Thread: Gel cell 7A - 12V

Thanks

Default Gel cell 7A - 12V

My UPS is no longer holding it's charge. Looking to purchase some 7A 12V gel cells in Vic. Anyone able to advise somewhere to get them for a good price. Got my last lot from the battery guy at the swapmeet but he i no longer there.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Look Here ->
    Thanks

They had 7A - 12V Gel a year or so ago, not currently listed on their website but it was not then either when I purchased some for a special UPS requirement. Cheaper if you have an ABN.

In the back of a 50 kW AM broadcast transmitter
    Thanks

This is mad! Another avatar of huge mammary glands bouncing around. Seriously guys, what's the attraction to all these big boobies? Am I missing something here?

As for the batteries, don't use just any old SLA in an UPS.

I bought some of the cheaper "unbranded" ones a few years back to use in one and they lasted 4 weeks before the machine threw up a battery fault.

I took them back and the guy says "Ah ... err .. hmm ... you should really use genuine CSB branded batteries in UPS".

So, I bought some, and they were fine. More expensive, but still working. Since then I have used only CSB batteries for UPS replacements and not had any problems at all.

It does pay however to check the date stamped on them. I went to pick up 4 batteries to go into a 2kVA UPS just before Christmas last year. They are 12V 17A/hr.

I opened the box and checked just out of curiosity, and they were date stamped 17/05/06 !

From what I can determine, SLAs have a maximum recommended shelf life of around 6 months. So these were way past their usefulness and I asked them to get some newer ones in for me.