Thread: Looking for an australian power supply for dreambox HD 800

Thanks

Question Looking for an australian power supply for dreambox HD 800

Today I received the HD dream box 800, but alas it came with a oversea (possibly american power supply), could i buy an australian version of the power supply from dick smith, harvey norman or any other electrical store in Darwin or must I buy the power supply from ebay or internet or something like that?

Excuse me if i am asking stupid questions but I want to make sure I buy from the correct shop and asking for advice.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi if you check the label it will probably say something like 110v to 220v ac 50 - 60 cycles per second in to 12 v dc out 3A, if it does then its an international transformer all you need is an Australia three pin Power cord with figure 8 that goes into the power supply, you can get that from Dick Smith type stores.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy View Post
    Hi if you check the label it will probably say something like 110v to 220v ac 50 - 60 cycles per second in to 12 v dc out 3A, if it does then its an international transformer all you need is an Australia three pin Power cord with figure 8 that goes into the power supply, you can get that from Dick Smith type stores.
    Thanks for advice. I managed to find a power adapter that fits in the australian switch. That was from my printer. At first I had trouble finding it, but i found it in the end and the dreambox works on my TV now. I will check at dick smith tomorrow for similar adaptor, thanks anyway.

I am very new to it and finding my way around it. So I would need to ask questions to make sure i am on the right track.

Thanks

when all else fails read the instructions or just plug and pray lol if in doubt pays to ask first I am glad to hear its working for you, I am running the latest PLI image I get the occasional lockup and it requires removing the power for 10 seconds, they are very slow to bootup compared to other Dreamboxes, but have some great features HD looks very good on my Sammy, also I play HD MKV files at 720p Bluray rips. One down side no DTS audio I miss that Ac3 sound ok though