Thread: Hills Home Security System - Help needed

Thanks

Default Hills Home Security System - Help needed

Hi Guys,

Has anyone here tried adding a phone number to Hills Home Security System ?? I have their HILLS Series LED Code Pad.

I tried few times following instructions on Page 17-18 of their manual () but it never works.

Has anyone tried it ???
    I tried adding a no and tested it , nothing works. I tried viewing if any existing no is there , nothing appears. I know for sure my set was programmed to add such numbers when it was installed at 1st time.

Can someone helps ? Hills consultant will charge 135 $ if i ask them to come and configure it for me.. so plz suggest me something that i shud try ?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

hi i dont know much about the hills nx series but just by reading that manual i would ask was the alarm set to dial a mobile phone when it was set up , if it was set to dial a monitoring centre then the user cannot change the phone number . has to be done with the installer code.
    hope this helps

Only numbers set to ‘pager’ or ‘siren tone’ telephone formats can be modified by you. One of these formats must have been programmed by the alarm panel installer for you to access this feature.

Thanks

just an update , Its - Hills Reliance R12 Security System.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!!

Thanks

Yes it can be done. Post the sequence you are using and the reason you are doing it and I'll see if I can help you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dazza592 View Post
    hi i dont know much about the hills nx series but just by reading that manual i would ask was the alarm set to dial a mobile phone when it was set up , if it was set to dial a monitoring centre then the user cannot change the phone number . has to be done with the installer code.
    hope this helps

Only numbers set to ‘pager’ or ‘siren tone’ telephone formats can be modified by you. One of these formats must have been programmed by the alarm panel installer for you to access this feature.
    That sounds correct to me, would explain why it didn't work when you changed the number.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulypudding View Post
    Yes it can be done. Post the sequence you are using and the reason you are doing it and I'll see if I can help you.
    * 4 1 then my master code #

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rotor138 View Post
    That sounds correct to me, would explain why it didn't work when you changed the number.
    i remember that when this was activated for 1st time (8 months back) , security guy told me that its ready and i can add my no when i like by following the manual instructions..

i'm not sure of installer code..

Thanks

Is there a phone line connected to the alarm panel ???????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sickpuppy View Post
    Is there a phone line connected to the alarm panel ???????
    Good thought , phone line is fine , no issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by namz View Post
    * 4 1 then my master code #
    Should work if it is the master code you are using. Also, I presume you are entering the phone number after the *41 and before the #. Try some other functions in the user book that require a master code to confirm that your code is the master code. A normal user code won't do it.

Thanks

I am really hoping someone can help me, I had a similar problem and with the same alarm and unfortunately I didnt see this thread until after the alarm installer came out and reprogrammed our alarm to go to our mobiles instead of back to their monitoring station. The problem is at 1.35am this morning our mobiles kept going off and the alarm was trying to send a signal back to base, I know previously that was when the monitoring station would send the signal.

The particular security company who installed it have been nothing but a pain to deal with (and they cost us a considerable sum when they didnt ask us if we had any pets which we do so they installed normal PIR's and subsequently had to replace, although they pushed every other upgrade under the sun which we took) and I really dont want to have to call them again as they will probably want to come out and charge us again!

When they decommissioned the monitoring shouldnt that have stopped this, also the installer 'conveniently' didnt give my husband the master code - HELP!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutlea View Post
    I am really hoping someone can help me, I had a similar problem and with the same alarm and unfortunately I didnt see this thread until after the alarm installer came out and reprogrammed our alarm to go to our mobiles instead of back to their monitoring station. The problem is at 1.35am this morning our mobiles kept going off and the alarm was trying to send a signal back to base, I know previously that was when the monitoring station would send the signal.

The particular security company who installed it have been nothing but a pain to deal with (and they cost us a considerable sum when they didnt ask us if we had any pets which we do so they installed normal PIR's and subsequently had to replace, although they pushed every other upgrade under the sun which we took) and I really dont want to have to call them again as they will probably want to come out and charge us again!

When they decommissioned the monitoring shouldnt that have stopped this, also the installer 'conveniently' didnt give my husband the master code - HELP!
    You need to call them back, under warranty.
    Tell them to programme the system fro Domestic Dial .

Just so you know, alarms calling mobiles = bad idea.
    Maybe chose another monitoring provider?

Thanks

I'm sure they thought they'd programmed it correctly, but they should return under warranty for sure.

The NX/Reliance series don't have a "domestic dial" programming option like other panels. You can set the format to domestic siren (type 3) but this only enable the ability to kiss of the panel using a tone on your phone. All reporting will be as per dialler format unless they have gone through and taken out all the unnecessary programming, which they obviously didn't do correctly. I expect they have left a few other things in too.

Paul

Thanks

The instructions on page 17 and 18 are reversed. If you use the page 18 instructions "Viewing Telephone Numbers" to input a new number it will work and vica versa. I have an NX8 and found this out through trial and error.