Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: According crikey.com.au - Optus accidently posted new Pay TV channel details online.

Thanks

Default According crikey.com.au - Optus accidently posted new Pay TV channel details online.

Subscription Television provider Optus have mistakenly revealed a number of the new channels that will commence on the service as well as on Foxtel and Austar later this year, before the expected media launch later this month.

Optus have since removed the pages showing the new package pricing and descriptions of the new channels, both of which will commence in November:

The following channels will become available from 15 November 2009: Lifestyle You, 13th Street, The Style Network, Discovery Turbo Max, Nat GEO Wild, Eurosport, Family Movie Channel, KidsCo, Showtime Drama, Showtime Comedy, Showtime Action, and Starpics channels. Showtime Greats will no longer be available from 15 November 2009.

As well as replacing Showtime Greats, The Spy Report understands the 2 hour timeshift of Showtime, Showtime 2 and Showtime Classics will be replaced by the new genre based Showtime services. A number of other timeshifted services will be also be replaced.

Telstra have also announced today that there will be a price rise in November for new subscribers to their resold Foxtel products as well as existing customers who change packages.

Descriptions of the new channels :

13TH STREET encourages you to solve a crime, to match wits with your favourite detective. Mysterious, intelligent, inquisitive and challenging.

LifeStyle YOU provides great content ensuring you feel great about yourself, your family, your passions, and your life. LifeStyle YOU empowers and entertains you.

The Style Network is the home of makeovers, from fashion to beauty to home to community. The Style Network provides expertise and inspiration for women who aspire to look fabulous, live well, be daring and celebrate life in progress.

Discovery Turbo Max is dedicated to all things motored. Offering adrenaline-fuelled entertainment for those who love the thrill of speed, it brings viewers along for the ride.

Nat GEO Wild The world’s most awarded filmmakers allow you to get closer to the most powerful wildlife encounters ever seen on television.

Eurosport stages a diverse variety of sports covering more than 60 sports genres. Eurosport delivers world class events from an international perspective, focusing on LIVE coverage.

FMC is Australia’s first and only Family Movie Channel, the biggest destination for ad-free family friendly flicks. 7pm, 7 nights a week you’ll find a movie for the whole family.

KidsCo – a quality children’s channel for boys and girls 6-10 and pre-schoolers showcasing the best animated/live-action programming from 10 global content partners.

Showtime Drama – A whole channel dedicated exclusively to best in drama movies, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With at least 235 movie titles per year and 3 premieres a week – all uninterrupted whenever the mood suits you.

Showtime Comedy – A whole channel dedicated exclusively to movies that make you laugh plus a dedicated family timeslot for all the family to enjoy. With at least 235 movie titles per year and 3 premieres a week – all uninterrupted whenever the mood suits you.

Showtime Action – A whole channel dedicated exclusively to action movies, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With at least 235 movie titles per year and 3 premieres a week you can catch smash hit action movies – all uninterrupted whenever the mood suits you.

STARPICS only programs movies featuring Hollywood’s biggest stars. STARPICS 1 & STARPICS 2 presents a double dose of your favourite stars 24/7
    Last edited by earlsdon; 24-09-09 at 04:47 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to earlsdon For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

beer4life (24-09-09),best4less (24-09-09),conan_oz (25-09-09),Fernbay (25-09-09),mborkp (28-09-09),OSIRUS (25-09-09),sat 49 (24-09-09),SystemRat (25-09-09),wyalkatchemsat (30-09-09),z1gg33 (24-09-09)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by earlsdon View Post
    Telstra have also announced today that there will be a price rise in November for new subscribers to their resold Foxtel products as well as existing customers who change packages.
    Foxtel/Telstra ALWAYS up their prices in November/December.

No improvement in services, just the usual annual price gouge, so yeah, we should all be looking out for the only snail mail Foxtel ever send us about "important information from Foxtel about your service"
    Last edited by MyComputer; 24-09-09 at 05:52 PM.

Thanks

so only one channel for blokes, the rest for women and family, foxtel must be run by and for women. Im still angry how they took away History+2 to replace it with W+2!!!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jason_dinAlt For This Useful Post:

best4less (24-09-09)

Premium Member
    Thanks

What ... another price rise....Unbelieveable

And yeah sure I will get one of those "nice" letters telling me I am going to pay more...

And yeah I am supposed to get excited about it.

I hate Monopolies and I hate Foxtel.

Thanks

On the bright side, each price rise is an opportunity for you to get out of the contract if you want. You just write and advise them their change of agreement has been declined. They then have the choice of either keeping you at the same price for the remainder of the contract or letting you disconnect and return the equipment without penalty. There's no early termination fee because they are the ones who broke contract by increasing the subscription fee.

They can't increase prices without giving you the option of leaving, otherwise they could double the price at whim. If they dispute it just threaten to take it to the ombudsman.

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gw1 For This Useful Post:

beer4life (25-09-09),best4less (25-09-09),MM_VCD (25-09-09),OSIRUS (25-09-09),peter3535 (25-09-09),urban_s0ulja (25-09-09)

Thanks

nm

Thanks

It's not all bad..

I'm looking forward to sci-fi+2 for a start..
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Sci Fi +2 ?? same old crap now on TWICE, God Help US all !!!
    I am so disapointed with the current line up on the Sci Fi channel I am seriously thinking of saving the $4 a month and cancelling it as there is nothing else I am interested on that 'grouping' of channels.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Sci Fi +2 ?? same old crap now on TWICE, God Help US all !!!
    I am so disapointed with the current line up on the Sci Fi channel I am seriously thinking of saving the $4 a month and cancelling it as there is nothing else I am interested on that 'grouping' of channels.

+2 are great for those of us that have alzheimer's .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I am so disapointed with the current line up on the Sci Fi channel
    couldnt agree more. htf is "buffy" and "angel" scifi ffs?

Just like htf is the dog whisperer and judge judy a "bio"?

what foxtel has done here is moved bored housewives' popular shows that used to be in the standard package into channels that you have to pay extra for, ven though they dont belong in that genre. bastards.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Discovery turbo has been on selectv from the start.

Wait after the first few months of watching it...just another boring repetitive channel.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

Fernbay (25-09-09),myf360f1 (25-09-09)

Thanks

I've said it before... people in the Eastern States have no idea how useful the +2 channels are to us West Aussies.

Especially now we won't be having daylight savings (it got voted out) so we will be 3 hours behind.
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Banned
    Thanks

Talking what are they made in australia to

hi everyone,wheres showtime come from is it made here or from the usa .the showtime made here is garbage ,i tell you foxtel and austar still want to pay showtime in the usa royalties for using its name or what!! ,i told foxtel to get rid of ther movie networks my god i told them toi get hbo 1 hbo 2 hbo signature etc not the trifal they make here these people have no idea about pay tv.; ,also i hope they plan getting rid off ausmark etc like i told them to revamp there network ,thanjs hamguy2 nsw

Banned
    Thanks

Thumbs down scifi channels made in australia to like nearly all of it

the scifi channel is made in australia to i knew that from the start, its pittfyful how foxtel could ask for more money on top of the rubbish there got now .i think a 50% reduction in price is better and get rid of these channels how to channel, nick jr no such channel as nick junior,disney playhouse made in australia etc ,ausmark formally hallmark made in australia ,espn sportscentre aus talking afl nrl etc get rid of it as well ,thanks hamguy2 nsw

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post
    I've said it before... people in the Eastern States have no idea how useful the +2 channels are to us West Aussies.
    Exactly.
    As far as they are concerned, Australia ends just west of their border

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Wow more old movie channels I can hardly wait for that one. I imagine the lifestyle channels will be rehashes of the stuff already being shown or old episodes from free to air. I don't think Burkes backyard has been repeated on pay TV yet although if they bought that back with new shows it would be a winner. The motor racing channel sounds interesting but I figure it will be extra and full of repeats cycled over a three to six month period.

I had expected Foxtel to only make a lot of the new stuff available as HD as it's a value add and forces subscribers to pay more. Optus have stopped selling Optus TV to new customers but will let existing customers swap within plans and as far as I know Optus do not have HD on the cable based system. Could it be they will push people to Foxtel satellite based equipment.

I wonder if the plan is to maintain the cable based TV system or encourage them off to satellite as a Foxtel reseller arrangement.

Perhaps there is a connection between no more new Optus TV subscribers and the push to value add things like HD which is Telstra's business model to screw extra money out of customers which requires satellite to deliver to the end user.

• The Following User Says Thank You to SystemRat For This Useful Post:

Fernbay (25-09-09)

Banned
    Thanks

Lightbulb more installation options better prices etc better channels

id love to see dish or direct tv buy austar out what foxtel would do then probably run between there legs.because direct tv would run over them with some of the tv channels there got .tleast you own your own pvr box hd etc through them .alsothey give you an option to install it yourself if not they have 1 of there many installers come out and do it for you,also it doesnt cost $200 to get it connected either my god no wonder alot of people are upset over there overpriced iq2 piece of rubbish!!the918 octagon is a better box then theres ,look at there stupid basic set top boxes they havent even got the channel number on the front ,thanks hamguy2 nsw

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post

Especially now we won't be having daylight savings (it got voted out) so we will be 3 hours behind.
    3 hrs.....you're joking right?

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hamguy2 View Post
    hi everyone,wheres showtime come from is it made here or from the usa .the showtime made here is garbage ,i tell you foxtel and austar still want to pay showtime in the usa royalties for using its name or what!! ,i told foxtel to get rid of ther movie networks my god i told them toi get hbo 1 hbo 2 hbo signature etc not the trifal they make here these people have no idea about pay tv.; ,also i hope they plan getting rid off ausmark etc like i told them to revamp there network ,thanjs hamguy2 nsw
    Why don't Foxtel listen to you? Boy I've missed your witty banter!

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Fernbay (25-09-09),Fixxxer (25-09-09),osci (25-09-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    3 hrs.....you're joking right?
    No he's not.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast