Thread: RAI International new frequency...please help

Thanks

Default RAI International new frequency...please help

Hi all,

I am a bit of a noob to searching for channels so please be gentle lol. Anyways a few days ago RAI on Asiasat 5 changed their frequency. I found the new details for it today on this forum, but when trying to search for it, get no luck finding the channels. Hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong...

The set top box is a Dreamsat X600, and what I am doing is going into menu, service search, 'Asiasat2C' @ 100.5E (i assume the name doesn't matter here), transponders, edit, and adding a new entry with Freq. 3800, polarization H, SR 27500, FEC Auto as explained here...

When I save this however, and do a 'scan'...it comes back a few seconds later with 'No new channels found' or somesuch message like that. ATM all I can pick up are a bunch of arabic and a few chinese language channels...I have tried 'Initialise STB' a few times which wipes the channel data but it hasn't helped...

Can someone please tell me if I am missing some really important step here? I didn't install it and otherwise know nothing about the setup so if I can't work it out here I suppose I will just call someone to come out and have a look at it.

Thanks in advance,
    Julian

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Try this 3880 H 27500 3/4 instead of auto.

Thanks

Thanks Steve...unfortunately I still can't pick up the new channels I'm finding I can't pick a lot of the channels that should be there...I'm picking up channels on 3820V, 3660V, 4148 V but can't find much of anything else....doing a blind scan doesn't find it either.

Does this suggest maybe something's wrong with the box?

Thanks

Default RAI problems with reception

Also having issues trying to fix reception.

When I try and rescan on the receiver I do a channel search by Satellite. But the list of Satellites that the box gives doesn't include Asiasat 5. It lists Asiasat 2, 3 and 4 but not 5.

Do I need to get it to refresh the satellite list? How do you this?

Santino

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Santino View Post
    Also having issues trying to fix reception.

When I try and rescan on the receiver I do a channel search by Satellite. But the list of Satellites that the box gives doesn't include Asiasat 5. It lists Asiasat 2, 3 and 4 but not 5.

Do I need to get it to refresh the satellite list? How do you this?

Santino
    Santino,
    Asiasat2 is Asiasat5 now. AS2 was replaced with AS5 last August because the former's orbit is decaying. Since AS5 occupies the same location as AS2 you don't need to move the dish at all. Just use the existing AS2 menu to do a rescan or if you really feel like you need to just create a new entry and call it Asiasat 5. Its that simple!

I just did a scan on the above frequency of 3880(H) SR 27500 about an hour ago for some friends and now they have both Yes Italia and Rai Int.

OC

• The Following User Says Thank You to Optima Collins For This Useful Post:

Santino (28-01-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer24 View Post
    Thanks Steve...unfortunately I still can't pick up the new channels I'm finding I can't pick a lot of the channels that should be there...I'm picking up channels on 3820V, 3660V, 4148 V but can't find much of anything else....doing a blind scan doesn't find it either.

Does this suggest maybe something's wrong with the box?
    I don't know what box you have, but you should be able to "ADD TP" somewhere which means add a transponder. When you find that menu input the following (as stated):

Frequency 3880 MHz (3.880GHz)
    FEC 3/4 (if required)
    Symbol Rate (SR) 27500
    Polarity Horizontal (H)

On some boxes you may have activate a drop-down list box in order to change the entry. I know I had to do this in order to change a V to a H. I don't know why the right arrow on the remote didn't do it, but it didn't.

If that works for you do the same for some of the missing channels using the figures on or you could try another blindscan, assuming your box has that feature.

If it doesn't work, then your dish may have moved (storm?) or was improperly installed to begin with. This is a last restort and I doubt it is the problem, but keep it in mind after you have exhausted all other possibilities.

OC
    Last edited by Optima Collins; 25-01-10 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Optima Collins View Post
    Santino,
    Asiasat2 is Asiasat5 now. AS2 was replaced with AS5 last August because the former's orbit is decaying. Since AS5 occupies the same location as AS2 you don't need to move the dish at all. Just use the existing AS2 menu to do a rescan or if you really feel like you need to just create a new entry and call it Asiasat 5. Its that simple!

I just did a scan on the above frequency of 3880(H) SR 27500 about an hour ago for some friends and now they have both Yes Italia and Rai Int.

OC
    Thanks muchly OC. Worked a treat. Left it as AS2.