Thread: RAI International moving.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default RAI International moving.

On January 15, RAI will commence at a new TP on Asiasat 5 3880MHz Hor SR 27500. On January 21, RAI will vacate the 4000 Hor SR28125 TP.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to B52 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (10-01-10),myf360f1 (31-01-10),tony54 (10-01-10),tristen (10-01-10)

3. Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Thanks

Obviously this means a rescan is in order to receive RAI from January. Why are they doing this ?

Thanks

Hi, I am a newbie here and don't know much about satellites, transponders and feeds at all. But while searching the net on the RAI Italia change I come across this site. I was just wondering if one of you guys could help me out.

Has the changeover for RAI Italia happened already?

I understand that ASIASAT 5 is in the same position as ASIASAT 2 was so does that mean that if I do a re-scan on my set top box I should be able to pick up the new RAI feed coming from ASIASAT 5 now?

I noticed that when I pull the info box up on RAI it says that it is still 4000Mhz instead of the new 3880Mhz.

Does the change only happen after the 15th Jan and if so, is it just simply a matter for me to just do a re-scan on my box and it should pick up the new feed off ASIASAT 5?
    Do I 'physically' have to do anything, like get a new box, move the dish??????

Thanks for your help in advance.

(edit: Actually after reading the first post correctly now I realise that the change ONLY takes place after the 15th Jan. So does that mean that the question in bold and italics in my post above is correct?)
    Last edited by NCC1701D; 10-01-10 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks

Excuse my newbie question but how can two different satellites occupy the same position without crashing into each other?

Youll Never Never Know If You Never Ever GO
    Thanks

Default Co-Location

Quote Originally Posted by dririder View Post
    Excuse my newbie question but how can two different satellites occupy the same position without crashing into each other?
    Its Called Co-Location. This link should help you understand More about Satellite Orbits.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dishnit View Post
    Its Called Co-Location. This link should help you understand More about Satellite Orbits.

Thanks for that, good reading

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    On January 15, RAI will commence at a new TP on Asiasat 5 3880MHz Hor SR 27500. On January 21, RAI will vacate the 4000 Hor SR28125 TP.
    Is this change only for RAI or also for the other channels that make up the EBB? (TVE, RTP etc)
    Last edited by dririder; 18-01-10 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

when the pics disappears, just do a rescan using the parameters from the first post.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

The Italian channel is now running on the new frequency 3880 but is different to the one running on 4000.. Any Ideas ?
    Last edited by B52; 15-01-10 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks

The Italian channel is now running on the new frequency 3880 but is different to the one running on 4000.. Any Ideas ?
    I can't check from my current location, but go over to this site () and compare the two RAI transmissions with the TV guides then post your findings for interest's sake. The new service may be a feed from a different region. Actually, while you're at it, why not compare it with the RAI on IS8 or Optus C1/D3.

OC

Thanks

Same broadcast when I rescanned the inlaws Humax tonight.
    Could it be 'Yes Italia' your viewing?

Thanks

Yep there are now two channels. 'RaiItalia' and 'Yes Italia'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NCC1701D View Post
    Yep there are now two channels. 'RaiItalia' and 'Yes Italia'
    Are they both staying? Does anyone here know?

OC

Thanks

edit...

FTA
    Italian Tourist channel,in English subtitles/English Language.
    Appears to be from the RAI network.
    Quite a mouthful name/label,but I'm assuming the channel name is just Yes Italia.
    (This is from one of the European forum)
    Last edited by MR-MIXER; 16-01-10 at 02:22 PM.
    If it is working ,do not touch it

Thanks

Yes Italia
    A showcase for Italy’s artistic, cultural and environmental heritage. Italy’s Regional governments and institutions now have at their disposal a new and effective means of communication, helping them to promote a country with a unique history and traditions, which inspires strong emotions and makes every visit a life-enhancing experience.
    This themed channel aims to:
    •promote and re-launch travel to Italy
    •support and promote “Made in Italy” on the international market
    24-Hour ProgrammingAll programmes are in Italian with English subtitles. The narrative power of images and an engaging style of presentation allows audiences to participate in an interactive way, supported by our easy-access web site.
    Tourists and Television ViewersOur target is an international audience of television viewers and travellers: foreigners who love Italy; Italians living abroad, particularly younger people; Italians living in Italy, above all young people interested in knowing more about the fascinating and often little-known treasures of their country.
    •Spotlights: a voyage around the towns, villages, castles, churches, squares, and monuments representing thousands of years of history. An evocative guide to the treasures of a country unique for geographical proximity of its coastal, mountainous and hilly landscapes.
    •Regions: the best travel destinations on offer in Italy’s various Regions, Provinces and Municipalities, promoting Italy’s fascinating local destinations, its efficient tourism services, its reliably high-quality accommodation and the well-known warm hospitality of the Italian people.
    •Art and Culture: we reveal the hidden secrets of Italy’s art treasures, which for centuries have enchanted writers and travellers from all over the world. Portraits of classic and contemporary forms of expression from exhibitions, museums and artists’ studios. A showcase for the artistic skill of old masters and emerging artists.
    •Itineraries: take a slow walk around Italy, discovering its history, local curiosities and monuments on a series of journeys designed to let travellers discover places of incomparable beauty. Our itineraries cover a range of interests from nature to well-being, sport to spirituality, remapping Italy in an original way from north to south.
    •Events and Entertainment: Italy’s music, theatre, festivals, folklore and fairs: the pick of the country’s artistic and cultural events: an amazing mosaic of sounds, shapes and colours.
    •Holidays: a look at different ways travelling, from camping holidays to luxurious stays in historic residences, from relaxing at spas to adventure sports, from golf clubs to horse riding, from places of mystery to deep-sea diving around the Italian coast.
    •Made in Italy: the excellence of Italian manufacturing and handicrafts. Design, fashion, cars: a sparkling representation of Italian style icons, portraying key figures and objects which symbolise the creativity of everyday life.
    •Cuisine: the unmistakable flavours of Italian regional cuisine. We cover the whole production chain from the countryside to the final presentation of wholesome and natural dishes and fine wines. Traditional Italian recipes in collaboration with Buonitalia.
    Editors of Yes Italia
    If it is working ,do not touch it

Thanks

I am no expert on Strong's but i have reprogrammed a few RAI. I tried the blind scan thing too but at the end i had to either edit tp or add tp can't remember but its one of the two.

If she is in the SE Melb area If you want i can do it for her.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to joezep For This Useful Post:

myf360f1 (03-02-10)

Thanks

Just type it over the existing one,including the S/R below it,and hit the scan button.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CONAXLE For This Useful Post:

myf360f1 (04-02-10)