Page 64 of 98 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

Unhappy Problem With MediaTek mt-3351

ihave installed a rom and the screen is small iwant other rom can you get me one please

Thanks

Default help please

ihave mediatek mt 3351 and i want to reset it and remove all the roms on it because iwant to install miopocket 4.0 please give me a link for erasereg and yformat.

Thanks

Hi friend have brick my gps china ( have deleted khey local machine/init ) , i need firmware YG-912c-w6-fsj-4g-1d-6ls Thx

Thanks

Default Muted??gps

Quote Originally Posted by antipatiko View Post
    i have this unit:

thanks!
    i have this same ebay gps..cannot get it off mute...anyone out there can help?

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by apteeva View Post
    i have this same ebay gps..cannot get it off mute...anyone out there can help?
    Really a nice picture.
    What's about brand/model (each device has a model number) and/or System Information and/or techn. specifications? Others were able to tell it: see post #30
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 20-08-12 at 01:36 AM.

Thanks

Unhappy MediaTek mT-3351

Please IWant To Format residentflash and erase the registry please help me iwant a rom 7 inch not smaller please please please answer me pleaseee

Thanks

Default this is my gps

Banned

Thanks

Default erasereg / yfformat

Quote Originally Posted by omaradawy View Post
    ihave mediatek mt 3351 and i want to reset it and remove all the roms on it because iwant to install miopocket 4.0 please give me a link for erasereg and yformat.
    Quote Originally Posted by omaradawy View Post
    Please IWant To Format residentflash and erase the registry please help me iwant a rom 7 inch not smaller please please please answer me pleaseee
    Regarding erasereg and yfformat: simply scroll upwards some posts, the answer is already given.

Thanks

OK, a minor (if accidental) success: I have managed to get the battery/charging animation back, but nothing further. Every time I try to flash to what is supposed to be the 'right' firmware I just end up with garbled lines again. I cannot read anything from the SD card right now, without performing a factory restore: but that's where I end up loading a corrupted bootloader again. I think I need to dabble some more, but am closer now!

Thanks

Default :Kinda lost here:

Hello folks, n00b here:
    I have a GPS in need of a firmware update. I'd like to use it as a PDA as well, however the stock ROM locked me out of WinCE. I had to make shell.ini point to \Windows\explorer.exe... Plus it doesn't have the Windows desktop installed. Navigation software sucks, pretty worthless. Does anyone know how can identify manufacturer/OEM? CPU is SiRF Atlas III, 64MB RAM, 4.3", 480x272, NAND unknown, WinCE 5.0, Only visible version number is A3.QC4.XCF.9908.M2.5, under main menu>settings>about... Only marking on case is "Apollo".
    Thanks in advance

Thanks

I have a question.. I have this and i am looking at the trial of hemma maps.. they look ok and this unit is good for the price.. To load additional maps do i need to have a micro sd card reader and copy from the memory map software ? as i tried just sending the trial map to the unit and then in the gps it wasn't there. Any help appreciated i'm new at this.. only just worked out how to use the one i got.. its pre loaded with australian maps.

think i did an oops... is this ok to post in this thread ? or can/should it be moved... if so can you let me know
    Last edited by bluehilux; 29-08-12 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks

A very long story follows! You have been warned...

Thanks to everyone on the thread, and also on a bunch of other GPS forums in various languages, I have now managed to get my 7" GPS running - mostly.
    I did do a ton of damage to it, and learned a lot, threw it out in disgust, smacked at it, swore a lot more and finally managed to stumble upon the 'secret' that does not seem to be clearly mentioned anywhere: do not leave the unit plugged into a computer when you want it to boot/update from the SD card! Having it plugged in was locking me out a lot of the time I was hoping/praying that I could first restore the bootloader, then get the update software to run, and finally install the OS and GPS overlay.
    I still have a bit of work to do, but at least can now use it as a bluetooth handsfree kit. GPS software runs (iGo Primo) but it does not seem to like the GPS receiver: that's my next challenge.

So, in summary:
    - I had this thing in pieces more times than I care to admit (didn't lose any screws though - unusual for me!).
    - I'm now reasonably conversant with the required steps to do a full factory reset on an MTK3351 YG-912/918-based hardware (using PNDFlashTool) and actually get it working.
    - I've wasted a LOT of energy trying to figure out or force-fit firmware/bootloaders/ROM's/applications, or just wasting time trying to follow long-dead links (all those old MegaUpload links probably would have had me up & running much sooner)
    - As was mentioned early on - if it ain't broke, don't mess with it. The issue here is that I'd messed with it long before I found this (and many other) forums as have many others who posted here.

So, to what I started with, and what I did to stuff it up more then finally when things started to click into place...

I was gifted this device, a very unassuming plain device, by a friend who had tried to update the maps, but was all too much for him, who took it to a friend who thought they knew what they were doing, who then took it to another friend... They all gave up. He bought another, different simpler one so gave this to me, knowing that I cannot help myself.

It had the battery charge indicator, but on turning on had the Japanese anime girl Keiko on it and that's it. There were a few stickers (like 'HD' and 'AV') on it and a 'Powered by Windows' sticker. How hard can it be, right??

All futile Google searches led me in a big loop to nowhere with this, so I finally pulled it apart & got the model number off the internal board. YG-912D version 2.2. I had no idea about how much memory, what was on it before (OS, gps app software, tools, functions supported), what and how all this stuff worked (still do not understand a lot of things, the learning continues even after reading all 64 pages of this thread & various other sites).

After getting what professed to be the 'right' version of everything for this hardware, I unpacked it (an earlier thread here has the beginnings of that conversation) and managed to promptly damage the bootloader so effectively that all I could see was an occasionally white stripe here & there: even when what was supposed to be showing was the battery charge indicator - which was a big backward step most professed meant that the device was dead/bricked/unrecoverable. 'Just bin it'...

I figured that surely if I could mange something so profoundly that ther had to be SOME way to get it back, so grabbed hold of every ROM/firmware/bootloader pack I could find that even came close to having the same specs as what I thought this thing did: a 7" 800 X 480 pixel, 128Mb RAM, maybe 2Gb internal storage, with AV in (on a micro 2.5 mm socket: still got to figure that bit out...), MicroSD and Bluetooth. I tried a lot of them, and mixed combinations, but to no avail.

I used a hex editro to go over what I believed to be teh important files to see if I could figure out how all of this stuff fits together, and did a reasonable bit of digging to eventually find out that no such changes were possible without getting it into factory/service-mode first, and ther were potentially hundreds of units using the same basic chip but each had their own unique way to get to that state. Figuring I'd already damaged it, the screws came out again and I eventually found the right detail to help me determine the point (TP36 in my case, shorted to ground, before plugging it in to USB). That was on a Turkish site that was only found by accident earlier while trying ot find suitable candidates for firmware/OS packs - it no longer exists or works, and all of the links for the software are also dead but I did get a walk-through on this thing called PNDFlashTool that once translated and with a bit of reading between the lines and testing I managed to begin to understand that this was not going to be simple, but at least I could always go back to factory mode now.

After trying the 6th-7th software pack and having it fail again, I got a little rushed and somehow managed to partially rip the ribbon cable. DAMMIT!!! Thinking back, I believed then that I might ahve been working with a partially snapped ribbon cable all along whihc could explain the wite lines... Two days of thinking later, and a few minutes with scissors and razor blade I fixed it sufficiently to be able to plug it back in - only to find myself back where I started from just a few irritating lines...

I got annoyed & did actually put it in my junk pile for a day - I had managed to get two other, smaller GPS units (one NavMan and another cheap 5" China GPS like the Orange-screened ones above) functional-ish again during all of this.

I thin found on a Russian site that the chipset for a YG-912D/G and YG-918D/G were almost the same, so I found a pack for that, re-opened the thing put it into service mode for the n-th time. The 5 files I pulled from this pack were the boot loader, the data and meat files, the logo file and the eBoot. Once I swapped these out for the set that I had been fruitlessly trying, it all started to play well again

- the battery and anime girl showed up once more, but stalled there. I realised that I had only partially used the files, so started over, this time making sure it was all in place.
    Then I got past that to the Update/calibrate page. Te OS was loaded, but ther was no app layer so it was incomplete. This is wher it's important NOT to have it plugged in to USB if you are trying to update/change the menu system, and this took me another coule of days to figure out.
    Once I did, that was it: it all started to work. I now have a working if basic menu system, and while I can get to the WinCE 5.0 it's in Russian. That's something else I'm trying to resolve, but at least I can get around now!

• The Following User Says Thank You to jdmtech For This Useful Post:

rich2764 (10-09-12)

Thanks

Default Gps problem

Hi, I bought this gps on ebay :

I made a mistake but I don't know what.

I was stuck on the boot screen with the car and the windmill but now the bootscreen is striped with black and white line.

Do you have any solution ?

I tried to reset it like the seller said but it did nothing.

Thanks for your help.

Madz

• 04-09-12, 06:47 PM

• 05-09-12, 02:43 AM

Thanks

Default Changing Anime Girl Splash Screen - Help

Hi...new to this forum and just bought a 7" GPS / DVR unit from China and want replace the Anime splash screen.

I have read a few posts on here that mention creating a .bmp file at 800*480 and saving as logo.bmp onto the SD card and re-booting. I have done this but it doesn't work....any ideas please ?. SD Card is FAT32.

System Info
    Rom : V.108C.211100.120214.128M
    APP : V2.2ABFR-NUI20-HD-EN
    System ID : 0018e420-09000000-00000000-00000001

Grateful for any help.

Banned

Thanks

Don't get confused: A .BMP-file can't hold an animation, it's static. An animated image only can be hold with a .GIF-file or .SWF-file or .FLSH-file or ...

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yanouriou View Post
    I was stuck on the boot screen with the car and the windmill but now the bootscreen is striped with black and white line.
    The boot-logo described indicates it's a device with a YF (Yuan Feng) ROM. Some repair tipps already are given above (EraseReg, YFormat, YFUpdate, etc)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    Don't get confused: A .BMP-file can't hold an animation, it's static. An animated image only can be hold with a .GIF-file or .SWF-file or .FLSH-file or ...
    Hi I don't mean "Anime" as animated....Japanese Girl Picture or Manga. The boot screen looks like this ;

then loads this main screen ;

My unit runs wince 6. I'm running the free Navigator from MapFactor which is not too bad.

But big question is how do I change that stupid boot screen ????.
    Last edited by MrBozo; 06-09-12 at 08:28 PM.

Banned

Thanks

See post #480. Should work - Note: IT MUST BE A 24 BPP .BMP-FILE. If not, either consult user manual or ask vendor.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrBozo View Post
    Hi...new to this forum and just bought a 7" GPS / DVR unit from China and want replace the Anime splash screen.

I have read a few posts on here that mention creating a .bmp file at 800*480 and saving as logo.bmp onto the SD card and re-booting. I have done this but it doesn't work....any ideas please ?. SD Card is FAT32.

System Info
    Rom : V.108C.211100.120214.128M
    APP : V2.2ABFR-NUI20-HD-EN
    System ID : 0018e420-09000000-00000000-00000001

Grateful for any help.
    Hi I don't mean "Anime" as animated....Japanese Girl Picture or Manga. The boot screen looks like this ;

then loads this main screen ;

My unit runs wince 6. I'm running the free Navigator from MapFactor which is not too bad.

But big question is how do I change that stupid boot screen ????.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    See post #480. Should work - Note: IT MUST BE A 24 BPP .BMP-FILE. If not, either consult user manual or ask vendor.
    Did that already as described previously and no joy.

Banned

Thanks

Putting it on SD-card and re-booting is not the correct way. The steps are

1) Put new logo file on a 2GB SD-card
    2) In device's settings menu search for 'Upgrade Logo' and, if found, touch YES

• Page 64 of 98 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast