Thread: On Demand Data channel

Thanks

Default On Demand Data channel

Hi

Has anyone ever successfully utilized the On Demand Data channel that is available on the optus C1/D3 sattelite?

I have just replaced my LNB so i can get all the channels and found that it is now available.

the way i understand it, all it does is just downloads Video for the on demand content directly to the box and stores it on the hard disk.

so therefore sounds like something the DM600 or any PVR dream should be able to do given the correct plug-ins.

Regards

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    Hi
    Has anyone ever successfully utilized the On Demand Data channel that is available on the optus C1/D3 sattelite?
    I have just replaced my LNB so i can get all the channels and found that it is now available.
    I don't know why you've only discovered that they are now available as all 3 versions are on C1 with 2 duplicates on D3.
    They are just regular channels with a ~60 sec black screen pause between the end of one program and the start of another to allow the data stream to clearly indicate when to start and stop recording the program.
    Any sat decoder can view them. They aren't in some unique format.

Thanks

I have only just repllaced my LNB to the universal one so up til now i have only had 50% of the channels.

when i tuned in to it all that happend was a black screen so i may have just viewed it when it was in a 60Sec pause.

Do you need an IQ card to decode them or can a Standard card decode?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by davmel View Post
    I don't know why you've only discovered that they are now available as all 3 versions are on C1 with 2 duplicates on D3.
    They are just regular channels with a ~60 sec black screen pause between the end of one program and the start of another to allow the data stream to clearly indicate when to start and stop recording the program.
    Any sat decoder can view them. They aren't in some unique format.

Thanks

I have only just repllaced my LNB to the universal one so up til now i have only had 50% of the channels.
    What was your previous LNB? Where you not able to pick up the horizontal transponders of C1 before? I find that hard to believe.

when i tuned in to it all that happend was a black screen so i may have just viewed it when it was in a 60Sec pause.
    Do you need an IQ card to decode them or can a Standard card decode?
    Given that it's a Wednesday the on demand streams for the next few days will be showing a loop of all the new weekly box office movies so unless you have entitlements for them your card won't provide access (although you will see the first 6minutes of the program). Later on the weekend through to Tuesday is when programming from other channels is streamed and assuming you have entitlements for those channels you'll be able to view it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davmel View Post
    What was your previous LNB? Where you not able to pick up the horizontal transponders of C1 before? I find that hard to believe.
    The LNB that was on the roof was an Acer LNB that only had a frequency of between 11.7Ghz up and for some reason was not picking up any transponders lower that 12.8Ghz. I Private messaged who i purchased the box from and they have said that it was likely the LNB and i should replace it with a universal one with a frequency starting from 10.7. once i did this and re aligned the dish i started getting all the channels. where as before i was missing a lot of channels E.G Discovery Science, Sci fi (had scifi +2 and fox8 +2), fox 8 and many more.
    I don't know if it is exactly 50% of viewable channels but it was finding about 130 total channels before where as now it is closer to 300.

Regards

Thanks

Which on Demand Data channel are you referring to?

Thanks

I only have one called "On Demand Data"

Thanks

The LNB that was on the roof was an Acer LNB that only had a frequency of between 11.7Ghz up and for some reason was not picking up any transponders lower that 12.8Ghz. I don't know if it is exactly 50% of viewable channels but it was finding about 130 total channels before where as now it is closer to 300.
    An LNB with a LO of 11.7 GHz?? Something isn't right there.
    Plus there are no transponders higher than 12.75 GHz as that is the upper limit of the sat downlink.
    Are you sure you didn't have a 11.3 GHz LO LNB? If you did then you would have been able to receive all the channels on C1 including all the On Demand feed channels.