Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Service Manual for Electrolux Front Loader Washing Machine

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Thanks for the service error code manual Omega99, my problem is that I need to remove the drum to replace bearings, would you also have a service manual that tells me how to do that on an EWF1087?

LSemmens
    Thanks

[quote=fly2743;454491]
    Quote Originally Posted by treebeard View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have an EWF1090. I'm trying to locate the knocking when the washing machine is on the spin cycle, I would like an expolded view of the machine and possible solution to the noise.

thanke for reading
    stafford
    My experience with years of owning front loaders is that the load is most likely out of balance. All that means is perhaps you have a towel that is just a little bit "heavier" in with a pile of light stuff. Does the bowl wobble violently when spin starts? try re- adjusting the load. Worst case it is the bearing, which should be evident throughout the entire cycle, not just spin.

Thanks

G'day everyone. I am having an issue with our EWF1470. The fabric softener empties into the machine way too early. Is there a service manual or something which I can use to narrow the problem down? Cheers.

Thanks

Thank you.

Thanks

Default Service Manual EWF 1087

Hi,
    I am desperately trying to source a service manual for an Electrolux EWF 1087.
    We've had this unit for a number of years, and its never missed a beat, until recently, it now makes a horrible noise when in operation - it's at it's loudest on spin - like the bearings have failed. Sure enough when the service tech arrived, he gave to bowl a turn by hand and confirmed my diagnosis. he told me that the machine needs to go to a workshop and be operated on for 5 hours and will cost approx $450 to repair + the $95 service call charge (he was in my laundry for no more than 60 secs).
    I am a mechanic by trade and am more than confident of repairing the machine myself for the price of a couple of bearings and a couple of hours of my time, the only prob is that if I dismantle it and get stuck, I cant afford the time for it to be off the road as the cheese and kisses will kill me if she doesn't have a working machine.
    Understandably, I know it's not the sort of thing that manufacturers are going to give away easily, but.....does anyone know where I can get hold of a manual for this beast?
    Any info would be accepted gratefully.

LSemmens
    Thanks

@pattiepoo: You could try soaking the rubber in bleach to kill the mould. As fro the tear, I'd try this: Ensure that everything is drier than a baby's bum, kinda like the Sahara on a hot day, then fill the tear with silastic or other rubber sealant. I'd probably glue a tyre patch or the like over it too. Re-install the seal with the repair at the top and pray that it works.

@fly2743: Are you sure that the load is not unbalanced often these machines knock if you only have a small load or only one or two heavy(ish) items in it.

[edit: WHOOPS!! MY Silly! the answer is correct, just my timing, answer to an old question. SORRY]
    Last edited by lsemmens; 07-04-12 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks

"he $95 service call charge (he was in my laundry for no more than 60 secs"

mcquade
    OK your a mechanic, lets say I call you up ask you to drop everything at your workshop, load all your tools & parts into a vehicle, don't forget to put in some of the trusty service manuals, travel 20mins to my place. then look at my car & tell me that I need a new timing chain or something similar. I say ok thanks I'll change that myself - let me guess your going to say hang on a minute I wasted 20 mins loading up my vehicle & another 20 driving here, then another 20 driving back - your going to say thats ok I waste an hour of my time everyday doing this right????

oh by the way I have a parts manual for this model!
    woteva

Thanks

hope this helps

Last edited by omega99; 12-05-12 at 08:48 PM. Reason: forgot link
    woteva

Thanks

Hi all,

Is the manual for the EWF1090 still available? The previous links are no longer valid and I would like to get a copy if possible. I have a unit that is giving E52 and just want to make sure I have the right wiring diagrams before I go pulling apart. The 1080 manual says it is the speed tacho signal, but not sure if that is valid.

Many thanks for any help.

Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone have a link to a EWF1090 service manual? The link above is to megaupload which has closed down. A google search just keeps taking me to spam sites or the user manual.

Thanks

Thanks

Default Megaupload no godd anymore

Quote Originally Posted by omega99 View Post
    hope this helps

Hi all i see a reference to a service manual on Megaupload but unfortunately the site has been closed down - does anyone have a service manual for an EWF 1090 or 1092 ?

Thanks

Using the following test procedure I have managed to get a fault code of E52.

This page, , says it is a fault with the loom, control boards or motor. What doesn't make sense is the thing works (mostly).

The problem I am experiencing is that it seems to get stuck/stall at certain parts of the cycle. As far as I can tell it is happening in the transition from wash to rinse. And at the end of the cycle it is not releasing to door lock. Turn the knob to off and on again and away it goes.

This machine is about 4.5 years old and has worked reasonably hard, average at least a load a day (we are a family of 2Ad+4Ch)

Are there any suggestions of where I should look first?

I had a bit of a look over last night and found a 50c peice in the drain hose and blew to carbon out of the motor.

While I am asking questions, do the pistons that support the drum need maintennance?

Thanks

Hi,
    I've got a EW1280F and I suspect that I have a faulty inlet solenoid valve. Does anyone have a service manual with the appropriate test values?

Thanks

Default EWF1083 Pump Hoses

Does anyone have a service manual for an EWF1083? I need to clear some debris from the pump/filter hoses and don't want to unscrew the wrong part by mistake.

Thanks.

Thanks

Does anyone know the procedure to recall error codes on an EWF1470 front loader? A service manual would be nice, but I can't even find one for sale! Cheers.

Thanks

Can anyone advise what error code E62 and or provide a service manual for EWF1087?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Electrolux error codes .

You might find your service manual or one for a similar model at
    Last edited by tristen; 28-08-14 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glenos View Post
    Using the following test procedure I have managed to get a fault code of E52.

Are there any suggestions of where I should look first?
    Closing the loop on this problem, it was a faulty tacho, Electrolux Aust will only sell whole motors for a couple of hundred. I managed to find a tacho for about $25. This kept the machine going for another year or so.

Since the fault above the cross member which supports the drum failed, the springs wore through it, another $20 fix. And finally a few months ago the door interlock failed and blew the PCB, this is a $200 part, given the age and problems it was time to part ways.

I now have a Siemens washer.

• The Following User Says Thank You to glenos For This Useful Post:

tristen (06-11-14)

Thanks

Default ELECTROLUX ewf1090 service manual

Hello all, Does anyone have the EWF1090 service manual? Or similar. My machine fills and then just sits there motionless. The links no longer work.
    Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KIERAN View Post
    Hello all, Does anyone have the EWF1090 service manual? Or similar. My machine fills and then just sits there motionless. The links no longer work.
    Thank you
    I think I still have pdf's, I'll have a look at home tonight.

• Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast