Thread: VBOX error code ER2

Thanks

Default VBOX error code ER2

Does anyone know what the error code er2 means?

Basically when you try to get the positioner to move the dish it comes up with er2 and nothing happens. The box eventually powers itself off on its own. When you try to manuall move by pushing the buttons on the front it doesn't move the box.

Of the problem is the box, and not the actuator, then can I simply apply a 12V DC power supply to the cables and get it to move, and I presume connecting the polarities in reverse, it should move in the opposite direction? (the dish only needs to be moved in position to receive AS5)

As I don't have the box in front of me, are each of the for outputs at the back easily identifable to determine the + and - wires?

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Er2 means no pulses.

The pulse wires might be disconnected or shorted, the dish is at its mechanical limit, reed switch broken or motor rooted.....

common problem is the worm gear rusted due to lack of use.

Thanks

ok, thanks for the reply. I'll check out the wires down at the box end - just don't really want to jump up on the roof. The actuator hasn't been used for about a year - it was always set on AS5, so can't understand why there's no signal unless the dish moved?