Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alal View Post
    I was trying to see if I could run some WinCE apps on this device and changed the navi path to CE Explorer
    If you can switch your AIO's USB-mode to ActiveSync-mode then first of all do this. Then using Win32 freeware tool CeRegeditor you search your unit's registry for "CE Explorer" (or how you really renamed the navigation software to) to get out the registry key which became corrupted. When/If found, then you simply correct there the path to the navigation program.

Thanks

I did try connecting the AIO to my laptop using both USB ports - Its not detected
    I suspect the USB ports are on the Media player side of the device not the Windows side. Do you have any I idea of how I can validate this and turn on ActiveSync mode (I am quite stumped) after a couple of hours with the car

Abhishek

Banned

Thanks

No idea but two more thoughts:

If "CE Explorer" you installed still works, you also can use a Windows CE registry editor (of your choice) which of course you rename to "CE Explorer" ...

If you can find out which file must be present on SD-card that it will be recognized and executed when device starts up, then you have a chance, too: You simply run this way a Windows CE registry editor (of your choice) you put on SD-card.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 23-05-13 at 03:29 AM.

Thanks

CE Explorer does not work (Did not at any point)
    Have tried renaming a couple of other reg editors to CE explorer - No luck I only get a blank screen

Emerson (The seller) has promised to work with his technical team and get back to me with a solution (updated firmware / Factory reset method)

At present I am also trying to explore some method of doing this

An MD5 hash of the ROM file portion is stored in the registry part that resides in a file system. When the registry part from the file system is loaded, Filesys.dll verifies that the ROM portion has not changed. If it has changed, the links between the ROM and file system parts are broken, and Filesys.dll performs a clean boot of the registry by deleting the files and recreating them, based on the initial ROM version.

Have read about a regformat.fmt file and 117_nav_en files which have recovered some of these devices - Now if only I could figure out how to get them to load up
    Thanks so much for your support here - I have hope I don't have a brick

Abhishek

Thanks

HI.
    I now have the correct firmware from another site.
    Is there anyone reading this thread that can help with
    error codes from firmware tool 1.5?
    At present i am stumped on error code 0x620001. (The parameter passed to some function is invalid!)
    No help as to what function or what parameter.

Banned

Thanks

An MD5 hash of the ROM file portion is stored in the registry part that resides in a file system. When the registry part from the file system is loaded, Filesys.dll verifies that the ROM portion has not changed. If it has changed, the links between the ROM and file system parts are broken, and Filesys.dll performs a clean boot of the registry by deleting the files and recreating them, based on the initial ROM version.
    IMHO you misunderstood something:

The hive-based registy always consists of 3 parts: Default (Default.hv) - hardcoded in ROM, System (System.hv) - hardcoded in ROM and User (User.hv).
    What you citied only relates to Default.hv and System.hv, but in no case to User.hv.

All changes made to a hive-based registry by user (User.hv portion of registry) will never be touched/corrected by OS. All errors there last unless they become fixed by user. Keep in mind that even re-flashing a device doesn't correct any errors given in User.hv portion of registry.

At least that's my knowledge.

Thanks

So if I understand you correcty - My only two hopes are
    1. Either fix User.hv - using some kind of registry editor or an activesync connection
    2. Find some way to wipe / format the User.hv partition on the internal storage .

A firmware flash will probably not do anything to recover the unit , however if I can figure out how to do a clean boot - that would hopefully work right ?

Let me see if I can figure out how to use shell.ini to initiate a clean boot

Banned

Thanks

however if I can figure out how to do a clean boot - that would hopefully work right ?

Let me see if I can figure out how to use shell.ini to initiate a clean boot
    If you have evaluated that device notices and executes file shell.ini at startup, then you might use Mortscript - a script processor.

To completely empty the registry - which in turn forces a clean boot - you would run a script "RegistryFixer.mscr" as following:

Code:
    // Clean the entire registry
    @RegistryDelete("HKLM","")
    @RegistryDelete("HKCR","")
    @RegistryDelete("HKCU","")
    // Make sure device's initial default values get imported
    RunWait("RestoreDefaultHiveFromROM.exe")
    //Some devices with hive-based registries don't save registry
    //changes to disk until instructed to
    RunWait("RegFlushKey.exe")
    Reset
    Exit

Sub RegistryDelete(root,key)
    Local()
    ForEach variable In RegSubkeys(root,key)
    RegDeleteKey(root,variable,1,1)
    Sleep(1)
    EndForEach
    EndSub
    You put into root of SD-card Mortscript.exe, Autorun.exe. You rename Autorun.exe to RegistryFixer.exe. You create an ANSI text-file containing the lines of code printed, rename it to RegistryFixer.mscr and put it into root of SD-card, too. Finally you edit launcher-file shell.ini which also must be in root of SD-card as following: "\<name-of-sdcard>\RegistryFixer.exe" - without the quotes, where you replace term <name-of-sdcard> with CE's name of storage card, ex. Storage Card.

Not to forget, you also have to put files "RegFlushKey.exe" and "RestoreDefaultHiveFromROM.exe" into root of SD-card. These two EXEs you'll find in

Good luck!

Warning: Running a script as printed above may unrecoverably brick your device. You run it at your own risk!

P.S:

Concerning Mortscript: It's far out of this thread's scope to go into more details here ...
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 24-05-13 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Warning added

Thanks

Some Progress
    So First of all Apologies - I am having a low IQ week I guess
    While trying all the different methods I decided to check and make sure I had set the path to CE Explorer- So one at a time I was replacing every exe file on my SD card with a Copy of Primo.exe and trying to hit the navi button and see if it helped.

So finally after trial and error (and lots and lots of frustration) I did finally figure out that I had pointed the Navi Path not to CE Explorer as I remembered but to CFF Explorer ( a Win32 executable not a Win CE one) - and this was the offending program that broke Win CE on my device

Also looks like my CE still lives - Somewhere placing Primo.exe in CEE Explorer path finally gave me a "cannot find global_cfg" error - which a quick search confirmed is an iGO error - Finally it seems like I have a way to get some CE programs running by renaming them CFF explorer

I am now going to place my entire iGO installation in this folder and see if it gets my GPS back up and running- If it does I am back in business as far as GPS is concerned .

Stage 2 will be to try and fix the registry with a registry editor - Which one would you suggest ?

Thanks

Default It Lives It lives

So igo is up and running renamed as CFF Explorer .
    Most other functions still down & out
    I still cant change language , change settings , audio settings etc.. but all bare minimum functionality is up and running - I can play cd's / dvd's , USB /SD card music , Radio , & GPS - on my way to being a happy driver

Thanks

Hello, i am searching for bootloader Btld82F.bld for YF 82F GPS 5" 128MB RAM 480x272.
    BOOTVER 0137

All live links I found is only for old BOOTVER or for HD 800*480.

If anybody have it I will be happy.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks

jwoegerbauer - I just saw your post on XDA-Developers on ceFFM , Do you recommend I try it out and use it to fix the settings side of my Device ?

Banned

Thanks

ceFFM is not intended to be used on AIOs.

Perhaps useful for you might be Win32 utility "CeRunApp", a tool to remotely start any WinCE application (incl. copying it) on your AIO from your desktop. It's contained in .
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 25-05-13 at 06:16 PM. Reason: link added

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Getafix View Post
    HI.
    I now have the correct firmware from another site.
    Is there anyone reading this thread that can help with
    error codes from firmware tool 1.5?
    At present i am stumped on error code 0x620001. (The parameter passed to some function is invalid!)
    No help as to what function or what parameter.
    Hi.
    Forget all requests for help......damm thing now has a six inch nail through it.

Thanks

Default USU Q6 China GPS - stops on Password screen

Hello from NZ

purchased a GPS device off a daily deal, set up a password in WIN CE so while away it would not be used by children.
    Returned home to use device and on startup it stops at password screen but no keyboard appears, Windows mobile device centre does not recognise it.
    When attach to PC via USB it is not recognised, I have not been able to find anything on the net that I could bypass this screen.
    It has a micro sd card slot, unsure if need to flash the system, download a driver for Win Mobile as works OK with phone or dispatch it to the bin.

Starts to the car / windmill screen first then to Welcome to Windows CE screen requesting password.

Specs of site USU Q6

4.3 inch GPS navigation Wince 6.0 system
    1.CPU: JTD 84H 533MHz
    2.resolution: 480 x272 pixels
    3.DDR:128MB

Place of Origin: Guangdong China (Mainland)
    Shenzhen 80's Electronics Co

ON inside is writen M2618-V2 2DDR 128+FLASH 4GB +FM

where to go now to enable / make work

Appreciate any comments / advice / dont be shy.

thanks

KS

Banned

Thanks

@KSNZ5032

Send the device to service: you have no chance to correct the mistake (i.e. not setting device's USB-mode to ActiveSync-mode aka serial-class-mode before setting the WinCE password) you made by yourself

Thanks

OK thanks

Thanks

Forgive the dumb Q but would that not require an activesync connection ?

Thanks

Please I need help.

I have a Chinese GPS with Windows CE 6.0 in Chinese.

7" Gps navigation navigator 4GB system DDR 128 MB NAVEGADOR

I do not recognize the USB with Windows Mobile activesync. I need to restore the registry because it tells me that I have a problem with the "pmp.exe".

I can restore the windows CE 6.0 from my SDCARD?

thank you all.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boops View Post
    Please I need help.

I have a Chinese GPS with Windows CE 6.0 in Chinese.

7" Gps navigation navigator 4GB system DDR 128 MB NAVEGADOR

I do not recognize the USB with Windows Mobile activesync. I need to restore the registry because it tells me that I have a problem with the "pmp.exe".

I can restore the windows CE 6.0 from my SDCARD?

thank you all.
    What did you do to get to this state? Error message is "Cannot find 'pmp' (or one of its components)." ?

FYI: File "pmp.exe" (located in a hidden partition ResidentFlash2) is responsible for the execution of the menu.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 26-05-13 at 11:56 PM.

• Page 78 of 98 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast