Thread: Dreambox 500 with Netgear 3G Mobile Broadband Wireless Router

Thanks

Default Dreambox 500 with Netgear 3G Mobile Broadband Wireless Router

I have a dreambox 500 which is connected to C/S. I am using a Netgear (model number MBR624GU) 3g mobile broadband wireless router. My problem is that when i connect the ethernet cable from the dreambox. The lights on the router start flashing like a christmas tree. Which means it is downloading the file for the C/S, But it does not stop. Its always downloading the file, when it should only be downloading (flashing lights) every 10 sec and should only flash two or three times because its not a very big file. I am with Virgin broadband and i have used up 5GB of download in 18 days. I have the WAP key on the wireless connection and i have tested to see if someone is using my account. The router only goes crazy with lights flashing when the dreambox is connected. Is there someone out there who is using a 3gG wireless router like my that can help me with this problem.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I dont think its the router.........more then likley its the box.......or Cam.....I suppose you are using Ccam. Try reinstalling ccam if that dosnt work try flashing the box 10-1 it will work. I had a similar problem worked for me!

Regards
    Ricci

Thanks

have tried this with the 3 3g Router and Netcomm 3G (pcmcia/usb) router and no prob into DM500, DM 7000, DM800HD. (using 3 and Virgin sims) (cccams 2.12 & 2.13)
    No prob.

Thanks

its because you are resharing via Cccam. i run mgcamd and average about 25Mb a day, thats on a premium providor as well in the UK that changes keys approx every 10 seconds

try putting a hash symbol in front of any F: lines you have, this will stop it but means that anyone connecting through you will lose their viewing, there is also hops setting that can be played with, but i dont know Cccam well enough to advise you how to do this

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the feed back. I have try reinstalling the ccam, but with no luck. I have found someone who is very good on the dreamboxs, and he as told me it the network on the motherboard is playing up. So i will be changing the motherboard and reinstalling everything. And i think i might go back to ADSL connection now the phone has been connected.
    Thanks Again