Thread: FTA Optus Aurora C1 and D1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Question FTA Optus Aurora C1 and D1

Newbie is an understatement so bear with me. Two dishes one set top box "openbox X-810". Got C1 okay and then put up the second dish installed a DsQ thingy no signal at all [ Both dishes receiving when solo D1 &C1 ] split the feeds with a manual toggle switch for both and then got both satellites. Since then when on C1 I think the signal strength is dropping and I have done some thing that has caused this when entering the Menu. Also feeds I could get are no " No signal ". Please advise what settings are applicable for a two dish set up.

2. Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Firstly I havent a clue how an 'Openbox' works but on a Humax, you open the Menu to set all the satelitte names and frequencies and searches as well as setting the DsQ thingy.
    Now DsQ thingys I think are 'labeled' A-B-C-D, in the Menu to set up say C1 and turn ON and Enable the DsQ thingy and set as 'A', you then repeat the whole thing and set 'B' for D1 or D3 whatever.
    Its entirely your choice what setting you want for each dish.
    DsQ thingys come with 2 or 4 connections from memory not 3 so just ignore D and cover it so water doesnt enter.
    Now what should happen is when you change channels, the STB sends the appropriate signal to the DsQ thingy for it to select the correct Feed, BUT dont be surprised if its a bit slow switching.
    As you said you have both dishes set up and receiving, now you have to Enable the DsQ settings in the Menu.
    I cant remember now but I thought 'A' is the default setting and would 'Pass thru' any signal even when not enabled in the Menu.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

(I attempted to locate an User's Manual for the Openbox X-810, in order to instruct you more precisely, but unfortunately, the only one I could find is written in the Czechoslavakian language, which is not much use to me).

You will need to set each satellite to have a different DiSEqC setting to accomplish switching successfully.

In most receivers, this is done via the "Dish Setup" or "LNB" menus (or similar).

Set DiSEqC Switch setting to 1.0 or 1.1 for Optus C1 and set Committed (or similar), to 1 (the actual term for what I have referred to as "Committed" depends on the particular brand and model of satellite receiver. (e.g. the term, Committed, is used by the manufacturer, Strong, for some of their receivers)).

Set DiSEqC Switch setting to 1.0 or 1.1 for Optus D1 and (in this case) set Committed (or similar) to 2.

This will result in the receiver selecting port 1 of the DiSEqC switch for Optus C1 and port 2 for Optus D1.

Don't forget to Save the settings each time.

Of course, it also goes without saying, that you need to ensure that the two LNB cables are connected to the appropriate ports on the DiSEqC Switch (as indicated above).

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

Yep, I would say get rid of the manual switch,

& configure the DiSEqC switch,

there are usually, a 4 input DiSEqC, or 2 input DiSEqC,

(with one output,The one in the middle on the bottom)

You then go to Dish Settings for Satellite Optus C1/D3 (where you configure the LNB settings etc...)

There should be a Setting for DiSEqC Switch, select 1.0

then in committed, select 1 if you connected the C1/D3 input cable to input 1 on the DiSEqC switch, Then save

then go to Dish Settings for Satellite Optus D1, & again select DiSEqC switch, & select 1.0,

& in committed select 2, if you connected the D1 input cable to input 2 on the DiSEqC switch, Then Save

I do not have an Openbox 810, but the settings may say something similar to the above,

Good Luck
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

kitkrys (14-03-10)

Thanks

Thank you all for the advice I will now have to purchase a new DiSEQc switch as in order to make my "lash-up" I cannibalised the one I had. Just in passing I assume i will have to connect each dish feed separately at first in order to set the LNB for each satellite. again thank you all for the assistance much appreciated.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kitkrys View Post
    I assume i will have to connect each dish feed separately at first in order to set the LNB for each satellite.
    You just need to enter the DiSEQc details in the decoder's setup menu.
    eg: LNB 1 on input 1 and LNB 2 on input 2.

You don't need the DiSEQc switch or the LNB's connected to the box at the time, just to program the DiSEQc settings.

Thanks

Thank you to every one now on line with both dishes and with the switch initiated. I am most grateful for your help.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kitkrys View Post
    Thank you to every one now on line with both dishes and with the switch initiated. I am most grateful for your help.
    Thanks for the update.... pleased to hear it's all working the way it should.

Happy viewing.