Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: cross checking rego to owner

Thanks

i got ripped off 3500 as well from this scumbag does anyone know if they have caught him yet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brenton View Post
    i got ripped off 3500 as well from this scumbag does anyone know if they have caught him yet.
    when did this happen , I do have a little info , not sure if they have gotten him yet , but apparently they know his true identity and are on the case .
    , so might get him in 25 years unless they think decide getting some 16 year old kid with a smelly piece of tinfoil in his pocket would make better headlines for the major drug bust

• The Following User Says Thank You to ozchips For This Useful Post:

Roosterboy (19-07-10)

Thanks

This scumbag's sure making some money off some of us suckers. I hope your right Ozchips about maybe knowing who this scammer is. I havent checked this thread for about a month, thinking 'Mr Barlow" had gone into hiding. Now poor old Brenton joins me on his rap sheet. I really hope they catch this lowlife.

Thanks

Thumbs down Nearly got scammed.

I experienced the same scammer as a few of you have aswell.... David Barlow, RAAF pilot. He has been in contact with me the past few days about a car on carsales.com, and even sent me pictures of himself in his uniform!!!! Please be aware that this guy is supposedly a repeat offender. I have contacted the Federal Police and hopefully they will stop this man.
    This is one of the emails he sent to me.

Hi again,
    I have the car here with me at the military base in Northern Territory but I can have it delivered to you for free, I have the title in hand and I'm ready to make a deal as soon as possible. The delivery will not take more than 3 days and the car will be dropped at your home address if you want. You can test drive it as much as you want. The car is great and it will be a safe deal for both of us.
    I'm attaching a scan of my ID so you know I'm serious about this deal.

Very scary.

Thanks

sounds like another example of (not the same guy)

Code:
    http://www.rippedoffbyrob.com/
    which upon checking seems he has had enough.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 974 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RAAFmyAss View Post

I'm attaching a scan of my ID so you know I'm serious about this deal.

Very scary.
    No Defence Force personnel would scan their ID and send it to anyone.

It would create more trouble than the whole thing would be worth.
    Some people need to get their finger out of their arse so that the brain can get some oxygen"

Thanks

guys. im so thankful to u and this forum, i was about to get ripped off with more than 5500, thanks a lot, same name, same scammer, same info, ID, photo, same shit all. i tried to search for the escrow company before i register with it but couldnt find it on google at all, then an idea came to my mind that i right the guy's name and luckily one of the links was urs when i wrote david barlow. i was like resighting what im reading on this blog cause all what he has said to me is same thing here. i was in contact with him till today

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooozooo For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (28-08-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Geez, sounds like this guy has been making a good living out of ripping off people and he is still at it.

What i find even more amazing is that he has not been stopped, what the hell has the law been doing about this criminal, nothing?

I cannot comprehend that this guy is still at it.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xnavyman View Post
    No Defence Force personnel would scan their ID and send it to anyone.

It would create more trouble than the whole thing would be worth.
    Really? I get scanned military ID cards across my desk every day, as well as scanned master cards and corresponding scanned CCV numbers. Had one from an admiral last week.

When supplying ID is required, you would be stunned what people put in the mail. Its no wonder identity theft is rife.

Cheers
    enf
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Had one from an admiral last week.
    Pass this one along to me, I always wanted to be in charge of the fleet.
    I also have a few ships I'm trying to sell.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 974 Posts

No one I know would send their ID card through the mail or electronically.

It would seem that there are still a lot of people out there that have not listened to any of the rants on identity theft.

As you say enf, no wonder identity theft is rife!!!!
    Some people need to get their finger out of their arse so that the brain can get some oxygen"

Thanks

i hope everyone get the same chance to find this forum before deciding to pay. although it wasnt that hard t find out the truth cause even when u search about the car trader that they ask u to register with, u find nothing about it all over google

Thanks

Hi everyone, this bastard is still out and about. I found him on carsales.com just 2 days ago with the same story many of you have discussed. He had been transferred to Western Australia, in the RAAF, couldn't view the car, but could ship it free of charge and sent photo's of his photo ID to prove he was a 'genuine seller'. Thank goodness for this site. I thought something was weird, so I 'Googled' his name and this was the first thread I found. I was so suprised he was actually a scammer! I was so lucky to not go through with his requests! I reported him to the Australian Government though scam watch I think it was, and they have had many notifications of similar occurances, however they apparently can't trace individual scammers! So do these people just get away with it?! I don't know where to take this from here, I'm sure the defence force would like to know someone is pretending to be someone they're not. Surely this would be a national security risk?? Anyway, I just hope word gets around about this scumbag, and no-one else gets ripped off........

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Makes you wonder what the freak our feds are doing.
    Oh of course, they're busy thwarting all those terrorist attempts and ATM robberies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Really? I get scanned military ID cards across my desk every day, as well as scanned master cards and corresponding scanned CCV numbers. Had one from an admiral last week.

When supplying ID is required, you would be stunned what people put in the mail. Its no wonder identity theft is rife.

Cheers
    enf
    This aspect has very serious security implications beyond the theft topic we discuss Enf. You'd do well to pass your concerns, and suggested remedies through the appropriate channels. (Defence/COMPOL).
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Thanks

Its unbelievable that this guys still going. He scammed me about 5 months ago, and now when i was looking through carsales.com he's trying to resell the exact same car i was suppose to get. Or should i say the photos. He dont own none of the cars he's trying to sell. He's either very stupid, or the car i tried buying must of sounded like too good of a deal, and he thought he would try his luck again trying to sell it again. Exact same photos and details, just a different name. Its since been removed by the feds after i tipped them off. At least i might of stopped some other poor sucker losing a few grand!!! Sorry too Ozchips, but as far as i've been informed, noone knows the true identity of this fellow, and they cant seem too track them down.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,648 Posts

Im surprised no one has tracked him down and given him a facial reconstruction considering the money involved.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla For This Useful Post:

Don Benosee (30-10-10)

Thanks

Ha ha. Good one! I'd love to be the man to do it. He's just a gutless wonder hiding behind a computer. He'd never man up anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Keepleft View Post
    You'd do well to pass your concerns, and suggested remedies through the appropriate channels. (Defence/COMPOL).
    And the AFP too?

Thanks

Sorry about dragging up an older thread, but I had to sign up and reply when my Google search found this thread.

I sent an inquiry to a seller on CarSales about a ute. This ute.

I asked if it had been flood damaged and what the fuel mileage per tank was (2 different inquiries) as the price is very cheap. The following is the response I got to both replies!.

G`day,

sorry for the late reply, I am Flight Sergeant Daviv Barlob serving the Royal Austalian Air Force, i have been recently transferred to a new military base in Northern Territory. I need to sell the car fast because in three weeks I will be deployed to Libya and I'll stay there for a while. I'll buy a new one upon return.
    The price i want for my car is $5300 AUD (I've lowered the price because I'm running out of time). The car is road worthy and also has a long rego, clear title, very well maintained, always garage kept, excellent condition, runs and sounds 100% perfect with no leaks or noises.
    No need to worry about the car because it is here with me at the military base and I can ship it anywhere in Australia (i will pay the shipping charges).
    I also need to know if you have the cash to buy the car, if not when are you able to get it? You don't have to worry about the distance. You'll love the car, I can guarantee you that!
    Details:
    Registration#: 253FPE, 110.000. Just had it serviced. Mechanically A1. Registered in Queensland.
    Email me back so i can send you pictures with the car.
    Thank you, Daviv Barlob

Same scammer with a different name it seems.

What should I do? Have some fun with him?

• Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast