Thread: How hard can it be.

Thanks

Default How hard can it be.

In a weak moment I rang the provider today and asked for 2nd decoder. "No I don't want a Mystar" .... "No I don't want a Mystar"..... For the third flaming time "NO" "I dont want a Mystar" Finally he got the message and said he would book an installer for a couple of weeks time. "No just send it D.I.Y. the house is already wired for two from the original installation." .... "No I don't need an installer the house is already pre wired by your people when the original install was done." ... "NO I don't need an installer to check that we are getting full signal" .... "No I don't want to wait a couple of weeks just send it D.I.Y and I can have it up and running in a few days."
    OUTCOME: He sent an email to "D.I.Y department" to see if they will allow me to D.I.Y. a second box and they would contact me this morning. Year right.
    Second call early this afternoon. This time I got an english speaking lady who said "sure no problem you can D.I.Y the second box I will send email to D.I.Y department and have them expedite a response from the first operator's email and they should ring you this afternoon." Yeah right.
    Still waiting.
    By tomorrow I will have lost interest in getting the second decoder because by then they won't be able to get it here before I go away for a few days ... oh well it's their loss I guess

Footnote; While the operators can send emails to the mythical D.I.Y. department apparantly it doesn't exist if you want to be put through to it when you call.
    Last edited by MrRadio; 18-01-10 at 10:21 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Lol @ D.I.Y. department.
    Sounds like there pissing in your pocket.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Odd how when the did the swap over from the Pace to the Titan's etc WE had to do the install ourselves.
    They rang me about changing the LNB when they did that change to the so called Interective/Box Office access etc as I have 3 STB's and I told them then not to bother as I wasnt interested but they rang before D3 went up and I had to let them do the change as I knew I would loose channels if I didnt.
    Its a bit like the crappy offer I got for 'Being a long time Loyal Customer' of a 10% reduction in the bill IF I signed up for a $49 a month Mobile phone that wont even work here.
    I had to spend $38 to save $12 on something I didnt want or could use.
    Very BIG DEAL, Austar !!!

Thanks

I don't expect to hear back from a "D.I.Y. department operator" .. what I do expect is for an installer to call me in a week or so to confirm an appoiontment at which time he will be informed explicitly where he can install the box.

@Gordon, yeah they are very generous I can have the second for 12.95 instead of 19.95 a month and 1 month free because I have been with them for 5 years, unlike new starters who can have the second free for a year.
    Last edited by MrRadio; 18-01-10 at 10:45 PM. Reason: more

Thanks

Third call today and yet another email to the mythical D.I.Y team. Now it seems that they require two working days to respond to the emails.
    Then two more working days to organise a decoder and post it.
    How hard can it be? Too f@#$*&n hard
    That timeline doesn't fit my agenda so they have been told to shove it.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Unhappy

I Emailed Austar some few weeks ago now about their decision to dump the Ovation Channel and I have been 'Holding My Breathe' waiting for a reply.

As you can clearly see I am getting somewhat 'Blue' about the gills from waiting..............

Thanks

Well there is at least 1 lady there (D.I.Y Team) who is helpful and understanding ... she rang me today to follow up the story ... after explanation that I would interstate at the expected delivery time she agreed to send the box to the interstate address. Fits my agenda perfectly. It will stay there with MrsRadio for a month before both come home to QLD. In the end it couldn't have worked out better. Thank you D.I.Y Team, even if you are mythical.

• The Following User Says Thank You to MrRadio For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (20-01-10)

Thanks

Have to give credit where credit is due, Here I am at Shellharbour and the box was here waiting for me as promised by lady mentioned in previous post ..... avtivation was no problem except for a small tech hitch at their end, (an I wasn't dotted or a T wasn't crossed or something), fixed in short order. Now MrsRadio will be happy for the next month. Good one D.I.Y Lady.

Thanks

Talking

Hi,

No different to Sky here in NZ.

Useless They assume we are all stupid and even proffesional satellite gear installers like me are treated with disdain. I think it's because they loose out on a 'dish install' fee and only get the $30 box install!!!

HAhahahahaha Stuff 'em I say!!!
    Last edited by nzoliver; 04-02-10 at 06:57 AM.