But the Pay TV company attitude is "who cares, they don't have anywhere else to go".

Many employers have found creative ways to encourage skilled staff to stay on rather than go elsewhere, the most basic one being regular pay rises. But imagine if every year your employer said "we are unable to absorb the rising costs of doing business and are forced to pass them onto you; accordingly your pay will be reduced by 5%". The only reason you'd tolerate it would be if you had nowhere else to work. Yet that's effectively what Foxtel and Austar do each year with their price rises.

Airlines, surprisingly, tend to have the same short-sighted attitude as Pay TV companies when it comes to loyalty. They have "reward programs" but charge fees for the privilege of being in them. When Qantas introduced their frequent flyer program fee I told them to shove it, and thereafter gave preference to other airlines. "You don't get it", I told them. "A reward is where YOU pay ME. Not the other way around."

• The Following User Says Thank You to gw1 For This Useful Post:

vk6hgr (21-09-09)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Its quite a good deal really , sign up for the full package and give a friend or neighbor the other box and get them to pay half the bill.

Full package = $53 a month that way instead of the pocket busting $106

Premium Member
    Thanks

Foxtel come to the party with me, free iq2 and HD package for 12 months but it took me three months of slamming them about a lack of loyalty to existing customers blah blah blah.

In the end they basicaly asked what I wanted to stay on as a customer and we come up with a good deal.