Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

Default Need MT3351 Firmware for GPS Navigator 7 Inch

Hi All! Recently joined this forum and the help here is great!

I have bought a chinese pna with the chipset media tek mt3351 and by mistake tried to flash it but with the wrong firmware. Now I get an error on bootup ''Aplication Main.exe encountered a serious error''

It has a 7 Inch display and 128mb ram. The memory card it came with is an SD4GB card. The resolution is 800x480 and I am in desperate nee of getting this unit fixed up and ready to go. My curiousity got the better of me and I have somehow managed to mess things up by following this video

All help will be greatly appreciated and a shove in the right direction is welcomed. I've researched day and night and have read probably 100 threads on this subject already and have come up either with dead links or empty handed! Thanks in advance

Thanks

Jullez101
    pay attention to this site: (registration required)
    or disassemble the GPS device and describe the inscription on the board inside.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunny23 View Post
    Hi all
    is there any way i can access nand flash for my dead PNA.software looked like this(when it worked)

it has a micro sd card slot.but i am confused how to update firmware as i simply can't access nandflash or micro card because the device gets stuck at following boot screen.

please help
    All,

I know it's a little old thread, but nobody was able to post a good answer to put people in the right direction.
    At least, I did not found it in the huge forum.

A little background, to also provide some keywords for new searches.

This device is using APICAL. APICAL is just the name of the menu interface, and probably also has to do something with the boot loader on the device. (I'm not sure about that, but that isn't the issue for me).

The device is a 7 inch GPS tablet, which runs on Windows CE. (wince6).
    Resolution is 800x480
    128Mb DDR memory and 4Gb nandflash.
    The original menu of the interface is showing a mini cooper. (and THAT's Apical)

Once you push the power button longer than 5 seconds, a boot menu in blue screen is shown. In that boot menu you can choose 2 options.
    1: calibrate screen
    2: boot normally
    There is also the number of firmware/hardware or something else i cannot place.
    It's 1063W-3-5..... something. I think it is the current firmware.
    Now... I ruined the dive, i broke it, demolish it, wrack it, whatever you name it. It did not worked anymore after I did my thing.

I broke my device by putting MioPocket on it (in short, once i delete a registry setting in "init", the crap device won't boot. It hangs upon boot at the WinCE image).

Now, i contacted some chinese people and they gave me a 30Mb rar file.

7.0寸CPT:1063FAB-4G-DDR128-高清-多国语言-投影幕墙-软件版本:应用:1063WN-3-3.13A-AB2F2;内核:1063A.FB-1.2.9.1072818.rar\7.0寸CPT:1063FAB-4G-DDR128-高清-多国语言-投影幕墙-软件版本:应用:1063WN-3-3.13A-AB2F2;内核:1063A.FB-1.2.9.1072818 - RAR archive, unpacked size 150.004.362 bytes

The rar file contains the following files:

1: LOGO.bmp 1.1Mb (this is the logo that is shown at boot)
    2: WinCE.img 47Mb (This is the Windows CE image)
    3: WinCEApp.img 97Mb (This is the image with all application in it).

This is the simple instruction the Chinese friends gave me, to rewrite the nandflash with original WinCE6 and original Apps:

Download the new firmware and unrar it.
    You will get 3pcs files.
    Please put then to a blank TF card withFAT32 format.

power off the unit,
    insert the TF card,
    power on the unit.
    It will update automatically.

I have searched 3 weeks on internet, send 94 mails to china suppliers, called 7 times to china....
    That cost about 2000 USD on labor, I've spent 50 USD on phone cost, haven't seen my wife and children for 3 weeks.....

Now I am finally able to (hopefully) unbrick my 7" GPS device. (which actually cost about 80 USD, including maps and shipping) LOL

This evening (CET time) i'm going to try it.
    I will update you.

Br,

Menno

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcmenno1 For This Useful Post:

Blackhawk (27-12-13),kamora (19-12-17),waldik (09-02-17)

Thanks

mcmenno1
    Разберите навигатор и укажите надпись на плате.
    У меня имеются в наличии вот такие версии:
    1063_2_3.13.2A_F2_800__480
    1063N_3_3.13A_B2F2_800__480
    1063N-3-3.13A-F2_800х480
    1063WN-3-3.13A-AF2_800х480
    1063W-3-3.13A-B2F2_800х480
    Могу поделиться.
    И если можно, поделитесь присланной Вам прошивкой.

Thanks

Default GPS with APICAL is working again!!!

Hi Sevsk,

Thanks for the offer! (And thanks google translate for my bad Russian language) ;-)
    I believe the original firmware was something like 1063WN-2-5 or 5-2... don't know exactly.

Well... The files I got from the chinese friends are the ones for me to start with.
    I have just put the 3 files on a SD card and put it in the device, boot the device and it started to restore the img files.
    Everything was done automatically. I only had to touch the screen after flashing to calibrate the touchscreen.
    After flashing, simple reboot and removed the SD card.

Works like a charm!!
    Finally I have my 2300 USD GPS device back to work.
    After 30 minutes it got a bunch of satelites and IGO is working.

Now a hint: if you stop using miopocket, edit the registry setting of "init" back to the "gps_main.exe" startup string.
    Otherwise the device will only boot untill the splash screen ;-)
    Because uninstall option does not do that for you!!! (**ck** miopocket crap)

My conclusion: i will never use miopocket again. Most of the apps inside miopocket don't work. Also miopocket consumes so much memory that GPS maps is very hard to load after miopocket is up and running. If it's loaded, GPS wont get signal (perhaps something about low memory).
    And the screens / menu in miopocket looks cool, but it sucks. It is soooow sloooow on this 500 mhz (i think) device.
    It's not to handle in a car.

Never the less, I am thanking everybody in this forum to point me in the right direction.
    Thanks Sevsk for offering me other img files.

All the best!

Mcmenno.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mcmenno1 View Post
    Now a hint: if you stop using miopocket, edit the registry setting of "init" back to the "gps_main.exe" startup string.
    Otherwise the device will only boot untill the splash screen ;-)
    Because uninstall option does not do that for you!!! (**ck** miopocket crap)

My conclusion: i will never use miopocket again. Most of the apps inside miopocket don't work. Also miopocket consumes so much memory that GPS maps is very hard to load after miopocket is up and running. If it's loaded, GPS wont get signal (perhaps something about low memory).
    And the screens / menu in miopocket looks cool, but it sucks. It is soooow sloooow on this 500 mhz (i think) device.
    You know it is an absolute insolence to negatively judge a product that from its conception is intended to be used with MIO branded devices only? No compassion can apply.

@All

MioPocket is NOT Windows Embedded CE 6.0 aware !!! Nor many apps bundled with it.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 26-11-13 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks

I only make a statement that miopocket is nothing for me.
    And you know... I think the developer who wrote the uninstaller was under the influence of something when he/she wrote the uninstaller.
    But that's something between you and me, ok? ;-)

I can understand that some people install the mio stuff, to give the cheap GPS device a nice look. It worked for me to do so.
    Looks cool, but in fact it does nothing else than give a bunch of shortcuts to 90% not working tools and old games (like you confirmed).
    I'm not interested in old not working games and 50 shortcuts. I'm not going to use them.
    So, I uninstalled it. No offence, but it's nothing for me.

My opinion is: miopocket is not suitable for me. Not now. Not on this device. Maybe on another device, but not on this device.
    And guess what, uninstalling miopocket bricked my device.

So who are you to say that I should not be judging miopocket??
    The uninstall option should rewrite the registry back to its original string. But it didn't!
    That this simple feature is not handled in the uninstall option, is a developers fault.

And that's where the frustration starts...
    Why else do you think that so many people are searching to repair their bricked devices?

Thanks

mcmenno1
    1063_2_3.13.2A_F2_800__480
    1063N_3_3.13A_B2F2_800__480
    1063N-3-3.13A-F2_800х480
    1063WN-3-3.13A-AF2_800х480
    1063W-3-3.13A-B2F2_800х480
    Укажи характеристики своего навигатора (имя процессора) и выложи ссылку на твою прошивку.

• The Following User Says Thank You to sevsk For This Useful Post:

f2d (16-02-14)

Thanks

This device is using APICAL. APICAL is just the name of the menu interface, and probably also has to do something with the boot loader on the device. (I'm not sure about that, but that isn't the issue for me).

The device is a 7 inch GPS tablet

The original menu of the interface is showing a mini cooper. (and THAT's Apical)

There is also the number of firmware/hardware or something else i cannot place.
    It's 1063W-3-5..... something. I think it is the current firmware.
    I broke my device by putting MioPocket on it (in short, once i delete a registry setting in "init", the crap device won't boot. It hangs upon boot at the WinCE image).
    Just to reply with some concrete facts about your writing...

First of all, Apical isn't "name of the menu interface", Apical is platform, like YF, Mesada, etc. , more about Apical you can google it, and easy find info,

That device isn't tablet, its only PNA-PND device, cause that model doesn't have wireless internet. Menu with mini cooper doesn't mean Apical, cause Apical platform has menu other menus, like i told previously, Apical is GPS platform and manufacturer of GPS-PNA PND, tablets, etc.

Number you talked about is, number of software version and releases, dependent of model, it has diff title and numbering.. You didn't broke your Apical GPS by MioPocekt, but with your poor knowledge about MioPocket, if you researched little bit more about MioPocket, you could find easy many MioPocket version which run from SD CARD directly-on fly, or lite version which doesn't touch OS registry, and play with it without any problems, at all you could modify MioPocket full version too for your device, it's open for modifications, i didn't have problem on my Apical with MioPocket, full, lite, or any version, so you can't say MioPocket made you problems, but you did it by yourself.

It's not to handle in a car.
    Not true, most of apps work, if you have latest version, and always can find working version for win ce 6.0, google.com is your friend ...

It doesn't consume much memory, only if you run many apps, always can optimized and control spending of RAM memory. And your writing that GPS won't get signal if using MioPocekt is absolute nonsense, fixing GPS signal has nothing with low memory state , go out of your room near to window, and you'll fix GPS signal in few seconds .

Apical isn't 500 mhz, minimum 600 to 800 mhz on new models, i suppose you purchased recently new Apical pna, if that's true, you have pna with min. 600 to 800 mhz, and one of the best cpu for GPS - SF!

Apical is one of the best GPS pnas from China by my experience, cause tested many of them - MTK, YF, Mesada, etc. most of them are really trash, but Apical is really good PNA, i recommended it, cause tested it longtime.
    Last edited by sucro; 03-12-13 at 03:06 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to sucro For This Useful Post:

jwoegerbauer (03-12-13)

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sucro View Post
    Apical is one of the best GPS pnas from China by my experience, cause tested many of them - MTK, YF, Mesada, etc. most of them are really trash, but Apical is really good PNA, i recommended it, cause tested it longtime.
    Agreed. Have/had it in use since years now. The most stable unit(s) I know of.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

sucro (04-12-13)

Thanks

When PNA-guru like jwoegerbauer (who i remember longtime ago from gpspassion ) confirms about some pna that's good = 100% good PNA, so i agree absolutely with jwoegerbauer, Apical is far the best chinese GPS navigation - PNA. I purchased latest Apical GPS navigation model from this seller,

and can say 100% confident person and maximum fair and good for communication, support.

Thanks

Hi

on my new GPS is a ugly Bootscreen.

How can I get a other Picture on it ?

ROM: V.912S.710100.130729.4G
    App: V2.8AF-NUI20-HD-EN
    System ID: 0018e420-090000000-00000000-00000001

WR-Tool Res Info

applo
    mtk 6.0
    Windows Embedded CE 6.0
    Cortex-A7 MSB2531 (800 MHz)
    800 x 480 pixels, 65536 colors

Thanks a lot

• The Following User Says Thank You to WDJJE For This Useful Post:

waldik (09-02-17)

Thanks

Hello everybody,

I have a All in one unit that I bought from China for my car and I am having many problems. The people there sent me 3 different firmware but it is impossible to load it. They say that I just need to put it in my SD card and reset but nothing happend. There are 2 files the one is .img and the other one .bin

Can anyone help me to run the upgrade?

This is my device:

It runs WINCE 6.0

Thanks

Some more info concerning my device:

APP: V1.04-130427-002-C4L
    MCU: SM96x1_130315_C4L_1

Banned

Thanks

Why not simply how to flash your AIO?

If they don't help, perhaps owners of a Citroën vehicle who also have installed the "GOBLUEE GO-CI706" can help you further ...
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 10-12-13 at 11:08 PM.

Thanks

I tryed all what you say but with no success.

And Gobluee says that my device cannot be upgraded finally after they sent me 3 different firware.

Thanks

I cannot find anything by searching Gobluee GO-CI706. Most probably all devices that many different Chinese companies selling are coming from the same factory and they just make some small changes to the UI.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rctstdroid1 View Post
    well well i fix the problem , thanks to seller i post the firmware..

the problem is that i wrote instruccion. is not plug to power..

1. turn off gps.
    2. PLUG TO POWER ELECTRIC
    3. wait that turn on automaticaly
    4. in your tfcard format to FAT.
    5. the label of tfcard is (BLANK- NO NAME)ç
    6. NOT copy file to tfcard by gps.------ you can copy file using adapter micro sd, or using your phone, but not using the gps for copy file.

7. copy all file in root of the tfcard

8. turn off the gps.

9. turn on gps and automaticaly show the progress bar.

10. the gps reboot 2 time..

11. then calibrate screen.

and ready for use your gps

please any donwload firmware and reupload

my gps is

gps 84h-3

mt3351 5" with bluetooth, fm transmitter, wince 6.0 av-in

thanks for all help!!

Hya,

I've managed to get my GPS 84h-3 to reboot, but it will not go to the next screen, even if I remove SD and try to reboot using reset on back.

I've attached an image, any thoughts or input would be great thanks ..

Last edited by GooseyOne; 16-12-13 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Added Photo ...

Thanks

Hi
    I have this pmp.exe error when i boot the unit,
    the serial and model numbers inside the unit is

m2618-v22ddr128flas4gb+fm+avin

snsn cq2618v113032405145
    cqpo1907

Also when i plug this to the computer via usb, it does not recognise. Any idea how to reinstall windows CE pls
    thank you for your help

Thanks

Question Restore MT3351 based PND - YG-912D

Hi Everybody, I have one of those Mediatek 3351 based PNDs which I managed to screw up by messing with EBOOT files.

First some device information:
    MODEL: YG-912D-BFKSJ-2GI-4LS-5LS-V2.2
    BOARD: YG-912D-V2.2
    VCOM MODE: Managed to get by shorting pin TP39.
    FUNCTIONS: FM, BT, SDCARD, NO VIDEO IN, ISDBT DIGITAL TV (Brazilian)
    SCREEN: 5", 800x480
    STORAGE: 2GB KINGSTON eMMC onboard.
    BRAND: EYO

When I started to mess with it by flashing a set of EBOOT files I ended up with a device that could only enter in VCOM mode ans displayed a single white line in the middle of the screen, no battery charging status or other thing. After some search and some trials I managed to setup a set a multi-scatter.txt file for the 2GB storage and flashed the YG-918D and a YG-912D EBOOT files that put me back on the battery charging screen when plugged to USB.
    But thats where I am now. I can only get to the battery screen, even after flashing many different EBOOT files.

I tried to put several xip.nb0, 918D​_​HD​_​S​.​nb0 and 912D​_SD​​.​nb0 files on the SDCARD but it seems that the boot loader is still damaged as it does not pick the SDCARD to load the WINCE partition files (no blue screen).

One thing I noticed is that I can only use the PNDFlashtool with SD/MMC option. If I choose NAND I get error: Failed to detection H/W!(0x4F0041).
    My PNDFlastooh parameters are:
    Storage: SD/MMC; Baudrate: 115200; Kernel DA: MT3351_FPGA_DA.bin (I found several kinds of DA, does it make a difference ?);
    Values in multi_scatter.txt:
    XLDR 0x4000, DataZone 0x80000, MetaZone 0x100000, EBOOT 0x180000, LOGO 0x200000, XIP 0x380000

Does any one have an advice of what I might be doing wrong or happens to have the correct EBOOT files for this PND?

Here are some images of the device:
    1-
    2-
    3-
    4-

And here are the images and PNDFlashtool I used to get at list to the battery charging screen:
    1-
    2-
    3-

• Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast