Thread: foxtel basic pakage subscribers to lose uk tv ,ausmark problem

Banned
    Thanks

Smile foxtel basic pakage subscribers to lose uk tv ,ausmark problem

hi everyone, i have it 100% confirmation that foxtel subscribers on the basic pakage will be losing uk tv .the reason why i know this is my cousin found out that they were doing it and i rang foxtel tonite they do confirm that uk tv is getting removed from the basic pakage!! .i also mentioned that the only channel you should be getting rid of is ausmark which i know alot of people that hate ausmark!!! i was told by telstra last thursday that ausmark was introducing more australian content in there channel ,i think these people think they can get away with ripping programs from hallmark or ausmark as some people i know call it. anyway they think they can put stuff from channel 7 like a country practice ,water rats ,all saints etc with out getting critised for it these people should have legal action against them from the relevant authorities saying enough is enough ,thanks hamguy2 nsw

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hamguy2 View Post
    hi everyone, i have it 100% confirmation that foxtel subscribers on the basic pakage will be losing uk tv .the reason why i know this is my cousin found out that they were doing it and i rang foxtel tonite they do confirm that uk tv is getting removed from the basic pakage!!
    I would guess, given that they are the provider, that they can do whatever the hell they like with any of the channels & packages.

i also mentioned that the only channel you should be getting rid of is ausmark which i know alot of people that hate ausmark!!! i was told by telstra last thursday that ausmark was introducing more australian content in there channel
    Maybe you might want to talk to your foxtel mates as they are the ones driving the horse & cart. Telstra are just a billing arm, on-selling the service provided by foxtel.

i think these people think they can get away with ripping programs from hallmark or ausmark as some people i know call it. anyway they think they can put stuff from channel 7 like a country practice ,water rats ,all saints etc with out getting critised for it these people should have legal action against them from the relevant authorities saying enough is enough ,thanks hamguy2 nsw
    Be sure to let us know when a court date for the matter has been set for mention. We'll all be watching the outcome with intrest

Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

...makes me feel like putting a Hallmark banner in my signature...

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (22-11-09)

Thanks

Here's the story.

Viewers on the old 'Digital Basic' package, which hasn't been sold for several years, will indeed lose UKTV in 6 months.

Viewers on the basic 'My' plan won't currently lose anything, unless they make changes to their plan.
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Makes me wonder just how identical the Foxtel and Austar 'packages' are now.
    Austar never had UKTV untill after the so called 'Digital' changeover and it was never included in the basic starter group.
    Nothing would surprise me less to see both Fox and Austar do a 'Billing Merge' either with an outside company or a jointly owned subsiduary 'company'.

I do feel for hamguy tho as I am sure Hallmark along with the others spend many hours deviously working to raise his dander.
    But he has to remember that all of the channels own their content and they decide what gets shown, NOT Austar, NOT Foxtell, NOT Optus, NOT Telstra.
    If a channel wants to run 24/7 test patterns, the broadcaster couldnt care less as long as everyone is getting their share of the money.
    The only time they might show any interest if there were more disconnections than new connections and those cancelling said it was because of poor programming.
    If we had the ability to really pick and choose what channels we wanted and only paid for them, that would really keep them on their toes.
    But dont hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

bambbbam (18-11-09),OzBlackKnight (19-11-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post
    Here's the story.

Viewers on the old 'Digital Basic' package, which hasn't been sold for several years, will indeed lose UKTV in 6 months.

Viewers on the basic 'My' plan won't currently lose anything, unless they make changes to their plan.
    Story now appears to have changed as I have lost both UKTV and +2 when the original letter says 6 months. Nice moneygrab Foxy, I have to spend $16 per month extra to get channels I originally paid for !!!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I am sure they (Foxtel) will tell you that you havent lost money at all because of all the extra new channels your actually in front so they should be charging you more even though what you have now isnt what you wanted to begin with.
    I sincerly hope this explains it to you but if it dont, pay the extra and stop whinging.

Love and best wishes, etc, etc, etc.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (22-11-09)

Thanks

hi everyone, i have it 100% confirmation that foxtel subscribers on the basic pakage will be losing uk tv .
    Am I missing something here, because my Foxtel basic package NEVER had UKTV, at least for the last 2 years.

Thanks

You never had it because it was only a part of the very outdated 'Digital Basic' package, not the 'my' basic package.
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Thanks

Roger that...

Thanks

spam