Thread: dreambox with new lnb

Thanks

Default dreambox with new lnb

hey guys..

i've had a dreambox 500s with a foxtel card running for sometime. recently, the change to the satallites have stopped us getting some of the channels so i bought one of strong lnbs which i thought would help.

so i put it in, and took a while to work out what skew meant but managed to get a 97% signal by tweaking it. only problem is that i'm still having issues getting all the stations. i've done a search through these forums and found a bunch of info on these LO 10.7 lnbs so in my dreambox, i've put in:

lof/l, lof/h = 10700
    thresh = tried 10700 and 11700
    Sat /Position : Optus C1 Ku (156.0E)
    LNB: 0
    22khz: Hi/Lo
    Voltage: H/V

i deleted all stations and rescanned. it picked up a whole lot (over 400 if i remember correctly) and a lot of them worked except all the movie channels. if i put my card into my mates foxtel box i get the movies, but not in my dreambox. it appears in my channel list, it gets the guide data, it doesn't say no signal or scrambled - just a black screen.

I guess the question is, is there something else i need to do to configure the new LNB? Or should i try updating my dreambox's image?

I got the dreambox through a mate who got it from someone on here. I'm happy to update my dreambox but am unsure where to start. There seems to be a whole lot of images around. Can anyone recommend me an image and point me in the right direction?? I tried finding the current version of genisis that's currently running on my box but couldn't find it anywhere. It *looks* old

edit: i think i'll give the a go.. seems to get a bit of praise on here.

cheers.
    Last edited by ideas_man69; 14-01-10 at 10:53 PM.

Look Here ->