Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: GPS Launching Program

Thanks

OK...got the menu working but I can't get any of my programs to load. HELP...! PLEASE...!

Thanks

Open config.ini and edit, which program you want to load.

Thanks

I've got igo and ozi. I tried editing the config file but it couldn't find them. Perhaps I need to keep trying

Thanks

In the root GPS launcher folder, you have "backup of config" and "config" subfolder, open them, then edit on GPS.ini

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bebetaz View Post
    Hi guys, so much info in the thread, , it's very impressive.

I just purchased one of those chinese single Din 7" GPS DVD TV,.........
    I'm looking at installing a menu like the stargate one or something similar (haven't decided which one yet, I might just design my own...)

However, I am looking at something slightly different, I have been looking high and low on the net but so far google hasn't been a good friend.
    I am not even sure that it is possible but from what I understand the Samsung ARM cpu used by these units allows the use of SDIO cards, so it would lead me to believe that it would handle SDIO Wifi cards, see where I'm going ?

Yes, I would like to add wifi to the list of features, so when I'm in my driveway, I can download files from my home wireless network, or at Macs I can browse the net.

Has anyone heard of anything like this or even tried it?

cheers,
    bebetaz

No comments?

Cheers,
    bebetaz.

Thanks

Hi all

This is my first post in this forum but i have been following it since it's inception. Love the thread.

I have just purchased and installed a double din GPS stereo head unit running win ce6. I currently use Igo8 for street navigation and when i go off road use a licenced version of OziCE (have not installed it correctly as yet).

What i would ideally like is a screen added to system which, when the navigation icon is selected, initiates another screen giving the choice between Igo and Ozi. Naturally, selecting either one of these will execute the program.

I don't really wish to change anything other than added the new screen.

Is anyone able to help me? I have the icons but know nothing about operating systems or scripts and the like.

Thanks

@ the merchant

try searching for "gps menu pez" i do exactly what you are asking with my wce 6 with 800x 480 and it works perfectly.

cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nipple View Post
    @ the merchant

try searching for "gps menu pez" i do exactly what you are asking with my wce 6 with 800x 480 and it works perfectly.

cheers
    Does this change the whole menu or just the GPS launching screen??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laogia View Post
    In the root GPS launcher folder, you have "backup of config" and "config" subfolder, open them, then edit on GPS.ini
    OK...thanks guys it works.

Now I want to assign a couple of the spare icons with additional programs. The two I have tried are Visual GPS and BeeLine GPS. Both have .Cab file installs but for some reason I can't get them to install. Is there a version of this with some additional programs like these already configured? Particularily for 320x240 devices. Alternatively are there versions of thwese programs that are straight .exe files that can just be copied onto the SD card and linked to in the config file?

Not sure I'm making sense here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy7 View Post
    OK...thanks guys it works.

Now I want to assign a couple of the spare icons with additional programs. The two I have tried are Visual GPS and BeeLine GPS. Both have .Cab file installs but for some reason I can't get them to install. Is there a version of this with some additional programs like these already configured? Particularily for 320x240 devices. Alternatively are there versions of thwese programs that are straight .exe files that can just be copied onto the SD card and linked to in the config file?

Not sure I'm making sense here.
    ....Anyone...?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stevodevo View Post
    a bit of an old thread but the comments themselves aren't 'too' old. my first post so I wasn't sure whether to ask here or start a new thread.

I've seen this link: in several threads but apparently it is now dead?? I'm wondering if anyone else has a more current link or knows if it is being hosted somewhere else?

thanks
    Looks like that freewebs site is offline again.

Does anyone have a link to a good 480*272 launcher?

EDIT: I'm going to try GPSUnlock.

Has anyone tried MioPocket 4.0?
    I was going to give it a go, but this has put me off:

Warning: Most of these Chinese devices do not revert Windows back to an unmodified condition when you perform a hard reset. You can still install MioPocket on these devices, but be aware that doing so carries a slightly higher risk.

Warning: Some obscure GPS devices (especially no-name Chinese GPS devices) do not revert Windows back to an unmodified condition when you perform a hard reset. That means that you may not be able to undo any undesirable changes and you may permanently brick your unit. You've been warned, but, if you proceed, be extra careful about what changes you make. Most reputable brands, including all of the following, are safe.
    Last edited by Mickey Juice; 24-09-10 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks

CE based devices have a couple of options for booting applications at startup.

1. The Registry.

The first option is to use the registry to launch processes during the boot process of the device, the registry key for launching applications is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Init - the registry approach has a couple of drawbacks - the first issue is that there is a dependency chain within the boot process, processes are started and need to signal back to the o/s that the process has launched (using the SignalStarted API) so that other dependent processes can also start - here's how this looks in a snippet from a device registry.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init]
    "Launch20"="device.dll"
    "Depend20"=hex:0a,00

"Launch30"="gwes.dll"
    "Depend30"=hex:14,00

"Launch50"="explorer.exe"
    "Depend50"=hex:14,00, 1e,00

Take a look at the "Launch50" line, this launches "explorer.exe", the standard Windows CE shell that looks somewhat similar to the Windows desktop shell - The Explorer process has dependencies on hex:14 (20 decimal) and hex:1e (30 decimal), this maps directly to the Launch20 and Launch30 processes - explorer.exe will not be started until the processes associated with Launch20 and Launch30 are started and have signaled the o/s that that have started, an application started through the registry must call SignalStarted to allow any dependent applications to also launch - an application launched through the registry gets its launch number (50 in the case of the Explorer shell) passed as a command line parameter - this is of course passed as a string, not a number, the SignalStarted API needs to pass a DWORD value as its parameter, so a process would use SignalStarted similar to the following.

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
    HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
    LPTSTR lpCmdLine,
    int nCmdShow)
    {

// Do some work here...

SignalStarted(_wtol(lpCmdLine));

The second drawback is that processes launched through the HKLM\init registry key cannot be passed any additional command line options beyond the launch key value which is then passed to SignalStarted by the launched application.

2. Startup Folder

The second option is to drop your application (or a shortcut to an application) in the operating system Startup folder (this is only implemented in the Windows Explorer shell) - The code that walks the Startup folder looking for processes to start can be found here - C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\SHELL\OAK\HPC\EXPLORER\MAIN\exp lorer.cpp - take a look at the ProcessStartupFolder() function, it should be fairly easy to lift this code and implement your own startup folder code.

The advantage of using the Startup folder is that the applications don't need to know about the boot sequence of the o/s, don't need to be aware of the launch dependency chain, and could (if a shortcut is used) be passed command line options.

The downside of using the Startup folder is that all processes within the startup folder are launched at the same time - there isn't a dependency chain, or time delta betweeen processes launching - this could be an issue in some circumstances - let me give you an example - you may want to boot a CE device image and then connect to that device image from VS 2005 (so you can deploy/debug some managed or native applications), if you were to launch ConManClient2 and CmAccept from the startup folder you would have three minutes to configure VS 2005 with the correct IP address and then connect VS 2005 to the device - you might want to delay the launch of ConmanClient2 and CmAccept until the device has a valid and active IP address.

3. (did I say there were a couple of options?) SvcStart Services Sample.

John Spaith posted on the launch issue back in December 2004 - John wrote a sample called SVCSTART whose sole purpose in life is to start other applications with a delay period that can be configured through the registry - this sample was initially added to the CE product back at CE 4.1 and is still available today in CE 6.0 - C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\SERVERS\SDK\SAMPLES\SERVICES\SV CSTART - it could be a little fiddly to get this built/added to your o/s image if you are just getting started with CE 6.0 development.

4. Project Socrates - AutoLaunch

To assist students taking part in the ImagineCup 2007 competition (and also to make it easier for any developer to launch applications on their device with delay, command line options, and also waiting until the device has a valid IP address) Jim Wilson and I have developed a simple application called AutoLaunch - the AutoLaunch application comes in a handy Sub-Project form so can easily be added to an existing CE 6.0 workspace. The functionality is similar to the SvcStart sample written by John Spaith but does have a couple of minor differences - the first is that the AutoLaunch program is launched through the HKLM\Init registry keys (much like any typical startup process) - the registry keys for adding AutoLaunch to the startup sequence are included in the sub-project .reg file, so you don't need to worry about this.

The second difference is that the AutoLaunch process waits until the device has a valid IP address before launching any processes - the reason why this is useful is that we wanted students to use their reference boards without needing a second monitor, keyboard or mouse (in effect the device is booting headless even though the CE desktop or launch application is being displayed) - in this case we want to launch the CE Remote Display application (CERdisp.exe) on the device with the command line "-c" (connect) which then broadcasts the device IP address/name to a listening desktop CE Remote Display application.

The CE Remote Display application can be found in the CE 6.0 catalog by searching for "cerdisp", the SYSGEN for the component is (strangely enough) SYSGEN_CERDISP. The desktop CE Remote Display application can be found here - C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\BIN\I386\cerhost.exe [NOTE: The CE Remote Display application is not the same as RDP/Remote Desktop, although RDP is supported as a client side application on CE 6.0 (SYSGEN_RDP)].

In the sample below we're launching the CE device side Remote Display application (cerdisp) with the command line "-c" to start connected, with a timeout of 0x1388 (5000ms, 5 seconds), and also starting the CE command prompt (cmd.exe) with a delay of 0x1f40 (8000ms, 8 seconds) - it would of course be trivial to also add ConmanClient2 and CmAccept to the launch process list.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Startup]
    "Process1"="cerdisp -c"
    "Process1Delay"=dword:00001388
    "Process2"="cmd"
    "Process2Delay"=dword:00001f40

Here's how the desktop CERHost.exe application looks when the device boots and runs the "cerdisp -c" command - notice the name of the device and the device IP address are both displayed in the Remote Host application (the IP address being displayed here is very useful for plugging into the VS 2005 Device Properties dialog!).

And to round off the blog post here's the Remote Display application running on my Vista desktop showing the CE 6.0 desktop - note that I can now use my desktop mouse and keyboard to remotely control the CE 6.0 device!

Using AutoLaunch and the CE Remote Display for hands on labs/training that use reference boards instead of the Device Emulator may be quite useful!

Thanks

If anyone has any smarts with CE:

so I've got this Xtyler unlock on my GPS. I can load it fine within Explorer.exe and everything is happy and snappy - but if I try to load it as the shell ; it bombs out saying ERROR CANNOT CREATE FILE 80

The only thing of relevance is the init folder contains LAUNCH80/DEPEND80 strings....

it's got me stumped.
    the mainmenu.exe that came with the unit boots fine.
    igo8.exe boots fine
    drive.exe for sygic is fine
    route66 boots fine as well

I just don't get it!!! RARRGH!

read this:

and this

and this

so I understand the basics of the startup process in CE6.0 but yeah.. I don't know why it doesn't wanna start up?

the only thing of interest is that pretty much everything on the unit is marked as a system file, hidden, read only, (including the above mentioned mainmenu.exe which lives in \windows) ....

• 24-10-10, 01:09 AM

Reason
    Spamming in sig

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kukuk View Post
    hi 2happy try this...

this is 800x480 resolution
    it worked on my 6" 800x480 WinCE6 (PF08)!!!

thanks a lot!

Thanks

Can anybody help me out posting a working link for this launcher? I needed this baby

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by t2g View Post
    Can anybody help me out posting a working link for this launcher? I needed this baby
    XTyler's "Simple Unlock" is absolutly outdated, development was stopped years ago.

An actual adoption you find here:
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 30-01-14 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

There is still my simple menu...
    Created for 800x480 and Storage Card, but the ini files can be edited to match.
    Many icons already included, as well as some simple games (not all will work on all devices).
    Shows free storage, ram and remaining battery power.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Thanks

Thank You jwoegerbauer and Downunder35m both are very good, and now working!

Realy big thanks for Your help!
    G

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kukuk View Post
    hi 2happy try this...

this is 800x480 resolution

unrar to ur desktop then open the systeminformation32..and see if you like this , before you copy to your memory card change first the pathways to the exact name of your memory card..

to do this open Skin folder and open main.ini file and change all the pathways to the name off your card..

now you can copy this to your SD card and u can open the systeminformation.exe on your unit
    Hi all,

First time post here.

I recently bought a new car and had an after market 8" Opal unit put in.

I have been switching between GPS programmes as I try and figure out which I like best. I'm also about to add Ozi-explorer or similar for off-road use. At the moment I'm switching out the SD cards every time.

This thread seems to be exactly what I'm after, but all the links appear to be dead or I'm just struggling with downloading.

If I understand it correctly, I need to download a copy of the launcher (which will most likely comprise of an .exe, a .ini and sme BMP's or similar.) Then modify the .ini so the references to the .BMP's for icon are right, set the screen size, locations of the "target" programs, etc.

Can anyone please help me in getting a good launcher. My unit is 800x480 and I'm lead to believe it's WinCE6.

Thanks in Advance.

• Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456