Page 28 of 98 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by valiux-25 View Post
    Thanks. Another question is how it instal?
    Thank you. Already repaired navigation. Thank you very much for your help

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

what's the current consensus in which is the most suitable map to use on Chinese GPS units, I have a dozen or so different GPS units laying around and was thinking to start putting them to some use

Thanks

Default chinnese gps CVMF-tr04 bricket

hi, i have a gps unit, CVMF-tr04 buy in chinavasion, i intented update the ssoft but the unit has bricket. The only reference i have is 84A-v2 and the software v.30_W_09.29_FBV. now the gps not run, nothing happens in the screen, usb not reconogzice by the windows system, i'm desesperated!!! i read some post here that says is posible to unbrick but i dont find any software that unbricket it . pleaseeee i need helpp!!!!

■Display Information:
    - 6 Inch TFT Touch Screen
    - 800 x 480 Pixel Screen Resolution
    ■Main System Information:
    - CPU: SiRF Atlas IV
    - Frequency: 500MHz
    - RAM: 128MB
    - Internal Flash Memory: 2GB
    - External Memory (TF / microSD card support): Free 4GB TF/microSD card included - supports up to 8GB TF / microSD cards!
    - Operating System: Microsoft Windows CE 6.0 (compatible with all major GPS software packages)
    ■GPS Information:
    - Receiver Module: SiRF GRF 3I+
    - Frequency: 1.57542GHZ
    - C/A Code: 1.023 MHZ chip rate
    - Signal Channels: 64
    ■Bluetooth Information:
    - Pair with phone - then use touchscreen interface
    - Dial call
    - Answer call
    - Volume control
    - Touchscreen keypad
    ■Battery Information:
    - ■Menu Items:
    -■Settings:
    - Navigation Settings, Preferences, Clock, Touchscreen Calibration, USB Active Sync, FM Transmitter, System, AV IN
    ■On Board Buttons and Slots: ok
    - Power
    - TF/microSD Card
    - Mini-USB
    - 3.5 mm (headphones)
    - Built-in MIC
    - AV IN
    - Built-in Speaker (1W)

the problem was i intented to update the firmware, i copy the files to sd card and restart the unit, the unit projected on the screen these lines
    ebbot.nb0 found
    nboot.bin found
    please pop the sdmmc card and reset the unit

and then i restart the unit, but has never started. starts now does nothing, if I connect it to pc just turns the LED battery charge. if I hold down the start button for 30 seconds the pc does not recognize a USB device.
    there any way to load the firmware? or is dead and useless?

if anyone has a method to unbrick, pleaseee tell me.
    Last edited by galileo69; 26-01-11 at 09:26 AM.

Thanks

Hi.
    I am after some help. I purchase 3 GPS units from dealsextreme same as smartufo posted about in first page
    I changed maps from USA to OZ in igo8 on first 2 no problems.When i did 3 unit i left room will files loading and forgot about it.When i came back next morning computer had gone so sleep.I disconnected gps and turn on but it is stuck on first screen with car and windmill.I have tried loading files YFUpdate/yfospa06.img/YFAPP.wzp on to cf card and hard reset however nothing happens.Does this mean i have to do a reg and disk format.
    Last edited by mrmacka; 25-01-11 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks

Default Boot Image

Does any body know how to change the boot image on this device.

The link says CE 5.0 but it is actually CE 6.0 in Chinese and it also has the iphone type navigation menu.

The Rom version is 82F.1930.27M2584A
    Software version: V3.6.C127.03.09
    OEM Info: YFAtlas4
    Platform ID: 5955414E46454E47
    Device ID: 0000000000000000
    SDCard ID: A9504CD8
    Windows CE 6.0. I have tried using Logo82c.bmp and Logo82a4.bmp but these don't work. Can anybody help?
    Thanks.

Sorry just figured it out so you can ignore the above. If anybody else is wondering you need to create an image that is 480x272 and 24bit colour and call it Logo82f.bmp and put this on an empty sd card and it should update.
    Last edited by johnny23; 26-01-11 at 09:14 AM. Reason: More Information added

Thanks

my system information same with johhny.
    just rom version, software version,and SDcard not.
    Last edited by pokran; 26-01-11 at 11:51 PM.

Thanks

hello my problem is k take long to detect the satellites.
    ie put the last thought rom available if anyone can allude
    I appreciate
    romversion: 82av4.yf.5.f.09.18
    softwere version: v3.6.e018.9.1
    oem info: yfatlas4
    Platform id: 5955414e46454e47
    device id: 0000000000000000
    thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galileo69 View Post
    hi, i have a gps unit, CVMF-tr04 buy in chinavasion, i intented update the ssoft but the unit has bricket. The only reference i have is 84A-v2 and the software v.30_W_09.29_FBV. now the gps not run, nothing happens in the screen, usb not reconogzice by the windows system, i'm desesperated!!! i read some post here that says is posible to unbrick but i dont find any software that unbricket it . pleaseeee i need helpp!!!!

the problem was i intented to update the firmware, i copy the files to sd card and restart the unit, the unit projected on the screen these lines
    ebbot.nb0 found
    nboot.bin found
    please pop the sdmmc card and reset the unit

and then i restart the unit, but has never started. starts now does nothing, if I connect it to pc just turns the LED battery charge. if I hold down the start button for 30 seconds the pc does not recognize a USB device.
    there any way to load the firmware? or is dead and useless?

if anyone has a method to unbrick, pleaseee tell me.
    pleaseee someone can help meeeee!!!!!!

Thanks

hi
    do u hve any firmware tht cn upgrade my gps version???

rom verson:
    V.13M.000003.100916.128M

APP version:
    V1.0-20-SD-ABFSJ-Ara-10.10.13

and also the video player lags.. nd i installed coreplayer in windows ce... is there any way i cud put tht coreplayer in the menu of the china gps?? (widout changin the navi settings)

thx in advance

Thanks

Default PF08 firmware

Hi, I have (semi)bricked my GPS device by installing MioPocket. It's SKU 45498
    Win CE 6.0

rom version : PF08.2020.29M7588H
    SW: V3.6,E60.12.22
    OEM:YFAtlas4

resolution 800x480

If someone know where i can download the correct firmware and other files needed to flash my GPS, please give me the links.
    EDIT
    In post #20 NoService wrote
    "on a side note i too have done the same thing with miopocket , it seems to install ok but when you reboot......your stuck on the welcome screen and that's it. the fix is actually in the registry but seeing as you have no reg backup either a firmware flash is the only way to go."

Soon i will have registry backup from the same device,(not bricked), is it possible to use that to unbrick my gps without flashing? ActiveSync connection is working.
    EDIT2
    Ok, I got the registry backup image from the same gps device created with ceRegistryEditor,should i just use the restore option and restore that image to my device?
    Last edited by explicit978; 29-01-11 at 12:27 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by explicit978 View Post
    Hi, I have (semi)bricked my GPS device by installing MioPocket. It's SKU 45498
    Win CE 6.0

resolution 800x480

If someone know where i can download the correct firmware and other files needed to flash my GPS, please give me the links.
    EDIT
    In post #20 NoService wrote
    "on a side note i too have done the same thing with miopocket , it seems to install ok but when you reboot......your stuck on the welcome screen and that's it. the fix is actually in the registry but seeing as you have no reg backup either a firmware flash is the only way to go."

Soon i will have registry backup from the same device,(not bricked), is it possible to use that to unbrick my gps without flashing? ActiveSync connection is working.
    EDIT2
    Ok, I got the registry backup image from the same gps device created with ceRegistryEditor,should i just use the restore option and restore that image to my device?
    You may restore the backup registry image to restore your GPS. MioPocket installation has added keys in the startup program that causes device to hang.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samkuek View Post
    You may restore the backup registry image to restore your GPS. MioPocket installation has added keys in the startup program that causes device to hang.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I tried but i am not sure how to restore the image.
    I go to Tools>Backup/Restore>Restore image and i get this message "To restore registry image, please go to "Compare->Compare registry" menu or press F3. I press F3, I browse to the backup image, it shows Total different keys 984.When i click on the Apply button it says "Please select something".
    In the Select menu there are 2 options, Select All Values and Select All Keys, which one i need to choose?

Thanks

Select All Keys

NS
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NoService View Post
    Select All Keys

NS
    I tried with Select All Keys but after clicking Apply and finishing, the registry keys on the devise are the same,still 984 different keys. I did used the Unlock Registry option,but nothing.
    Can someone guide me step by step through the process of restoring the backup image with ceRegistryEditor,I never used this program and the procedure is kinda tricky.English is not my native language, sorry for the grammar.Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Ok, I have successfully restored my device,I will post later the details, I am too tired, almost 48 hours over the 28 pages of this forum and Google.This is my device
    SKU 45498
    I have NDump bin files from my (new)device
    Part00.bin>59.9MB
    part01.bin>150MB
    Parto03.bin>2MB

and I will upload this files later if someone needs them.Thanks for your help.
    The best forum ever.

Thanks

Default cvmf-tr04 bricket

hi, i found this program SiRFSoCMgr.exe that seems to be reload rom to unit that have an atlas IV procesor, i try to run it but my gps dont connect via usb, i cannot install usb drivers for my gps the windows says that an unknown device. my system is 64 bits. im desperate whit it.
    i intented to load a new bootloader but i dont know how to do it.

thanks.

Thanks

SKU 45498

Ok, Here is what I've done
    1.Installed MioPocket v3,0 -> Bricked My device
    2.I was able to boot to the main menu but nothing was working on the device (I later realized that just the touch screen was not working)
    3.I did have Working ActiveSync connection
    4.After reading the 28 pages of this forum several times and Googling around for 48 hours...
    5.I was ready to flash my device with the new firmware i found here on the forum
    6.I had a extra new SKU45498 device and got from that one the ceRegistryEditor backup image
    7.After looking in the differences in the images from my bricked and my new device i saw this registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH
    bricked device registry
    new device registry
    8. I saw the differences and i thought to myself why not give it a try
    9. So I deleted the "DriverName REG_CZ cgrtouch.dll", than soft reset the device an guess what
    10.Everything was ok.I just performed another "Restore to Factory Defaults" from the menu, recalibrated the screen and worked like a charm.
    11.My ceRegistry backup images are now identical from the bricked and the new GPS device.

I will upload the files later (Part00.bin, Part01.bin, Part03.bin,ceRegistryEditor backup image and ResidentFlash2 partition)
    Last edited by explicit978; 31-01-11 at 12:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galileo69 View Post
    hi, i found this program SiRFSoCMgr.exe that seems to be reload rom to unit that have an atlas IV procesor, i try to run it but my gps dont connect via usb, i cannot install usb drivers for my gps the windows says that an unknown device. my system is 64 bits. im desperate whit it.
    i intented to load a new bootloader but i dont know how to do it.
    thanks.
    I would suggest you to read all the pages of this forum than find out the exact firmware and software version for your device,than maybe you will have more info, I will try to find something for you because I know how you feel now. Have patience, someone will come out with something, this is the best place for help in our case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by explicit978 View Post
    I would suggest you to read all the pages of this forum than find out the exact firmware and software version for your device,than maybe you will have more info, I will try to find something for you because I know how you feel now. Have patience, someone will come out with something, this is the best place for help in our case.
    Hi, my gps is rare, no one have it!!! i search on the web and nothing about it, i open it the unique number in the board is 84A-V2 with this number i found something about it but its very dificult find literature of thit gps. i think the only way to unbrick is with jtag conexion, my board has a 13 pins for this purpose. if anyone know where to buy a jtag board, im not sure if jtag is an standard for any electronic devices or there is a jtag especific for that units.
    the funny thing is that the firmware i download to the seller's website after I wrote him and replied saying that they dint support the firmware update and make an update i lost the warranty.
    thanks for your words, if you found something i'll be very grateful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AntBoy1979 View Post
    MTK GPS

English WinCE 5 and Menu

Uploaded with

The menu file is safe to try ( GPSAPP.MSK )
    But only use the OS file ( XIP.NB0 ) on a bricked unit as I haven't the foggiest if it will brick your unit if it's the wrong one. The file naming is the same across all different MTK units and is difficult to differentiate Roms!
    brother do you have MTK 4.3'' wince 5 cn+64+fm firmware ?

• Page 28 of 98 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast