Thread: Intelsat 8 Free to Air Channels

Thanks

Smile Intelsat 8 Free to Air Channels

Hi All,
    Im an Australian living in North Eastern Thailand i have an OPENBOX Decoder with 1.2 meter Dish and a C Band LNB, i initially wanted it just to get the Australian Network channel to watch football and some other Australian content as Thai TV is at best terrible! I also have the card for the international rugby installed and it works well crystal clear picture and no problems at all. I had a local installer come and fit the dish and help tune the Aust Network and while he was there he added BBC News and MTV CHina by simply fitting a small decoder and getting the signal numbers and then adding them to my decoder and the channels showed up, Now My Question is how do i find these codes so i can View other free to air channels as im starting to get bored with only haveing one channel and BBC News repeats all day can anybody give me an idea how i can access more free channels on my system it shows channels are there but i cannot view them comes up with scrambled channel? but so did BBC News untill he entred these codes anyone have any idea where i can find these codes or tell me how to get m decoder to search for them and maybe it can open channels if i tell it what to do correctly? Sorry for the lame Question but this is my first Satellite set up and im a bit lost with what i need to do. Thanks in Advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Seanextra,

To start off with have a look here to see what is available in your area and what is free to air. If something is available then its a matter of tuning into that Satellite using the supplied frequencies, keeping in mind where your dish is currently pointing ??

Cheers

• The Following User Says Thank You to myf360f1 For This Useful Post:

Seanextra (19-10-10)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

If your dish is NOT motorized, the only satellite available to you, is the satellite the dish is currently aligned to.

The channels you mentioned indicate that your c-band dish is aligned to Intelsat 8 located at 166 degrees east longitude.

The complete channel listing for Intelsat 8, including technical parameters required to enable you to load additional channels, can be found at

Free-to-air channels are indicated on the chart by an upper-case F, red in color, located in the fifth column (System Encryption). The channels not marked in that way are encrypted and are not viewable without the appropriate pay-tv subscription.

All frequencies from 3704 (MHz) to 4165 (MHz) are C-band channels, which will be receivable on your C-band system, while the remainder (12.286 MHZ to 12.726 Mhz require the use of a Ku-band reception system.

The chart indicates that all C-band channels are on a Pacific beam. As your location falls within that footprint, you should be able to receive them all.

Should you wish to receive additional channels, you will need to motorise your dish, in order that it can track the Clarke belt, the area over the equator, where the satellites are located. Reception requires unobstructed line-of-sight from your dish to each satellite of interest. Your 1.2m dish might be too small to allow (reliable) reception from all satellites. Your installer should be able to supply that information.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Seanextra (19-10-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I think you have the main FTA channels on IS8. There is also the knowlege channel.
    Asiasat5 there are a few more English channels. There is a Travel channel, E! and Fashion channel, France 24, LUXE.
    There are movies on Lotus on Asiasat 3.
    You'll have to learn how to point that dish but being a cute lil 1.2M I'm not sure how you'll go.

.......Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 18-10-10 at 08:21 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Seanextra (19-10-10)

Thanks

Thanks for the quick replies Much appreciated and on Viewing those channels i need to work out how to get into the part of the decoder that lets you entre the numbers does anyone have any experience with these decoders could give me a rough outline of how to get to that set up part of the menu ive tried a few times and just cant seem to get to individual channel settings. As for my tiny dish its the biggest i could get !!! even though they are made in Thailand the local market here only basically caters for the small dish True TV and a few other pay TV systems when i walked in asking for a 8foot or bigger dish they gave me blank stares and could not understand why i didnt just want the 70cm dish ! But as for Australia network its absolutly perfect quality picture rain hail or shine No pixelation or drops or sound issues from what i can see in those lists of channels i might be better to go for a Optus Aroura Card and get the dish tuned too the Optus satellite or better still get the guy back to motorise the dish like you have suggested. Do any of you know if i am allowed to use the Aurora Card here ? and do you think it would be any harder to pick up than the Intelsat 8 i think its 156 E and the Intel 8 is 166 E im no expert but doesnt seem like there would be alot of difference in relation to the direction the dish is pointing now which has a fairly unobstructed view as its mounted up high so should only require slight adjustment and tuning ? any suggestions on the budget motorising unit would be helpful too. Thanks alot

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

You won't get Optus C1 for Aurora where you are as you'll be out of the sats footprint.

Do you not have a manual?

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Seanextra (19-10-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seanextra View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies Much appreciated and on Viewing those channels i need to work out how to get into the part of the decoder that lets you entre the numbers does anyone have any experience with these decoders could give me a rough outline of how to get to that set up part of the menu ive tried a few times and just cant seem to get to individual channel settings. As for my tiny dish its the biggest i could get !!!
    My friends house in Bangkok.... largest dish he has I think is a 4.2m

Last edited by irdeto2engineer; 19-10-10 at 12:31 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to irdeto2engineer For This Useful Post:

Seanextra (19-10-10)

Thanks

Yeah Bangkok is civilization compared to where i am mines a 1.8m not a 1.2 but to get anything bigger i had to order it in. No manual unfortunately im looking on the net for one now.
    Last edited by Seanextra; 19-10-10 at 01:00 AM.

Thanks

Not having much luck finding a manual so far.
    Last edited by Seanextra; 19-10-10 at 01:46 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seanextra View Post
    Not having much luck finding a manual so far.
    Openbox aka Sathawk or Solomend brands

• The Following User Says Thank You to Kavakid For This Useful Post:

Seanextra (19-10-10)

Thanks

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks everyone now i have 15 channels ! pitty they were not all english but better than 2 ! Now i can actually program channels im starting to feel the need to get more Im reading about the Firmware upgrades to my Decoder and wondering if there is anyway to tell what version i currently have if anyone has any advice on what not to bother with or whats worth while ? Im seriously considering the motorized arm and trying to find smart cards to suit so i can get some more english content and id love to get some comedy simpsons and the like as well if anyone knows what card i can get or how much they cost ? I dont really want contract but i wouldnt mind pay per view or prepaid or somthing like that. Cheers Sean
    Last edited by Seanextra; 19-10-10 at 07:26 PM.