Thread: web accelarators

Thanks

Default web accelarators

Hi all, I after some advice regaring web accelarators for dial-up
    do they work, I really don't do a great deal of surfing, I mainly use my dial-up for checking in here and email, and don't do a much downloading for obvious reasons, but there are times I do need to download files and am looking at ways of speeding up my dial-up connection and thought these web accelarators may be the way the to go -other tan b/band.

if anyone has use web accelarators please fell free to give some advice, cheers.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Dail-up.. I thought the flintstones only used that

From my knowledge the only thing those programs do is adjust the MTU settings. Which can help with win98se but with winxp you are really stuck with the speed you got. If you do a search online you can find out how to adjust your own MTU.. Its got to do with the command line and using ping.exe and regedit. My belief is they are all a rip off and will not help you out at all. This excludes programs that are supplied say by dodo.com for there dail-up which will only work with there dail-up which I believe does increase speed. Save your money and get broadband!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osci View Post
    Hi all, I after some advice regaring web accelarators for dial-up
    do they work, I really don't do a great deal of surfing, I mainly use my dial-up for checking in here and email, and don't do a much downloading for obvious reasons, but there are times I do need to download files and am looking at ways of speeding up my dial-up connection and thought these web accelarators may be the way the to go -other tan b/band.

if anyone has use web accelarators please fell free to give some advice, cheers.
    only one i know is onspeed

link

Thanks

I'm not too sure which company was offering it, but i'm sure there was a dial-up service somewhere which, before transferring images reduced the image resolution or changed the format. I think this made web pages etc... load a bit faster.

May help if you can find out how it was done.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seacod View Post
    I'm not too sure which company was offering it, but i'm sure there was a dial-up service somewhere which, before transferring images reduced the image resolution or changed the format. I think this made web pages etc... load a bit faster.

May help if you can find out how it was done.
    It was dodo.

kevin1341 Far West NSW AU

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

They download the page in a " average " quality so it downloads faster. Thats what the one I used did anyway , that was with iPrimus many moons ago

The less the quality , the faster the page loaded. On the worst quality the page was almost unreadable.