Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

First of all you remember binary-value of key Depend9999! Secondly you delete both the Launch9999 and the Depend9999 key. Finally you add a key Launch50 with value "\explorer.exe" and a key Depend50 with the binary-value rememered and then wait 10-30 seconds before attempting to restart unit, thus device has time enough to recognize registry has changed. After re-booting, CE's explorer should be shown to you.

HINT: Ask the guys here or in another forum for the original HKLM\init entries related to your device. Perhaps somebody can answer your ask.

BTW: You don't have to look for a copy of WinCE, because CE always is stored in Read-Only-Memory (ROM) you can't overwrite by ordinary means. All you have to do is looking for original HKLM\init registry data.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 23-05-12 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    First of all you remember binary-value of key Depend9999! Secondly you delete both the Launch9999 and the Depend9999 key. Finally you add a key Launch50 with value "explorer.exe" and a key Depend50 with the binary-value rememered and then wait 10-30 seconds before attempting to restart unit, thus device has time enough to recognize registry has changed. After re-booting, CE's explorer should be shown to you.

HINT: Ask the guys here or in another forum for the original HKLMinit entries related to your device. Perhaps somebody can answer your ask.

BTW: You don't have to look for a copy of WinCE, because CE always is stored in Read-Only-Memory (ROM) you can't overwrite by ordinary means. All you have to do is looking for original HKLMinit registry data.
    No luck at all. Once I restart the machine, the Depend9999 and Launch9999 entries are back in the registry. Also when I connect to the laptop a dialogue box appears on the pnd screen but does not respond to the touch inputs.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jethari View Post
    No luck at all. Once I restart the machine, the Depend9999 and Launch9999 entries are back in the registry.
    Never heard of this phenomena. And I really can't believe it. You worldwide probably are the first one who encounters this misbehaviour.
    Also when I connect to the laptop a dialogue box appears on the pnd screen but does not respond to the touch inputs.
    That's the dialogue box created by repllog.exe (aka ActiveSync) indicating an ActiveSync connection is establishing ... No input required, dialogue box automatically closes.

EDIT:

Additionally delete files Launch.exe and Launch.ini in location Launch9999 points to.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 24-05-12 at 05:11 AM.

Thanks

I have a chinese 7" GPS manufacturer and model unknown that is stuck on boot image after loading miopocket.
    I opened the unit and its hardware shows model YG-912D-ABFSJ-1M-AS-4LS-6LS-V2.2, I have downloaded the software update zip file YG-912D-ABFSJ-1M-AS-4LS-6LS-V2.2.rar and extracted to root of micro SD (had to take out of top level folder called OS that it was extracted into) and installed card in unit but after power off and on and also pressing reset button (which just turns the unit off) I can't get the unit to start any flash upgrade and don't know what I am doing wrong or even if I have the correct files etc.
    Files extracted to card are below
    912D_SD_S.nb0
    gpstest.exe
    jwdupdate.exe
    Folder called update with various files within

Also I cannot activesync to unit as I get "error 608", please help
    Is there a way to hard reset/restore to factory

Last edited by TheTig; 24-05-12 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Add photo's of device

Thanks

Never heard of this phenomena. And I really can't believe it. You worldwide probably are the first one who encounters this misbehaviour.

That's the dialogue box created by repllog.exe (aka ActiveSync) indicating an ActiveSync connection is establishing ... No input required, dialogue box automatically closes.

EDIT:

Additionally delete files Launch.exe and Launch.ini in location Launch9999 points to.
    OK, that was a quirk with CEregedit. Saving after changes is not enough, the keys have to be reloaded. Now the changes are being retained alright. But the unit still does not boot up - stuck at the "Welcome......" screen. The "nandflash" folder contains four .bin files - gpspara0, gpspara1, gpspara2 and gpspara3.

Banned

Thanks

OK, that was a quirk with CEregedit. Saving after changes is not enough, the keys have to be reloaded. Now the changes are being retained alright. But the unit still does not boot up - stuck at the "Welcome......" screen.
    Don't get confused: Of course the unit boots, but device's shell isn't started as expected, because deleted (by MioPocket) from HKLM\init. It's on you to find out what the name of device's shell, ex. Main.exe. GPS_Main.exe, Launch.exe, etc.pp Simply walk all executables in \Windows folder and try them ...
    The "nandflash" folder contains four .bin files - gpspara0, gpspara1, gpspara2 and gpspara3.
    These 4 files aren't of any interest, they were created by the unit's GPS-module when last hotfix was done.

Thanks

Unhappy

Hello, i am new the forum,
    I are condition of " The Tig " image ...
    And how can I load it. Actisyn doesnt function it will not be seen from the pc.
    What can do ?
    I wish to know if someone knows the firmware for this type of chinese navigator
    Versione Firmware V.9.12C.700100.120207.4G
    Versione Appl. ASELSAN – V I. 5 –F. U16-SD-TU
    COD. ID. Sistema
    0018E420 – 09000000
    00000000 – 00000001
    Modello
    YG-912C-W6-FSJ-4G-6D-6lS
    GPS chip: MTK
    CPU: 533MHz
    RAM: 64 MB di DDR2
    Display 400 * 272
    Wince 6
    Thanks and regards.

Thanks

Don't get confused: Of course the unit boots, but device's shell isn't started as expected, because deleted (by MioPocket) from HKLMinit. It's on you to find out what the name of device's shell, ex. Main.exe. GPS_Main.exe, Launch.exe, etc.pp Simply walk all executables in Windows folder and try them ...

These 4 files aren't of any interest, they were created by the unit's GPS-module when last hotfix was done.
    I hate to say this, but I'm back to square one The registry entries are again not being retained. I dont know if there is some specific sequence of editing using CERegEditor. Whatever changes I made yesterday have become un-changeable now.

Hari

Thanks

I hate to say this, but I'm back to square one The registry entries are again not being retained. I dont know if there is some specific sequence of editing using CERegEditor. Whatever changes I made yesterday have become un-changeable now.

Hari
    You may need a more drastic method, which, at the end, will lead to full restauration of original registry stored in rom. Download this small (created by Microsoft), read included instructons. You must launch from rapi tool control.exe (or explorer.exe and launch from inside control panel). Go to storage manager, select system storage, most probably DSK1, which is allready selected. There will be a partition list on the right side, select the last one by touching it; must become blue background/white text. Press properties and check if "Type" is 0x11 or 0x12; if yes then continue by pressing unmount then format. After format is complete, you can reset device. It will take some time until it copies rom registry, be patient. In case that you still have original folders on nand, it shoud enter in shell menu.

If partition list has only one partition, don't touch it and try with the next store (up-left dropdown list). List should contain at least 3 partitions. Be carefull: don't format other "type" of partition except 0x11. Better note your findings and ask.
    Last edited by ablbd; 25-05-12 at 03:02 PM.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ablbd View Post
    Download this small (created by Microsoft), read included instructons.
    Yeah, great utility, did forget of this freeware which is part of. BTW: Will add it to my ceFFM project, because it can be a life saver.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 26-05-12 at 04:55 AM.

Thanks

Default no name chinese gps

i have a chinese gps 7 inch 800*480 128 ram cpu mstar 500 wince 6 4G internal

i think i bricked my device after modification of the registry and my pc not detect the internal flash desk but i can write on sd externally and i contact the supplier and he supply me with the firmware but i need the boot files because i put the files in sd card but no thing happen i think i need the boot files of wince 6 please help

Thanks

Looks like all the forces in the Universe are working against me!!! I used rapitool and managed to run a few of the .exe files. I managed to open the control panel, but could not go further since the touchscreen input is not working, the gui for that was not being loaded by the registry. However, after I restared the unit, I am not able to access the files/folders through active sync. I get an error message "Could not verify the version of active sync on your device. A firewall may be blocking access......" I tried reinstalling active sync - no luck. I even tried another laptop but got the same message. Has rapitool closed off access to the unit? Hard reset/soft reset also does not help. I'm really desperate now.

Banned

Thanks

I get an error message "Could not verify the version of active sync on your device. A firewall may be blocking access......"
    GIYF: Do a Google-search for "Could not verify the version of active sync on your device" and you'll get 1,5 millions results. I'm sure you'll find a workaround.

Thanks

GIYF: Do a Google-search for "Could not verify the version of active sync on your device" and you'll get 1,5 millions results. I'm sure you'll find a workaround.
    I'm already on it. Only question is could the active sync on the unit have been modified/corrupted by any chance? That's my only worry.

Thanks

Default Gps not response

i have a chinese gps 7 inch 800*480 128 ram cpu mstar 500 wince 6 4G internal

i think i bricked my device after modification of the registry and my pc not detect the internal flash desk but i can write on sd externally and i contact the supplier and he supply me with the firmware but i need the boot files because i put the files in sd card but no thing happen i think i need the boot files of wince 6 please help

Banned

Thanks

I'm already on it. Only question is could the active sync on the unit have been modified/corrupted by any chance? That's my only worry.
    If OEM put Activesync in the CE image, then Activesync is built into the ROM and therefore cannot be changed or removed or re-installed or whatever. The error you reported occurs on your XP machine, not on the mobile device!!!

Thanks

Default Firmware for MSD 3520

Quote Originally Posted by aranha2222 View Post
    Hi:
    I have the same model!
    And i has the same problem!
    Follow the instruction:

There is a firmware in English instruction inside the archive, read carefully!!

Importantly, do not forget to pull the card until you click the reboot!

and anather firmware

brief instruction:
    1. to prepare the memory card: format in FAT (NOT in FAT32!!!)
    if it was named - to clear.
    2. from the archive to copy the map file "UPD" is important for it to be copied first.
    give it a read-only attribute "
    3. copy all other files
    (Unless logo.bmp - Nitsche terrible just boot to a black screen:
    will be lit green light on the case, but on the screen or anything will not boot up
    full-shell)
    4. off Navicom sticks card podsoedenyaem to the network charge
    (NOT to the computer!) - Includes Navicom.
    5. wait a few minutes. on-screen look at all - neither of which do not touch
    6. Navicom will display a window-type flash is complete, restart me.
    ALWAYS Remove memory card before pressing the Reset!
    sobsvenno card pulled, pressed the reset (press the stylus into the hole over the map) - Navicom reboots and updates itself.
    IMPORTANT If the file is not recorded on logo.bmp krtu together with the firmware then some time (few minutes) you will have a black screen - do not panic - wait for completion of the process serves as input koim calibration mode.
    7. calibrate the touch screen: you consistently poke in the center of each cross poporyadku rooms. if done correctly - will fall into the staffing menu.
    8. Now you can put at stake their favorite navigation software and go!

Tell if works!
    Hello

i tried this firmware on my broken gps. i managed to flash it and it boots up fine. but the firmware has the wrong resolution (to large) and my gps dont have an fm function or bluetooth. i only have a 3,5" display
    all i can say that its a msd 3520 (found this inside the gps) on the cover the only labe is ROVE. maybe someone can help me to find the right firmware for the gps . Thanks

Patrick
    Last edited by Taliesin; 27-05-12 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks

If OEM put Activesync in the CE image, then Activesync is built into the ROM and therefore cannot be changed or removed or re-installed or whatever. The error you reported occurs on your XP machine, not on the mobile device!!!
    Thank God for small mercies!!! Now I recall, there were multiple partnerships on active sync and I deleted them. I think the problem started after that. i'm trying all the suggestions that I can find on google. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

jethari, dowload the whole package from jwoegerbauer's link. You'll find there another utility, ASRDisp.exe. This one will "project" PND's screen to your PC, so you don't need touch in order to handle it, mouse clicks on PC will do the job...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ablbd View Post
    jethari, dowload the whole package from jwoegerbauer's link. You'll find there another utility, ASRDisp.exe. This one will "project" PND's screen to your PC, so you don't need touch in order to handle it, mouse clicks on PC will do the job...
    I tried that utility, but since the device is only connecting as guest, it says "the os or cpu is not supported". I tried active sync from another laptop, but got the same result - only connecting as guest. Could the partnership have been deleted from the device somehow?

• Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast