Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Satalite TV

Thanks

Default New to Satalite TV

Hi I've just started with Satalite TV

I purchased a house which already had a system set up but it does not look like it has been updated for a long time.

I have found out that It is pointing to asiasat5 my STB thinks it is asiasat2.
    My STB is a SDR-2300(FTA) (mar 31 2003) Ver 1.458
    I have a C-Band LNBF 3.6 - 4.2 GHz (California Amplifier Part No. 140129)
    My Dish is about 2.6 meters across without any automatic movements.

Looking up I am recieving "3660 V". My STB outside these channels reports to me "moving dish" then nothing is shown on the screen after that.

I do not have a Remote for my STB (will try a universal remote). The On screen menu asks for a password to change settings but I am currently unable to try any, is there any risk involved here?

Is this a good setup or should I look into upgrading parts?

Should I get a Dream DM-Box DM500S DVB-S as an upgrade for the STB I currently use? I found a cheap one online (might be a clone), would there be a problem with that?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Asiasat 2 was replaced with Asiasat5 recently and sits in the same slot. You can prob rename it in your receiver.
    Your box is prob ok as long as you can get the remote sorted. There also was a thread about default pins for receiver so do a search for those.
    Is there an actuator on your dish to move it? It's like a big arm and prob has the brand superjack.

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 18-01-10 at 07:50 AM.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink

G'Day Cobber,
    A search of the pin codes that I have has come up blank.
    Possibly identified as Nextwave-2300C.

My opinion is you would be wasting your money, especially with the remote missing, in trying to resurrect this box.

Your Best bet would be to establish what would best suit you, whether it be C Band or Ku band as well as no hassles installation of subscriber bundles.
    There is so much to choose from. We can guide you if we have some idea of your ethnic background or whether you just desire English programs.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b8two View Post
    Hi I've just started with Satalite TV

I purchased a house which already had a system set up but it does not look like it has been updated for a long time.

I have found out that It is pointing to asiasat5 my STB thinks it is asiasat2.
    My STB is a SDR-2300(FTA) (mar 31 2003) Ver 1.458
    I have a C-Band LNBF 3.6 - 4.2 GHz (California Amplifier Part No. 140129)
    My Dish is about 2.6 meters across without any automatic movements.

Looking up I am recieving "3660 V". My STB outside these channels reports to me "moving dish" then nothing is shown on the screen after that.

I do not have a Remote for my STB (will try a universal remote). The On screen menu asks for a password to change settings but I am currently unable to try any, is there any risk involved here?

Is this a good setup or should I look into upgrading parts?

Should I get a Dream DM-Box DM500S DVB-S as an upgrade for the STB I currently use? I found a cheap one online (might be a clone), would there be a problem with that?
    b8two, welcome to the art of "dishtracking".
    First of all, don't go buy a universal remote just yet, unless you need it for other purposes. A Nextwave SDR-2300 FTA STB sold for $30.00 on ebay about a month ago, so it may be in your interest to just buy another box with manual and remote. Strong boxes are usually quite easy to setup and operate.

As for the password many boxes, but not all, default to 0000. I know all of mine do and I haven't changed them.

As for the STB thinking it is on Asiasat 2 (which is now AS5, as stated, since AS2 died around last August), to the best of my knowledge no TV satellite sends out a "locking beacon" so your STB has no way of knowing which satellite it is pointing to. In simple terms, what that means is that the box will happily scan the transmissions from the satellite it is pointing to and whatever it finds it will list in the current menu, whatever that may be.

Finally, and assuming "no automatic parts means" you don't have an actuator, then your STB probably thinks it does. Maybe it did at some stage or maybe someone fiddled with the menu entries and inadvertently activated the "motor" settings. What you can do, if this is the case, is to label a new menu as Asiasat5, adjust the LNB entry to match your current LNB, turn all other settings off (except for LNB) and do a blindscan (if your box has that feature, otherwise you may have to do that manually).

Good Luck

OC

Thanks

I have a few (3-4) universal remotes that I have had over the years, so testing this step out is a no cost to me. (only time)
    As for my STB, I was thinking that if the remote is a lost cause, perhaps the serial port may be of use, tho I'd need to work out the port speed.

@Optima you are correct that I do not have an actuator by me saying no automatic moving parts. Sorry for not being clear and using the correct name.
    How much would an actuator for a 2.6m dish set me back and should I bother as the dish seams old, the current fixed mount looks rusty and I'm unsure how to install one. Secondly the Dish is on my roof, so there is additional risks involved.

Dream DM-Box DM500S DVB-S I can get is under $100 delivered, anyone with experience with it here? The network streaming stuff sounds tempting as I can currently do that sort of thing with my DVB-T x5 tuner setup. Otherwise I was thinking of DVB-S cards for my PC. Am I correct in assuming that I'd need one tuner per frequency to get all the channels on that frequency. As is the case with say the ABC DVB-T (ABC1 & ABC2 & ABC3) from a single tuner card at the same time. i.e. then could I use a 2nd Tuner at a different frequency to capture their stations?

The C-Band LNBF I have I guess works but I've read that you can get a C & Ku band LNBF, would there be much benefit to this?
    As a side note, there is also a separate Foxtel dish installed on my house also.

@beer4life, I guess I'd Prefer English Programs, I don't follow sports, so I was just wondering what was available besides "PressTV" that I can currently get. I have had a look at some station names on other satellites but besides the ones that say News and Christan TV I don't really know what is on them.

I understand that asiasat5 replaced asiasat2, but I do not know how long ago that occurred although I could have guess it was right after it's . My only thought is that with new asiasat5 there might be a larger range of programming then asiasat2 had on it.
    Last edited by b8two; 18-01-10 at 01:04 PM. Reason: more to add

Thanks

Talking Asiasat5 100.5E

Have a look here for the FTA channels on this bird.
    They have a red F on them.
    Also you'd need to check the Foot Print Maps to see if they are beaming into Australia.

They may be different to what is already programmed.
    Normally easily done but would be hard with a Universal Remote.
    They are not really compatible with Satellite Set Top Boxes due to the myriad functions required. Believe me, can be a very frustrating experience and not easy to remember what does which.

If you decide that The Ku band is better suited to your needs, it would be easier to concentrate on the smaller dish.
    If the large one is mesh or fibre glass covered mesh, they are very lossy at the the higher Frequencies of the Ku Band.

The Dream is not really an entry level Box.
    There are many, but it is better to stick with the popular brands such as Strong where there is excellent support.
    Many are available around the $100 or less.

May I suggest Select TV. It is a cheaper alternative to Foxtel or Austar.
    There is also Aurora or soon to come, the replacement, FreeTV for BlackSpot terrestrial TV.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid "

Thanks

Dream DM-Box DM500S DVB-S I can get is under $100 delivered, anyone with experience with it here? The network streaming stuff sounds tempting as I can currently do that sort of thing with my DVB-T x5 tuner setup. Otherwise I was thinking of DVB-S cards for my PC. Am I correct in assuming that I'd need one tuner per frequency to get all the channels on that frequency. As is the case with say the ABC DVB-T (ABC1 & ABC2 & ABC3) from a single tuner card at the same time. i.e. then could I use a 2nd Tuner at a different frequency to capture their stations?
    For a hundred dollars - I would thouroughly recommend this, as find the wiki's at the below address fantastic and easy to follow:

Keeping it simple would be recommended as the primary goal, which the DM500s does with ease, with the focus on acquiring a card for the PC as a more advanced project down the track. Currently use VLC on the computer to stream the content off the DM500s - infact now have a customised link on the desktop that enables this process with one click!

To answer your last part of the question simply, I like to think of the satellite box similar to an digital set-top box, in that you can view only one channel at a time. The added luxury with satellite is you have the ability to change satellites - get different content which cna be done with an actuator (expalined previous entries in this thread) or with different dishes through a switch. I will leave this up to a more experienced member to explain this further if you are interested in the latter option
    Last edited by porkchops; 18-01-10 at 02:51 PM.
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein

Thanks

@Optima you are correct that I do not have an actuator by me saying no automatic moving parts. Sorry for not being clear and using the correct name.
    How much would an actuator for a 2.6m dish set me back and should I bother as the dish seams old, the current fixed mount looks rusty and I'm unsure how to install one. Secondly the Dish is on my roof, so there is additional risks involved.

Actuators and dish positioners can be relatively cheap but if the dish is that old, don't bother upgrading it. You will probably find that the exercise will cost you more in time and frustration than it is worth. Instead, takes up Beer's suggestion of playing with the smaller dish. You can motorise that one and you can enjoy all of the Ku transmissions on at least 4 or 5 satellites, including SelecTV on Intelsat 8 and watching the topless Polynesian Babes on Intel 701 (which I still haven't seen yet, but that story is on another thread!), with less effort that it would take you to do the same with the large C band dish.

The C-Band LNBF I have I guess works but I've read that you can get a C & Ku band LNBF, would there be much benefit to this?
    As a side note, there is also a separate Foxtel dish installed on my house also.
    No point really since you have the other dish and AS5 doesn't beam any Ku services in our area. Since English is your choice of language, what you could do is move the mesh to Intelsat 8 or Intelsat 5 and help yourself to Australia Network and BBC World.

@beer4life, I guess I'd Prefer English Programs, I don't follow sports, so I was just wondering what was available besides "PressTV" that I can currently get. I have had a look at some station names on other satellites but besides the ones that say News and Christan TV I don't really know what is on them.
    You're not going to get free Pay TV if that is what you want, but Optus D1 has all of the ABC and SBS transmissions from each Au time zone, while Aurora on Optus C1 has the commercial FTA channels with conditional access to regional viewers.

I understand that asiasat5 replaced asiasat2, but I do not know how long ago that occurred although I could have guess it was right after it's . My only thought is that with new asiasat5 there might be a larger range of programming then asiasat2 had on it.
    Someone correct me, but I don't think the selection on AS5 changed all that much from the former, the obvious advantage being stronger signals. Some members are actually successfully receiving these signals on 90-100cm Ku dishes.

OC
    Last edited by Optima Collins; 18-01-10 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks

@beer4life What I was really asking about was if you had to choose a single satalite (C Band) which one would it be and why? If it was asiasat5, that is fine. I'm the kind of person that likes to tinker, so a more advanced tuner box I'd have under control in no time.

@porkchops The is confirmed to be a clone but like you said it would still be worth it. (ps The link if for US$). So if I had more then one Dream Box with the Dish in a fixed position, I'd be able to have one on 3660 V for example and the other tuned in to 3880 H or 3820 V sharing the one satalite dish? (As for a set top box or DVB-T, there are some that allow multiple channel viewing at once e.g. ABC 1 & ABC2, because they are on the same frequency and to show one is done by filtering out the rest)

@Optima it sounds good to play with the smaller dish (thats why I mentioned I had one there and not being used), not sure if I'd spend the money to put an actuator on it just yet. If you had to pick one (Ku Band) satalite, which would it be and why? I'm not interested in the PayTV content. I hate the Ads and self promotion, I don't think it worth paying for that. (I've always thought that the point of payTV is not to have comercials) that is just my opinion anyway.

I'm not grasping the point to tune in Australia Network as I can currently tune in all 5 DVB-T Stations in Adelaide (), which is 11 unique channels. I belive that Aistralia Network simply broadcast a range of shows that are on the DVB-T stations anyway. (Correct me if I am wrong)

(Intelsat5) Is BBC World much different to PressTV, (Both are news channels) picking Intelsat5 for that would leave it as the only option worth viewing. It's listed on Intelsat8 at 3940 H but not wether it is FTA or not.

(Intelsat8) Has a lot of content (It sounds like it would be worth pointing the Foxtel Dish to that. Tho I'd probably should have a seperate STB for it. (Or moving the cable over OR resort to buying a switch) Right now I thinking This Satalite and AsiaSat5 with the other freiquencies tuned in would give me a large range of channels to watch (and skip).

(Intelsat 701) seams mostly french, polyneisan, SBN (which ever language that is) and Thai, besides the Christan TV (probably English). Not sounding like there is much to watch.

(If the satalite is said to be C & Ku Band, is it transmitting on two sets of frequencies the same content? Then it would not matter which dish I used to view it)

Is there any Croatian content on a satalite, just curious for a friend of mine.

Thanks

(Intelsat8) Has a lot of content (It sounds like it would be worth pointing the Foxtel Dish to that. Tho I'd probably should have a seperate STB for it. (Or moving the cable over OR resort to buying a switch) Right now I thinking This Satalite and AsiaSat5 with the other freiquencies tuned in would give me a large range of channels to watch (and skip).
    You can use a diseqc switch. This will switch automatically when you change channels between sats.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    You can use a diseqc switch. This will switch automatically when you change channels between sats.

Leroy
    How much would that set me back? Also where can I get one in Adeladie? I was starting to lean towards getting that Dream box I've linked to. (I could still use the switch ether way.)

Thanks

You can get 2 way but you might want to get another dish!

and yes you could use the switch either way you go.

Leroy

Thanks

@porkchops The is confirmed to be a clone but like you said it would still be worth it. (ps The link if for US$). So if I had more then one Dream Box with the Dish in a fixed position, I'd be able to have one on 3660 V for example and the other tuned in to 3880 H or 3820 V sharing the one satalite dish? (As for a set top box or DVB-T, there are some that allow multiple channel viewing at once e.g. ABC 1 & ABC2, because they are on the same frequency and to show one is done by filtering out the rest)
    I am basing my experiences of the DM500s from a single Ku setup pointing at C1. Only had this box for 2+ months as sourced it from Fernbay (Austech member) and very happy with what it can do (compared to a Strong 4663X). If interested in acquiring something local, have a look in the Buy Sell & Trade section of this forum.

Answering the second part of the above, to start with, keep it simple and have fun as you can only watch one channel at a time, so get this working. There are options of say having mutiple LNBs on one dish, dual output LNBs and switches that will get a different result dependent on what will work nicely. Do you really, really need to do the above - as sometimes you need to consider a cost v benefit. Also find it more fun to learn with a hands on approach, and the highs (get it working) and lows (discover limitations along the way), rather than reasearch for the perfect application, only to find the world has moved on!

Also noted your reference to news channels, as should mention the journalistic quality of Al Jazeera which there is a stream on C1, as aint as sensationalised like the aus commercial cousins (7,9 & 10) like doing
    Last edited by porkchops; 20-01-10 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add more content
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein

Thanks

is showing on satbeams as a possible satalite to point to and I've noticed on the Some FTA that might be of interest, e.g. Cartoon Network UK, BBC prime, VH1. I know that the Map shows I can get it but it also shows I'm in the limit bars, should I bother in the future with this satalite?

Thanks

I don't know where you're located but you won't get that in OZ.

Leroy

Thanks

is showing on satbeams as a possible satalite to point to and I've noticed on the Some FTA that might be of interest, e.g. Cartoon Network UK, BBC prime, VH1. I know that the Map shows I can get it but it also shows I'm in the limit bars, should I bother in the future with this satalite?
    b8two, footprint alone is not enough! With an inclination angle of only 0.6 degrees in Adelaide SA, you can see that IS 904 is literally sitting on the horizon, essentially meaning that anything over a few meters in height between you and the next state along the line of site to the satellite will probably interfere with your reception and that's not taking into account atmospheric distortions.

If you had to pick one (Ku Band) satalite, which would it be and why? I'm not interested in the PayTV content. I hate the Ads and self promotion, I don't think it worth paying for that. (I've always thought that the point of payTV is not to have comercials) that is just my opinion anyway.
    That's like asking how long is a piece of string. It all comes down to what interests you and in what language. If you like religious content then go for Optus D2. If you like the ABC and SBS, then you can get your fill on Optus D1 with about six time-shifted copies of each. C1/D3 is almost all pay tv so these won't meet your criteria and that largely leaves Intelsat 8 as the best single source of Ku (with the justification that most of the other sats have most of their good stuff on C band). However, having said that, I have SelecTV which is on IS8 and I kind of like the idea of installing a dual band mesh for Australia Network and BBC.

I'm not grasping the point to tune in Australia Network as I can currently tune in all 5 DVB-T Stations in Adelaide (at once), which is 11 unique channels. I belive that Aistralia Network simply broadcast a range of shows that are on the DVB-T stations anyway. (Correct me if I am wrong)
    Extra choice. While Australia Network is essentially ABC International, it does house a rather odd mixture of ABC material and what may be considered more commercial Australiana like Home and Away, Missing Person's Unit, McLeod's Daughter's etc. - should that tickle your fancy.

(Intelsat5) Is BBC World much different to PressTV, (Both are news channels) picking Intelsat5 for that would leave it as the only option worth viewing. It's listed on Intelsat8 at 3940 H but not wether it is FTA or not.
    BBC should be free on both platforms. I haven't tried. Maybe someone else can confirm. As for Press TV being like the BBC, well that's kind of like saying that Russia Today is like the Voice of America. Although in English, Press TV is Iranian, so expect the news to be seen from a different perspective, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Using a switch and a multiple LNB holder on the Fox installation you may be able to get 3 close sats on the one dish, eg. Optus D1, D2 and IS8. It largely depends on the size of the dish.

(Intelsat 701) seams mostly french, polyneisan, SBN (which ever language that is) and Thai, besides the Christan TV (probably English). Not sounding like there is much to watch.
    I mentioned the Polynesian babes on IS701 as a private joke. If you read Mr James thread in the FTA section you will know why. I can't see 701 from my current location without moving the dish.

(If the satalite is said to be C & Ku Band, is it transmitting on two sets of frequencies the same content? Then it would not matter which dish I used to view it)

No, different content and probably different providers although some do duplicate their feeds on both bands. C band and Ku band are as independent as AM and FM. Switching to AM on the radio won't provide you with a copy of the FM stations and vice versa.

Is there any Croatian content on a satalite, just curious for a friend of mine.
    Check this out:

Cheers

OC
    Last edited by Optima Collins; 20-01-10 at 11:48 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Optima Collins For This Useful Post:

b8two (21-01-10)

Thanks

@Optima, Thankyou for your reply.

What I was trying to get an Idea of was, if I do move my C band Dish or the Foxtel Ku Band Dish, what would be recommended that I move to. I will check the size of the foxtel dish, it looks small when compared to the 2.6m C band dish.

I'm not interested in Optus D1 mainly because the SBS & ABC content is not much different to Adelaide Streams. Since I can Timeshift all Adelaide Stations, Australia Network only would be worth watching if it was new content that was not on a station in Adelaide.

but I know how long a piece of string is, twice the distance from the center to one end.

I spent an hour yesturday looking through satbeams.com with a Filter on there Channels for FTA, english language & TV. From that I looked at each satalite between 60 degrees and 180 degrees. From that I calculated there was a bit over 120 or so TV stations but I'd also need to reduce the number by the stations that were being transmitted on more then one satalite. (That is where my IntelSat 904 question came from) I now see that english language option has removed a lot of channels.

Telstar 10 seams to have FTA HBO Asia content, which sounds like a good C-Band option.

I read Mr James thread and it's kind sad...

Thanks for the link to the croatian content, but I was not wanting to pay for it. I guess I should have asked for FTA content.

I've failed to get any of my 3 Universal remotes working on that STB. I tried Sat, Aux & Cable as options of codes. I guess it would be unlikely to find a remote that will work with it, so I Think I'll order that Dream Box in a couple of days. Unless someone has a cheaper suggestion?

Thanks

@Optima, Thankyou for your reply.
    You're very welcome.

What I was trying to get an Idea of was, if I do move my C band Dish or the Foxtel Ku Band Dish, what would be recommended that I move to. I will check the size of the foxtel dish, it looks small when compared to the 2.6m C band dish.
    I realise that, but I can't give you an answer. Most people point their dishes either to a Pay TV provider or towards a satellite that carries that one or two preferred channels. Everything else is incidental.

I'm not interested in Optus D1 mainly because the SBS & ABC content is not much different to Adelaide Streams. Since I can Timeshift all Adelaide Stations, Australia Network only would be worth watching if it was new content that was not on a station in Adelaide.
    Yes, you can post-shift, but you can't ante-shift. If you were in Perth, for example, you could see your SBS and ABC three hours earlier than the local transmissions, which means that the late movie is now in prime time. Again, it all depends on what you want. I gave my kids their own D1 dish so that they can have their fill of ABC 2 and 3.

but I know how long a piece of string is, twice the distance from the center to one end.
    Ah, but your radius is equally indeterminate and you forget that by bending your string I must now consider its width, also indeterminate, in order to ascertain the true centre from which to measure.

I spent an hour yesturday looking through satbeams.com with a Filter on there Channels for FTA, english language & TV. From that I looked at each satalite between 60 degrees and 180 degrees. From that I calculated there was a bit over 120 or so TV stations but I'd also need to reduce the number by the stations that were being transmitted on more then one satalite. (That is where my IntelSat 904 question came from) I now see that english language option has removed a lot of channels.
    I recently posted a list of about 60 English language channels, but you will have to look them up on Lyngsat because I didn't list their respective sats.

Telstar 10 seams to have FTA HBO Asia content, which sounds like a good C-Band option.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but, to the best of my knowledge HBO Asia is Digicypher 2 encrypted on Apstar 2R (Telstar 10). Someone correct me, if I'm wrong.

I read Mr James thread and it's kind sad...
    Yeah, middle aged men groping at Polynesian women is sad, isn't it? Shame on you guys!

Thanks for the link to the croatian content, but I was not wanting to pay for it. I guess I should have asked for FTA content.
    Sydney Community TV on Optus D2, which is FTA, often transmits Serbian, Macedonian and Bosnian content. Don't know about Croatian.

Also, I just found out that, like Australia Network, HRT is also transmitting McLeod's Daughters (McLeodove kćeri):

You just can't escape good Aussie viewing!

I've failed to get any of my 3 Universal remotes working on that STB. I tried Sat, Aux & Cable as options of codes. I guess it would be unlikely to find a remote that will work with it, so I Think I'll order that Dream Box in a couple of days. Unless someone has a cheaper suggestion?

Cheaper option is to buy a second hand model of the same STB. As I mentioned one sold on ebay for about $30. I did this when our HD remote fell. Rather than buying a universal for it, I bought the SD model of the same brand for a few dollars at a garage sale because it had the same remote as our original. The extra box is now a spare and the remote is used interchangeably if needed.

OC
    Last edited by Optima Collins; 23-01-10 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks

Long time, but I'm back again....

I ended up ordering the Dreambox as mentioned earlier (DM500s Clone). I figured out how to change the firmware and have tested out a few.
    Currently on Gemini image.
    Unfortunately each firmware has a different pre-set of satellites. The problem I'm having now is that If I set the satellite position correctly, I can not scan any channels. When I pick a random European satellite like "hotbird x/x etc" I get a lock and then I can see some content. like: Italia something & European news.

I assume I need to enter details of my LBN? I found a place to do that, but I'm unsure of what to change, for LBN there are these option:
    LOF/L: (09750) default
    LOF/H: (10600) default
    Threshold: 11700 default
    and an option to increase voltage <long cable run I guess? how long is considered long as I may have that?>
    plus:
    Toneburst (none) <not sure what this is for>
    DiSEqC (none) <this should be right

For the Sat/Position:
    AsiaSat 5 (100.5E)
    22Khz (Hi/Lo) or on / off
    Voltage (H/V) or 14V / 18V / off

The details of asiasat 5 should be correct and up to date as I updated the file with a XML download from: (I picked the asia region) No luck with this as stated above. (tested with foxtel dish with correct satellites also)

I'm not sure what each option relates to, tho I have not found a dreambox user manual that would detail it ether. (asking instead of finding)

Can anyone help (even in part) here?

I'm thinking my dish configuration is translating different frequencies to the dreambox. I do not know of any blind scan for a dreambox ether.

Thanks

Wink

G'Day Cobber,
    pretty hard to advise someone that is as clued up as you profess to be, but, try this for starters:-

I assume I need to enter details of my LBN? I found a place to do that, but I'm unsure of what to change, for LBN there are these option:
    LOF/L: (09750) default
    LOF/H: (10600) default
    Threshold: 11700 default
    and an option to increase voltage <long cable run I guess? how long is considered long as I may have that?>
    plus:
    Toneburst (none) <not sure what this is for>
    DiSEqC (none) <this should be right
    The LNB details are for a universal LNB. What is yours?
    You need 13/18 V at the LNB, so you would increase the voltage if less.
    Tone Burst is for DiSEqC switches.
    And 22KHz off if not using Universal LNB.
    There is no Blind Scan for a DB. Manual, TP, NIT, BAT and FTA.
    Seems you must have gone to sleep since your last post.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Last edited by beer4life; 24-06-10 at 08:25 PM.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast