Thread: What is the Ideal LNB for the new Optus D3?

Thanks

Default What is the Ideal LNB for the new Optus D3?

I am currently using a LO 11300 LNB for optus Aurora, and it works fine. I am hoping to tap into the new SAT FTA channels for the Mildura region to be broadcasted from the D3. Not sure what frequencies it will be on as no details has been released to the public. (I bet they are still in commercial negotiation - Which is the standard response for the government if any one asks) We are due to get this signal from 2010 and there are no specifications of the actual service, or format or what sort of decoder you will need.. Mpeg4 is the suggestion so far but until the service goes live, they can change their mind any time.

Anyway I did a scan of the D3,C1 together and notice that the frequencies received in are in the range 12.3 to 12.7 Ghz.

I doublt that 11300 LO will get the full spectrum for the D3 TPs.

What do the Experts here suggest? a Fix LNB with lower LO value ( What LO value would be optimal) or is a univeral LNB a better way to go?

Also if anyone is aware of any news on this FTA TV service for the Mildura region, do entertain us, as I have asked just about every one and no one knows anything. We are due to have the service in 2010.

Thanks.

Look Here ->

Thanks

Buy a 10700 lnb

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Exclamation It is plastered all over the Forum. Seek and ye shall find.

The Optus Satellites are the only ones that will have Australian programs.
    Either a 10700 or Universal 09750/10600 LNB will cover all possible channels on these Satellites.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Last edited by beer4life; 02-11-09 at 03:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    The Optus Satellites are the only ones that will have Australian programs.
    Either a 10700 or Universal 09750/10600 LNB will cover all possible channels on these Satellites.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

agreed. most au* dishes i have pulled down have 10700's on them. seems to me that this is the cheapest source of lnbf's. sometimes oldies will pay you to get rid of their dishes!!!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Interesting supposition that Mildura will have FTA satelitte access once the Anolog switch off begins on Jan 1 in that area.
    Is this just another running rampant rumour or is there some basis of truth ??
    The lack of any details tends to it being a rumour but then, Govt's are very lothe to make a commitment before the changeover has even begun.

If this was to become a reality, there is no reason why the rest of Regional Australia cant have it too !!!

Roll on January 1 !!!

Thanks

Default Thanks for the advice

Thank you for your expert advice. Replacing the LNB with a 10700 one would be simple enough job to get it to pickup the other frequencies. A universal may be a bit more complicated to setup.

As to Jan 1 to switch off the analog, I bet anything that is not going to happen. These people are so disorganised they dont know what they are doing. In order to avoid public outrage, they are not going to switch anything off until every one is ready with the new equipment.. and no body can possibly get themselves ready unless we told what sort of service, standard, and decoders we will need... and they can tell you that because they have not negotiated the service with optus yet..

There are whole communities in this region that has no coverage other than their own community annalog relay transmitor. If the analog is switch off no one will have any TV.

If anyone has further information on this service do entertain us.

Thanks

in some areas the community centre will receive on satellite at the head and rebroadcast in analog
    it is possible that community analog rebroadcasts will continue longer than other analog signals
    Dm500, DM5620, DM600 x2, DM7000 x1, DM7020, DM7025, DM800, VU+DUO and a partridge in a pear tree
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

This may help enlighten those that don't know what this is about.

• The Following User Says Thank You to viewer For This Useful Post:

Fernbay (03-11-09)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

I don't know where Jan 1st originated, as Mildura is slated for the 'first half' of 2010.

I last heard sometime in March was being touted as the likely analogue shutoff for Mildura.

It's not a rumour, the satellite service was publicly announced by Sen. Conroy, however, there were no specific details of what the service would be.

It would appear there are still issues regarding the delivery method of the service.

If sufficient digital terrestrial coverage is not available, and the satellite service is not available by the time analogue transmissions are scheduled to cease in the Mildura area (by June 30 2010) then I expect the Govt will just extend the shutoff date..... yet again.