Thread: ASUS WL-500G wireless router

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Default ASUS WL-500G wireless router

Hi,

I am presently using an iConnectAccess 624 4 port router on tpg. I had a lot of trouble setting it up to tpg, having to use both a tpg assistant, as well as support from iConnect (the manufacturer Opennw.com)but eventually it was configured to work, and has done flawlessly for two or so years.

I have been given an ASUS WL-500G wireless router, and I want to either set this up alone so that I can use it to wirelessly connect to another laptop and a dlink home media lounge, or set it up in conjunction with the existing iConnectAccess 624 4 port router.

I am very reluctant to do anything that upsets the iConnectAccess 624 4 port router from connecting to the tpg network, as it was so hard to get it going originally, and I am not real tech savvy.

Can you please advise the steps I would have to do to add this wireless router to the existing adsl connection, or set up the ASUS to work on it's own?

Thanks very much.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Sorry I can't help with your issue, but my Dad is having trouble getting his iConnect 624W to stay connected to TPG. It seems to drop the connection every now and then, and only a reboot will get it to reconnect.

Can you recall any changes to the default settings that made it work better with TPG?