Page 68 of 98 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

Hi NoService

I have these chines no name unit ( SPEC INFO Link )
    do you know any new freeware for it?

it works fine nothing wrong with it.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sony1978a; 31-10-12 at 11:41 PM.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyJZX View Post
    its a basic WinCE 6.0 device that runs a real crap Chinese shell and then IGo8...
    1. As far as I can see, unit's main menu is in English, not in Chinese
    2. FYI: It's an APICAL based unit.

Thanks

Dear ablbd please advice once again
    I have try already as your file it found

Update Start......
    Found Startup File, Size is 103456
    Error! File Version is 0x00000136
    BOOTVER 0138
    PLAT PF05
    CPU 500000000Hz
    MEM 184320000Hz
    LCD 8
    RAM 128MB
    FLASH 0(2048MB)
    Id ec,d5,84,72,50,42
    Found Config File, Size Is 7040
    Update OK.
    Found Logo File, Size Is 391736
    Update fail!

Please help, Thank you

Thanks

Default Roadrover in-dash 2-din GPS Unit

I have bought a "premium" Chinese 7in unit to fit in the dash of my Pajero. (Fitting instructions for the unit are )

I have identified it as a .
    The specs are as follows.

* CPU : SiRF Prima 600Mhz CPU, Advanced ARM 11 architecture
    300M Hz DSP, Support 3D Hardware Acceleration: High resolution 3D graphics for real 3D map
    * DDR RAM: 128MB DDR-400MHz RAM fast multifuntional operation speed
    * Built-in Memory: 128 MB Nand Flash(standard), up to 4GB (optional), Transfer songs,
    photos ,videos among SD card, Built-in Nand Flash& USB Flash
    * USB Prot : 2 Port available, support USB Mobile Hard Drive (exFAT,no capacity limit),
    High-Speed USB 2.0: 480Mbps High Speed USB 2.0 Interface
    * Storage Card:4GB SD card(standard), up to 32GB(Optional)

I have downloaded a Windows CE emulator and have ground my way up the learning curve. (I am a Mac person!)

Reverse engineering of RoadRover software on WinCE 6.0 for future design new tools for the device.

This is just a WIN CE emulator with a skin that looks like an in-dash unit!

I have managed to install and run MioPocket and ceFFM, in the emulator and on the actual unit, but after reading some negative comments I am reluctant to continue with MioPocket on the unit.
    The navigation software is NavNGo Igo8 and I am happy with that. I only made one alteration, to get it to switch to map view at start up.
    The in dash unit works well in the modes I have played with. The radio is good in country NSW (Australia). The CD/DVD player works. The bluetooth syncs with my Samsung Android phone and I have loaded the unit with my address book.
    My only complaint is the in the iPod interface.
    It connects to the iPod well and the interface allows you to select by Genre/Track/Artist etc. The only problem is that the pop-up screen listing the Tracks/Playlist does not stay on screen for long enough.

I have found the software that runs the iPod .... called iPod.exe.
    I can not find any way of changing the settings.
    Has anyone got any ideas?

• The Following User Says Thank You to pslambe For This Useful Post:

spkprs (13-11-12)

Thanks

Hi everybody,
    i am using a chinese 2din All-in-one unit for Ford Focus, but im having troubles because of the buggy firmware (especially i cant select separate volume for bluetooth). Can everybody help me please wich firmware can i upload to the unit?
    It has as S3C2451 CPU. I attached pictures from inside the unit.
    the link for photos are here

Thanks

aeing: I tryed to "trick" your actual bootloader by manually rewriting bootver to 0x00000139,
    download it from .

You can use the rest of previous package and don't forget: the mistake you did may be irreversible!

Thanks

Dear ablbd
    Thank with appreciate as your, my GPS back to 480x272. Right now, working OK.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 862 Posts

I know I have said it before, but a refresh might be good for some users, so I try to get it all in one posting
    1. You get good and bad units, where bad does not mean crap, but that it is hard to modify the CE system or get access to it.
    2. A firmware should only be updated for a buggy device, not for testing purposes - the risks are often too high.
    You need to have the correct firmware for your model and it also have to match the current firmware as for some cases it is not possible to upgrade due to hardware changes in between.
    3. "Dangerous" add ons, like Miopocket, should only be installed if it is already proven to work on your unit!!! Dangerous is everything that only works with modifications to the registry!

Some general info on how to spot a "good" device:
    1. high screen resolution - real, not emulated! 800x600 is now sort of standard, above is better but not all programs will work on HD screen without distortions.
    2. proper CPU and RAM. You often see devices only labeled as "Arm 1GHz" or similar - stay away! Only if the actual CPU type, like ARM11 is specified you have a chance to get what you pay for.
    Ram should be at least 128mb, 64mb is no way near enough for newer GPS software systems or to play good movies.
    3. Good battery and usage time (not so much for in dash units). Quite often they save money on using cheap low Ah batteries that only give you about 2 hours of real use without a power supply. This is another indicator that overall cheap hardware is used, so try to avoid it
    4. Ports and connections: This is more or less up to the user, but as standard it should support memory card of 32Gb and offer a normal USB connection (not active sync!) for data transfer.
    Some offer video in/out or even HDMI. Video in is nice if you want a reversing cam, while for the other I have no idea why you would need them as video monitors in the back are no longer legal during driving times.
    5. All devices have a button for the GPS program to start, on good devices you can specify the name and path for that program in the system settings!
    6. Most important thing The CE system should be accessible, meaning that there is a CE mode or menu button that is available!!
    The reason is quite simple: Without direct CE access it is not just much harder for a user to make modifications, but it is also almost certain that the CE system on the device is
    a) not according to MS specs
    b) at least some CE components are missing, like Explorer, system settings and so on
    On such device you can almost expect to run into trouble once you install a new and good GPS software.

Modifications and installing other GPS software:
    Well, we all know that in most cases you get IGO with a map of your country preinstalled when you buy your device.
    If they go really cheap on you there will be no GPS software at all installed.
    Finding GPS programs and maps is not a big problem, so I won't further comment on that.
    The real deal comes when you want more than just one extra program....
    All devices have a button for the GPS program to start, on good devices you can specify the name and path for that program in the system settings!
    Knowing that you also know that any program at this path and with this name will start if you press the corresponding button on your device.
    There are many custom menus available on the net, most of them use a simply tiny program that starts the actual menu and they are based on INI files which contain the settings for the program, the look of the menu and the additional infos like battery status, free memory and so on.
    These menus don't need any modifications to the registry, CE system or you device itself.
    If there is a need I can upload one I made some years ago for an old Navman ICN 520 which includes all necessary infos you might need for your device, but you have to modify the INI files to match your system.
    Tomtom GO730 ,Navcore 9.004 ,Bootloader 5.5256 ,Map :Australia 845.2661
    ttmaps and Tomplayer on 16GB SDHC class6
    Password for all my files: downunder

Banned

Thanks

If you bricked your device by installing MioPocket 4.0, then you are invited to report this fact .

Thanks

you gotta be pretty stupid to brick your gps with Mio

i tried both full and mini and with even minor precautions you can revert back (i'm using a navigon)

Thanks

i tried both full and mini and with even minor precautions you can revert back (i'm using a navigon)
    That only shows that you have been lucky or never had a problem.
    Only if Miopocke is installed without any registry modifications or replacing of original CE files on the device it could be considered to be safe for all.
    Quite a few of the tweaks require the registry to be changed or that entries are added.
    Many no name devices don't use a permanent registry in the backup option and if a stuffed registry causes a freeze you get a brick.
    Even if you can create a backup of your original registry - what good is it to you once the device won't start and you no longer have access ?

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder35m View Post
    Many no name devices don't use a permanent registry in the backup option and if a stuffed registry causes a freeze you get a brick.
    Let me clarify things:
    1. It doesn't matter whether device is either a well known brand/model or a so-called no-name one. It only depends on how OEM decided to implement the registry - file-based and/or memory-based. Devices running WinCE 6.0 always have a file-based registry, whereas units running CE 5.0 / 4.2 might have a file-based registry, or not.
    2. Because of fact WinCE 6.0 by default doesn't know of a hard-reset feature (security reasons), it always utilises a file-based registry. Means all registry entries are persistent, survive each power-off/on. Also those modifications user made. It's absolute critical to modify at such units registry's HKLM\init entries. Doing here something wrong, in almost all cases will (possibly unrecoverable) brick the device.
    3. Devices which don't utilise a file-based registry, always can be hard-reset. That's mostly the case with all pre-WinCE 6.0 units. Means all registry entries are restored to factory defaults when true power-off/on (NOT suspend) is performed.
    4. If you can't hard-reset a WinCE device it's in deed always an enormous risk to install any unlocker onto, esp. if the unlocker substitutes the default unit's shell. And worst of all, you loose any warranties.

Even if you can create a backup of your original registry - what good is it to you once the device won't start and you no longer have access ?
    I totally agree. If neither SD nor USB is working any longer, you 100% have lost, can throw the device into waste. But a well behaved unlocker simply waits until device became fully initialized (incl. SD/MMC and USB). Such an unlocker exists.

Thanks

Thanks for clearing this up a bit more, the users here will apreciate it.
    I know the unlockers and Miopocket hve coe a long way and are better than a few years ago, but I had to point out the risks as I see in my other forums the problems on a weekly base.
    IMHO it is not that much a problem of unexperienced users, but the lack of info on the devices.
    Combined with the simple purity of a simple GPS system it is clear why a user wants to get a unlock solution the gives so much more.
    A long time ago when unlocker were rare, buggy and often caused more harm than good. I went the way of a stand-alone-menu that only replaces the EXE of the gps software without any mods to the device.
    During that time I noticed that there are basically two kinds of users:
    The ones that only want to use one or more GPS programs that are not installed by default,
    and the ones that want all that is possible - I tend to call them collectors
    First group is easy to please, but the second never get's enough
    Althoughthey might use and test it all out in the beginning, most of them admitted that after time it became irrelevant and they only used the GPS part.

Of course things have changed over time and a simple mobile phone is often more powerful than a good GPS, but I see the demand for unlock solutions.
    I was using Google translate to read in a Korean forum last year. There a few guys experimented with mods directly to the firmware.
    It was amazing as they disectected the latest firmwares, extracted what they could and even managed to add a full 3D menu to old 64mb devices.
    After the website was closed I never found anything like it again.
    Same for "hackers" that are still willing to develop for CE5/6.
    Having an emulator for Win XP or 7 that utilises a firmware image would be perfect, but development stopped long ago - you would not have any info if someone is still working on other projects on CE?

Banned

Thanks

During that time I noticed that there are basically two kinds of users:
    The ones that only want to use one or more GPS programs that are not installed by default,
    and the ones that want all that is possible - I tend to call them collectors
    First group is easy to please, but the second never get's enough
    Althoughthey might use and test it all out in the beginning, most of them admitted that after time it became irrelevant and they only used the GPS part.
    I'm with you. But some OEMs/ODMs are jumped up on the course, means they provide a 1:1 copy of MioPocket 4.0 as unit's default shell (ex. 'Innovatek (AKA Belson)' for some of their 7XX models and 'GioGio' for their devices. Best of all is that 'Innovatek' even claim to have written the software - they named it 2011-Universal-InnoSoftV3 - by themselves! LOL, all they really did was to rename MioPocket 4.0 scripts and to add a handfull games, not coming with MioPocket 4.0.).

... you would not have any info if someone is still working on other projects on CE?
    NO. I believe CE really is past (ex. OEM has to pay Microsoft a license fee of 16USD for each copy of CE 6.0 used), Android (Apache license, hence OEM has not to pay a license fee at all) is future. Regarding GPS-units: All considerable navigation software developers (Route66, NDrive, Sygic, NNG, TomTom, Waze, etcetera) in between focus on Android. Also 'newcomers' now offer a navigation software solution for Android (latest possibly is 'Polaris Navigation System').

BTW: IMHO it's difficult to find a navigation software solution that runs well under CE 6.0. At least I experienced this - and I tried them all.

Very faulty and/or vaguely expressed:
    1. Mio is a brand of MiTAC. You obviously mean MioPocket, usually abbreviated as MP
    2. Concerning navigon: which model, what OS version?
    I don't want to bother you, but a very stupid contribution ..., IMHO
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 10-11-12 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Android licencetype corrected

Banned

Thanks

Default A flash utility for all WINCE 6.0 chinese units?

See here:

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

zi56 (14-01-13)

Thanks

hello
    Im interested to found a ROM . Details ROM Version : 84.HM.E-5.020120426 , Software Version : V1.2.12.12.05.02. It is for a 7 inch navigation with winCE embedded 6.0

Banned

Thanks

Already asked by @kosovari:

Thanks

Smile

Thanks brothers for info, if some need rom for ''Evergrow GPS Board Firmware'' in #1 post, can you find here..
    Work in my device fine.. alive again, when stoping in boot bitmap screen.
    Last edited by spkprs; 13-11-12 at 09:05 AM. Reason: bold font

• The Following User Says Thank You to spkprs For This Useful Post:

tatamare (24-12-13)

Thanks

Good people I need firmware for this 3.5' gps pleaseeeee

Banned

Thanks

Probably it's a MESADA-type unit. Anyway you should provide here fully detailed system specs ...

• Page 68 of 98 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast