Thread: adding a remote keyfob

Thanks

Default adding a remote keyfob

I am new here and this is probably a pretty basic question.

I currently have an alarm system at home that was installed a few years ago and is monitored. It has a Networx 4 zone panel and 8 zone keypad (for some reason - probably what they had a lot of at the time). It also has the option of a wireless remote panic/alert button for my elderly mother so it obviously has the wireless board installed.

My question is can I just buy a NX-304 wireless remote unit and install it myself or does it require codes to be entered as well to get the system to recognise it? I am very familiar with electronics and computer systems but not really fiddled with alarm systems.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legless View Post
    I am new here and this is probably a pretty basic question.

I currently have an alarm system at home that was installed a few years ago and is monitored. It has a Networx 4 zone panel and 8 zone keypad (for some reason - probably what they had a lot of at the time). It also has the option of a wireless remote panic/alert button for my elderly mother so it obviously has the wireless board installed.

My question is can I just buy a NX-304 wireless remote unit and install it myself or does it require codes to be entered as well to get the system to recognise it? I am very familiar with electronics and computer systems but not really fiddled with alarm systems.
    You will need the installer code, this will allow you to get into the programing to install the Keyfob. Having the manual handy would be good too.

Thanks

Check what reciever it has at the moment, does it have the ITI reciever, are there 2 white antennas sticking out the top of the box?
    if so u can get ITI remote controls.

Firstly. how many zones on the system, hardwired & wireless (incl) the current emergency fob are there?
    If the system is at capactiy, you will need the 304 kit. very easy to install.