Thread: Dishwasher Dishlex Global 300 - Wash fails

Thanks

Default Dishwasher Dishlex Global 300 - Wash fails

Hi All

Sad to see that all the valuable info on keeping my 7 year old dishwasher alive was lost. Heres what I need a hand with, the water doesnt seem to be filling from the top through the sprayer arm, this is confirmed as the 'wash' segment doesnt spin the upper spray arm etc so somethings amiss either in the wash pump or the signals to the wash pump - i will be checking for clogged inline water filters, what else should i check?

Regards Limbo.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I would be checking the controller board. its common for them to go.

A few years ago on our old dishwasher, it stopped heating the water. I pulled out the controller board and found a blown track. SO I just bridged it with wire and it was as good as new.

If there's a blown track, you'll see it.

Thanks

limbo what water level do you get, there are three lines on the side of the spout leading up to the bottom spray arm

Thanks

My Global 300 has recently started playing up. My wife claimed there was a burning smell coming out of it one day, and it hasn't worked since.

Here is what is happening

• Start of pre-wash - starts to fill with water (but seems slower than usual - althought this might be my imagination)
    • After filling stops, then no noise (and no washing) then soft buzzing (and no washing) after a while.
    • End of pre-wash / start of wash - pumps out water fine
    • Wash - starts to fill with water (but seems slower than usual - althought this might be my imagination)
    • Releases detergent lid, then no noise (and no washing) then soft buzzing (and no washing) after a while.
    • Buzzing stops, element starts fine and is boiling the water fine (and no washing).
    • Buzzing returns for about a minute.

At this point I gave up watching / listening to it.

Now, some things I am confident it isn't:

• Not a problem with the sump microswitch (or whatever that thing under the dishwasher that trips if water leaks into the plastic tray). The tray is bone dry.
    • The pump for emptying the dishwasher appears to be working fine.
    • The element is working fine. To confirm this I unscrewed the control board and stuck some blu tack under the switch that the dishwasher uses to detect whether the door is closed or not. This allowed me to watch what was happening with the door open, and the element was definitely working. I also (for completeness sake) closed the door and ran all my tests a second time to check results were the same.
    • I don't think its a problem with the control board since lights are working, all the buttons work etc.
    • I don't think the issue is with the level of water in the washing machine - I followed Page 21 of to ensure that there was sufficient water there.

My hypothesis is that the Global 300 has two pumps - one for washing and one for emptying (I am not sure though - I can't find a service manual). The emptying one is definitely working - but the other isn't.

So:

a) Does the Global 300 have two pumps like I think? If so, how hard will it be to fix it? (To give some context - I am not much of a handyman but I have replaced the element in the past).
    b) Any other suggestions to try?

Thanks

Default Not Washing

Hi Everyone,

I have a Dishlex Global 300 and it is about 7 years old. It has been working well until one day it decided it didn't want to wash anymore. I was hoping someone could assist with fault finding/resolution. Symptons are:
    1) Washer fills and goes through pre-rinse cycle etc, and then stop at the wash cycle.
    2) Water level is correct. (machine has not been moved etc prior to the fault)
    3) Eco light is flashing.
    4) The machine will start and complete the Rinse cycle only.

any ideas on what could be wrong?

any suggestion etc would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers,
    ESP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mjwills View Post
    My Global 300 has recently started playing up. My wife claimed there was a burning smell coming out of it one day, and it hasn't worked since.

• Start of pre-wash - starts to fill with water (but seems slower than usual - althought this might be my imagination)
    • After filling stops, then no noise (and no washing) then soft buzzing (and no washing) after a while.
    • Wash - starts to fill with water (but seems slower than usual - althought this might be my imagination)
    • Releases detergent lid, then no noise (and no washing) then soft buzzing (and no washing) after a while.
    • Buzzing stops, element starts fine and is boiling the water fine (and no washing).

• Not a problem with the sump microswitch (or whatever that thing under the dishwasher that trips if water leaks into the plastic tray). The tray is bone dry.
    • The element is working fine. To confirm this I unscrewed the control board and stuck some blu tack under the switch that the dishwasher uses to detect whether the door is closed or not. This allowed me to watch what was happening with the door open, and the element was definitely working. I also (for completeness sake) closed the door and ran all my tests a second time to check results were the same.
    • I don't think its a problem with the control board since lights are working, all the buttons work etc.
    • I don't think the issue is with the level of water in the washing machine - I followed Page 21 of to ensure that there was sufficient water there.

My hypothesis is that the Global 300 has two pumps - one for washing and one for emptying (I am not sure though - I can't find a service manual). The emptying one is definitely working - but the other isn't.

So:

a) Does the Global 300 have two pumps like I think? If so, how hard will it be to fix it? (To give some context - I am not much of a handyman but I have replaced the element in the past).

Yes they have two pumps. Wash and drain. I would say the wash pump is faulty, and they are not worth replacing. From memory over $300 trade price.

Thanks

Default Global 300

Quote Originally Posted by mjwills View Post

So:

Hi there...I seem to be having the same problem ie the burning smell and the water only trickling in...what did you end up doing to fix yours???

Thanks

My Global 300 has recently stopped working. There was a burning smell coming out of it, and it hasn't worked since.

Start of pre-wash - starts to fill with water
    After filling stops, then no noise (and no washing) then soft buzzing (and no washing) after a while.
    End of pre-wash / start of wash - pumps out water fine
    Wash - starts to fill with water
    Releases detergent lid, then no noise (and no washing) then soft buzzing (and no washing) after a while.
    Buzzing stops, element starts fine and is boiling the water fine (and no washing).
    Buzzing returns for about a minute.

Any ideas of what the problem might be?