Thread: Oscam and smargo

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Oscam and smargo

Hi,
    I did not see any post on our forum in that subject so (appology if it was discussed) i think it might be useful for some members.

Recent changes in oscam/smargo allow you to define device by reader number rather then bus/device.
    The advantage of it is that you will not have to change bus/device settings in your oscam.server file every time you restart PC or unplug smartreader.

What you need is make sure your smartreader is updated to v. 1.4.

In oscam.server you need to change familiar Device = bus:device to Device = Serial:Reader XXX where XXX represents serial number of smargo found from webif usb scan script (lsusb does not show smartreader number), i.e:

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
    iProduct 0
    iSerial 3 Reader 67

In that case the " iSerial 3 Reader 67" is of interest to us. So if you change your device entry to:
    Device = Serial:Reader 67, the smargo will be picked up with no need to manually change it's bus/device address.
    At the moment I run oscam 3326 on Debian and it works very well.

Enjoy

EDIT: that was meant to be sent in General section so pls if admin can shift it there, thanks.
    Last edited by mborkp; 06-10-10 at 10:30 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mborkp For This Useful Post:

novica (06-10-10),Onefella (06-10-10),tedy58 (06-02-13)

3. Look Here ->