Page 63 of 98 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

Thanks Supera - did try that but made absolutely no difference. I'm starting to learn to read Cyrillic, Turkish & Chinese (granted, with a lot of help from Google Translate...) because of the different forums I'm searching through, but so far have not found a 'good' BootLoader (which I think of as the BIOS, effectively) for my device. Aparently, most of the bootloaders are the same, as the only thing that delimits the difference is the resolution. I might start experimenting with some 'other' packs: I can always force-load the almost-working state it's in now if I mangle it again! Really very annoyed with myself...

Thanks

@Meserias...
    A simple test:
    Format a SD card (FAT16, not 32)
    make a file called EraseReg.fmt on it - and inside it put something using Notepad. I've seen a few variations, just so long as it's not empty (1234, EraseReg, whatever really)
    Pop into your GPS & hard-reset (hold the power button for 10 seconds, usually)
    Turn on again, and wait. You might get a blue screen with a message which will flash through hopefully wiping some reg settings on the way.
    Pop it out once done, and re-start (10-second thing) again.
    Hopefully that's it! :- Hope it works for you.
    Last edited by jdmtech; 10-08-12 at 11:35 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jdmtech For This Useful Post:

Meserias (12-08-12)

Thanks

OK - try this one. It's the 7 inch application layer that I do have working - just cannot see all of it...

Format a SD card to FAT16 (not 32)
    Download, unzip & copy the files onto the SD card
    Hard-reset it (hold power button for 10+ seconds)

Hopefully that will re-install the application layer on your device, and get you past the splash screen!

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    Since your unit is running CE 6.0, basically no chance, because the parts of registry that are changeable by user are kept in device's internal storage device, not in RAM or somewhere other. Note that any attempt to re-flash the OS doesn't restore contents of the (corrupted) registry files. Only chance to get your issue solved is your unit detects SD-card and can read from it. If so, then you can run from there a registry editor. To test this, you copy a WinCE regeditor of your choice to the root of the SD-card, and put in the root of SD-card a text file named YFAUTORUN.ini with nothing than the path to the regeditor in it.
    I didn't try this, maybe was a solution who knows. I use instead YFormat.fmt and that erase (the card was read) . Unit's start's but say's "no sd mmc card inserted" probably now I should put new Firmware + OS + YFAPP.
    Since I don't know what OS version was before (my stupid mistake) now my only chance is to find a good IMG for this device, however the unit it's ignoring my card with one file named os82c.img (c), D, A06...everything I put on card it's not read.
    It's something special how to format this SD card (remembr was read by YFormat) ?

Thanks

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jdmtech View Post
    @Meserias...
    A simple test:
    Format a SD card (FAT16, not 32)
    make a file called EraseReg.fmt on it - and inside it put something using Notepad. I've seen a few variations, just so long as it's not empty (1234, EraseReg, whatever really)
    Pop into your GPS & hard-reset (hold the power button for 10 seconds, usually)
    Turn on again, and wait. You might get a blue screen with a message which will flash through hopefully wiping some reg settings on the way.
    Pop it out once done, and re-start (10-second thing) again.
    Hopefully that's it! :- Hope it works for you.
    This was my first attempt to just use EraseReg.fmt but with no luck because the unit it's ignoring the card with this content. There any way that opening the enclosure to read some information's about this unit ?
    I'ts there a special way to format SDcard so the unit read it ?
    Keep in mind that YFormat.fmt was executed successfully on the unit.

LaterEdit: Now the time it's no pressure for me because I already order another one. EVOLIO HI-SPEED PLus
    Last edited by Meserias; 12-08-12 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks

Hello again. Still no joy for me I'm afraid. I think this thing has beaten me.

On connecting to USB, it still just shows lines. Powering up shows a little blue/grey edge down one side. Once it finishes loading it shows what I think is the calibration page. I can tap around and occasionally it gets into an all-white strip instead but that's as far as I go.

The mostly-blue screen is supposed to be the firmware flash running, but all I can read is the first lettr or two of each line - the rest is, well, as in hte picture. It does finish though, which is sort-of good.

In essence, I now have a very large MicroSD card reader! Pix below for your amusement.

Thanks

Default pleaseeee helppp mee

Hi friends I brick my device ;( .Before 2 week I buy this from ebay.And ... i install miopocket. i play with my device some hours and i uninstall miopocket.i erase all miopocket words from registry.after uninstalling my device is dead.When i push turn on button display turn on but stay on boot logo.I cant connect my device with laptop i put usb cable nothing happens.I make this before install miopocket
    .I try:1-unplug battery no change,I open my device please see this
    Please help meeeeee tell me what to do now
    Sorry for my English.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

As it's multiple times stated in , MioPocket 4.0 Rel.68 isn't ready for WinCE 6.0 devices, and it isn't ready for chinese AIO devices in special. I'm really wondering why you ignored this. MioPocket is not to be found without reason somewhere other than in 'Mio AIO Forums' section from GpSPasSion. It's a soft developped to be used with Mio devices. IMHO. you can throw your bricked unit into the waste...
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 13-08-12 at 02:20 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

sabrito (13-08-12)

Thanks

thank you for answer but is not good any other help

Thanks

Sabrito - I am afraid without the right bootloader and firmware for this device I'll have to agree with jwoegerbauer. The very best you could hope for is someone who has the same device, who knows what they are doing that could extract all of the required files from thiers, get your device into Service Mode (there is a few different ways, most of which require pulling it apart and shorting out pads on the circuit board before plugging it in to the computer that's running the right version of PNDFlashTool with all of those files correctly extracted from the other device) and re-flashing everything.
    If you go back to the eBay seller they may have a clue, or be able to get/send you the firmware/OS. You MAY get lucky & still have access to the SD card.
    A way to test that is to try & replace the picture of the anime girl. Format a SD card as FAT 16 (not 32), and using Paint or whatever your preferred image editing software is make a picture that is 800 pixels wide by 480 pixels high. Paint whatever you like in there, and save it as a 24-bit BMP file called 'logo.bmp' onto the SD card. Hard-reset (hold the power button for more than 10 seconds, until it goes black, then turn it on again) and if you are very lucky the picture you have made should be set as the splash screen: which should mean that it is accepting some form of input & you may be able to save it - though you may lose the software you have already. Once again, your seller may have an idea or offer more than a 'send it back & we'll replace it' service. Hope it helps...

Thanks

Anyone able to get this link??

I've tried a few times, and think it holds the answer to my little puzzle of a 7" GPS, but I cannot for the life of me get hold of the file!! There's another (from page 18 in this thread) that also may help, but I'm reasonably certain this is the one I need. Can anyone get & re-host it here, please??

Thanks

I bricked my GPS messing around with HKLM/init and I recommended everybody to stay away touching this registry unless know what are these entries and how important are.
    Anyway I was able to sell my bricked GPS on 30$ as spare parts.

Now I have this new GPS EVOLIO HI SPEED with SIRF Atlas 5 / 664MHz / Touch 4.3''
    I little demo can be found on youtube witch you can use for comparing your GPS or other new devices that will appear on the market.

Can anyone help me with easy steps how to make a backup for this in case that GPS will not start ? How to do it ? SPB Backup it's able to restore a bricked device ?
    I want to help community and give this internal backup here so everybody cand restore his GPS to a working state.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meserias View Post
    Can anyone help me with easy steps how to make a backup for this in case that GPS will not start ? How to do it ? SPB Backup it's able to restore a bricked device ?
    I want to help community and give this internal backup here so everybody cand restore his GPS to a working state.
    Use Win32 freeware CeRegEditor (google for it): This allows you to create an image that can be replayed.

Thanks

That tool will create a registry backup, not a complete backup.
    What I what it's a complete backup for this GPS device.

Banned

Thanks

Think about:
    1. CE - incl. bootloader and drivers - is kept in ROM (ReadOnlyMemory)
    2. Applications other than navigation soft (ex. player, reader, etc) are stored in ROM, too, if OEM provides those
    3. Device's startup is steered by registry (either kept in ROM - copied to RAM - or stored in internal flash disk, depends on type of registry)

Anyways, happy searching for a backup tool ... GIYF
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 16-08-12 at 03:01 AM.

Thanks

Ndump can be used to dump individual partitions or all as one image, and you can export the Registry using CERegEditor

I have asked this question twice before so apologies for repeating myself, but does anyone (jwoegerbauer??) know how to "reinstall" the image files exported with Ndump?

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Superabound View Post
    Ndump can be used to dump individual partitions or all as one image, and you can export the Registry using CERegEditor
    Meserias provided a video, but not techn. specifications, so nobody knows what he really is dealing with.

Here an excerpt from README of ablbd's NDumpCEx tool:

Limitations.
    Both tools are able to handle mounted storages (NAND's) only. More often in Wince4.x devices but also in certain Wince5 devices, the operating system is placed in a NOR storage, which is "seen" by the system as RAM. RAM cannot be "mounted" so the tools will NOT be able to produce an usefull ROM dump. In those particular cases, please try to use some specialized RAM dumper tools. Even so is not easy because those tools may need to be recompiled according to the memory mapping used by one particular CPU.

I have asked this question twice before so apologies for repeating myself, but does anyone (jwoegerbauer??) know how to "reinstall" the image files exported with Ndump?
    Why not ask ablbd this question?

Thanks

The raw image usually has to be processed in order to extract OS upgrade files. I can extract the files for most of the devices excerpt Apical wince.img.
    In case of YF devices, part00 dump have to be renamed accordingly and used as it is.

Thanks

Many thanks

@jwoegerbauer
    I know NDump only reads NAND. So using NDump and CERegEditor Mesarias can at least make a backup of his partitions and the Registry, leaving only the issue of making a ROM dump.
    Do you know any good tools for that?

@ablbd
    Thanks. I had worked out part00 was the OS, and by changing the .img filename to that of the device it would then be "reinstalled".
    But what about the other parts. I assume part01 is Residentflash2 holding the application software. Is it possible to "reinstate" this image?
    But what would the filename need to be?

Also is it possible to view the images using an Emulator or other tools?

Banned

Thanks

Do you know any good tools for that?
    NO. There never was the necessity for me to search for and use such a tool, if it exists. This because of if you get a fresh device, as configured/shipped by OEM, except the naviation software - which probably you always can forget, because mostly outdated - in general only a few folders/files are to be found at unit's internal storage device, which easily can be transferred/copied to an SD-card (several techniques possible, most easy if ActiveSync is possible). AND I NEVER USED SOFTWARE THAT UNATTENDED/UNCONTROLLED REWRITES REGISTRY SECTION HKLM\init.

Quote Originally Posted by Meserias View Post
    Please consider to post contents of device's HKLM\init also .
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 16-08-12 at 08:40 PM.

• Page 63 of 98 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast