Thread: C or ku mesh?

Thanks

Default C or ku mesh?

Hi all....

having pox trying to get a good KU signal from my old 3.6m orbitron.

Can you dish mesh experts please have a squiz at the pic and let me know if its KU or C band... bare in mind that it is about 15 yrs old.. I would expect KU to peg the meter on this size dish looking at C1... 12.407 only peaks at 90 SNR 87 AGC on the DM500... i get nearly that from my sky dish???!! I have tried LNB after LNB... fuji.. invacom all prime focus ones etc and my focal point is 50 1/8" according to the manual... and is close to that according to my meter.. I have a pro installer meter.. throw a C band lnb on it and point to PAS 8 and it pegs the meter... starting to doubt the mesh hole size... measured with a vernier caliper is about 3.8mm longways 2.3 high at the widest hole points.

Cheers

Ady

Last edited by Ady_m; 15-10-09 at 01:28 PM. Reason: pic link missing
    upgrading to Premium soon LOL

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

6mm or greater hole= c band only

Yours are 3, should work.

Forget what you focal point of the dish is, have you tried playing with it and is your lnb looking straight into the center of the dish or is it a little out and off center?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

I'd be inclined to think it's C-Band and most of the Ku signals are going through the mesh.

You can't make a comparison against Ku on C1 and C on IS8.

If you say you get those Ku C1 figures with a Ku Sky dish.... why not use that?

You didn't say if you are actually having reception problems and the figures you quoted suggest you have sufficient signal for the decoder to lock and be reliable. Is this not the case?

If your reception from C1 is ok, then there's probably no need to do anything.

Thanks

Those early Orbitron Mesh dish should work well on Ku as well, coz the holes are much further or closer.I compare it with my dish which is a KTI.The only drawback is the shape of dish is deeper compare to my KTI which is shallower.

Thanks

Default ku mesh

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    I'd be inclined to think it's C-Band and most of the Ku signals are going through the mesh.

You can't make a comparison against Ku on C1 and C on IS8.

If you say you get those Ku C1 figures with a Ku Sky dish.... why not use that?

You didn't say if you are actually having reception problems and the figures you quoted suggest you have sufficient signal for the decoder to lock and be reliable. Is this not the case?

If your reception from C1 is ok, then there's probably no need to do anything.
    I am trying to draw in the oz only ku beams (fox/aurora) from c1/d3 in Auckland.. I have friends here that are doing it on 2m solid f/glass with fade only during midday times.. and know of other 3.6m mesh dishes in NZ doing the job all day and very well.... this is why i am starting to suspect the mesh is c band. 12.407 V 30000 is on an AU/NZ beam so is very strong... but i would expect this xponder to peg the meter and it doesnt... not even close... I have noticed that when i have 'peaked' the lnb on my meter I still only get very small peaks on the spectrum from the other xponders. they should at least break threshold on the meter or give me something... but nothing...
    upgrading to Premium soon LOL