Thread: How do I upload Jade3 to Dreambox 800 via FTP?

Thanks

Question How do I upload Jade3 to Dreambox 800 via FTP?

Now that i have a dreambox 800, i am trying to flash jade 3 image to dreambox 800, tried the down and power switch option but failed to get ip number and couldn't upload file via web.

I'm trying to upload it via FTP through DDC-E2, do i need to upload the *.nfi or *.img to the tmp directory? Am i correct or am i wrong? what steps do i need to upload jade 3 for E2 to dreambox 800 via FTP? Or is it not recommended?

I've ordered a NULL cable and am still waiting for it. Is it far better to wait til i get the cable and then i could try to upload the file to dreambox 800 via dreamup?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by willwalk; 09-02-10 at 12:38 AM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

DreamUp works well. Get it from dream multimedia website.
    Have you got a router? If yes, then plug you dm into the router, ftp your router, go to attached devices and you shall find your dm IP address.
    I usually do the flashing using both null modem cable and ethernet.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

1. Make sure you do not try to flash with a later bootloader that what you have (unless you use a hacked image).
    You can see what bootloader is on the sim card by reading the display as it starts

2. To flash. Make sure your network has DHCP on
    Plug in network cable. Hold power button, plug in the juice from the supply.
    Read the IP address it gets given on the DM800's display screen

3. Type that IP address into a browser and upload the firmware from there
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danone View Post
    DreamUp works well. Get it from dream multimedia website.
    Have you got a router? If yes, then plug you dm into the router, ftp your router, go to attached devices and you shall find your dm IP address.
    I usually do the flashing using both null modem cable and ethernet.
    Yes I have a router (3g router - where a 3g (vodafone prepaid mobile broadband) modem sits) and 2 lan ports, one lan cable goes to pc and another goes to dreambox), dhcp is enabled on both dreambox and router, and pc.

A null cable has just arrived. Is dreamup 1.3.3.4 the latest version and will dreambox 800 work with 1.3.3.4 or do i need a newer version? I think the most safest way would to be to flash via null cable, (insurance against potiental problems)

The pli-Jade-dm500-20090627-6494.img file comes with the jade 3 package designed for Enigma 2 together with the pli-enigma2-jade3-dm800-20091005-6705.nfi file. Is it safe to flash the dreambox 800 with the pli-Jade-dm500-20090627-6494.img via dreamup via NULL cable or should i flash the pli-enigma2-jade3-dm800-20091005-6705.nfi file to dreambox in dreamup via null cable?

Thanks in advance

Thanks

defitely dont use the dm500.img file - different hardware different everything - it wont accept it anyway

use the dm800.nfi file
    Dm500, DM5620, DM600 x2, DM7000 x1, DM7020, DM7025, DM800, VU+DUO and a partridge in a pear tree
    All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing

Thanks

is it a clone or original ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Bandit View Post
    is it a clone or original ?
    It's a original version of dreambox 800. It has a serial number at the bottom of the box.

Thanks

I tried the null cable with dreamup option. USB to serial and null cable worked fine, it was on COM 9, connected to box fine, powered the box, then flashed the jade 3 with *.nfi extension fine, flashed it to memory. when it was finished, i turned dreamup and dreambox off as was mentioned in

When i turned on the dreambox it won't boot, what wrong have i done, and what should i do? I am running dreamup 1.3.3.4 in windows 7 home premium 64 bit edition in bootcamp on mac

Thanks

I suddenly remembered something. The Enigma2 in the Dreambox 800 was dated on the July 2009. Meaning it is possible that it includes bootloader 7.3? Am i correct?

The latest stable version of jade 3 for enigma2 i downloaded was on october 5 2009 which includes the bootloader 7.5?

I'm sorry I am very new to this, i never flashed a image before.

But I am downloading the Jade 3 for enigma 2 dated on july 2009, with bootloader 7.3, should i give that a go? Should the jade 3 version match the bootloader?

I'm confused and I am very new to this. Please help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willwalk View Post
    I suddenly remembered something. The Enigma2 in the Dreambox 800 was dated on the July 2009. Meaning it is possible that it includes bootloader 7.3? Am i correct?

The latest stable version of jade 3 for enigma2 i downloaded was on october 5 2009 which includes the bootloader 7.5?

I'm sorry I am very new to this, i never flashed a image before.

But I am downloading the Jade 3 for enigma 2 dated on july 2009, with bootloader 7.3, should i give that a go? Should the jade 3 version match the bootloader?

I'm confused and I am very new to this. Please help.
    To add to it the enigma 2 had gemini on it before jade 3 was applied. Should i flash gemini 4.6 to see what happens?

Thanks

Update on progress. Up til now I have always thought my dreambox 800 HD was a original. Now it is not! I discovered that i had rs232 under the serial port at the back of box, and that made it a clone. I at last downloaded jade 2 with bootloader 72 and i flashed it with dreamup, all is going great now. I feel very relieved.

I just hang in there right to the end, never gave up when the going got tough.

as a novice i was bound to make mistakes and I accidently wiped out bootloader, i just hang in there, did the hard yards, and took advice from experts.

The box had a serial number but it doesn't mean anything.

I'm very pleased to announce i got home in the end, i certainly learned things the very hard way and the dreambox 800 was very very hard to start with, in fact one of the hardest I have ever come across. I never gave up, and i got there in the end.

Thanks

Dam clones look just as good as the real thing HEHE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adobe View Post
    Dam clones look just as good as the real thing HEHE
    Yeah, and it has black cover all over. At least I got it working again which is a big plus for me.