Thread: Set up Dreambox. Arrange Channels and Disqec

Thanks

Default Set up Dreambox. Arrange Channels and Disqec

So up till now, i've had a Strong Satellite receiver. Pretty straightforward in editing channel line ups and setting up DiseqC etc.

The Dreambox DM500 though, is not as intuitive, which is why i've made this thread.

Essentially, I have one 3m C-band Dish, with one lnb, and a satellite positioner capable of Diseqc 1.2

There are a number of Satellites I use, probably 5 in total.

The settings are very complicated in the dreambox, how exactly do I go about setting it up, so that my positioner will turn my satellite by itself, according to what channel I select?

Furthermore, once I have scanned all my channels, how do I go about deleting the channels I don't want? I've done some googling, and it seems to put them into bouqets, and delete from ther. I've tried that, but it's still in the main list?

I'm usually quite good at these things, but i'm totally confused here.

Regards

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deeps View Post
    So up till now, i've had a Strong Satellite receiver. Pretty straightforward in editing channel line ups and setting up DiseqC etc.

The Dreambox DM500 though, is not as intuitive, which is why i've made this thread.

Essentially, I have one 3m C-band Dish, with one lnb, and a satellite positioner capable of Diseqc 1.2

There are a number of Satellites I use, probably 5 in total.

The settings are very complicated in the dreambox, how exactly do I go about setting it up, so that my positioner will turn my satellite by itself, according to what channel I select?

Furthermore, once I have scanned all my channels, how do I go about deleting the channels I don't want? I've done some googling, and it seems to put them into bouqets, and delete from ther. I've tried that, but it's still in the main list?

I'm usually quite good at these things, but i'm totally confused here.

Regards
    1:

2:

3:
    Last edited by fandtm666; 22-01-10 at 06:23 PM.
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks

already been searching

all the diseqc setups seem to hvae multiple LNb's and all sorts of other complex things..

my setup, consists of one LNB, and one dish, one receiver etc.

Thanks

1: if you only have one lnb why do you have a diseqc installed ????

2: then all you need do is input the frequencies you need and scan away

there is even this site to add in you xml files for all the sats

Thanks

My dish is motorized.

I am picking up for example, Insat 2E and Intelsat 10, as well as other satellites.

On my strong receiver, I am able to change channels from one satellite to the other, and the receiver sends a signal to my positioner, which then turns my dish automatically.

Thanks

I've managed to set up Diseqc finally - now i just need to sort the channels.. Been told dreambox manager is a program that will let me do this, so will give that a go now

Thanks

dreamedit will work fine to change channel settings and deleting what u don't want. I don't have the link cause I'm using my phone but I'm sure someone will be nice to share a link or u can do a google search for it

Thanks

I must say, dreamboxes have one of the worst channel organizing/management systems i've ever seen. I've used a number of boxes before, and it was blatantly obvious how to do simple things, like delete a channel.

I'm not a huge fan of this boutique thing, though it seems you are almost forced to use it here

Ah well, every good thing has a weak point. Everything else is ace

Thanks

actually it is quiet god if you use a program called DREAMSET then with that create a favorites bouquet then load it up select the one you just made pick a channel watch it for a minute or so then reboot.

The unit will now always start on that bouquet and the channels are as you want them in any order not governed by the transponder or provider bouquet lay out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deeps View Post
    I must say, dreamboxes have one of the worst channel organizing/management systems i've ever seen. I've used a number of boxes before, and it was blatantly obvious how to do simple things, like delete a channel.

I'm not a huge fan of this boutique thing, though it seems you are almost forced to use it here

Ah well, every good thing has a weak point. Everything else is ace
    Hi Deeps
    When I first started playing with my dreambox I felt the same way about bouquets, I didnt find it intuitive at all, now Im a big fan.

I use a program called DreamBox edit by Llamaware (not saying it better than any other just happens to be the one I got used to using). In my favourites bouquet I have headings setup for for all the categories of services eg Documentary, Movie, News, Sports ETC and I have all my fox channels organised accordingly. One thing I like about it (other program may do this as well) Eg up until yesterday I hadnt done a rescan on my DM500 for a while so I did a rescan. It found heaps of new services and added them automatically to the Last Scanned Bouquet. I then open Dreambox edit and FTP the services, bouquets etc to my PC.

On dreambox edit the left window shows all the services on the box and the right window shows my Favourites. Then in the left window I can right click and select "MArk services not in user bouqquet as new". This highlights all the services on the left side that are not in my favourites allowing me to easily see all the new services that have been found. I then drag and drop the new services to their approriate category in my favourites, eg Movies etc.

Then ftp the new arangment back to to box reload and reoobt.

I am no expert with the dream but this is one way that I have to sort services that I find very quick and easy.

Hope this helps
    Cheers SB
    The sea was angry that day my friends!