Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Munday - Former Yadnum Computers information needed

Thanks

Pursue it through the courts as the cops can't do much in these situations without court orders. It costs bugger all for file a complaint, and when he doesn't show up to answer his side of the storey, judgement will be made in your favour typically including costs. He's then got 14 days (I think) to comply with the order, after which time you can lodge a further application to have the bailiff recover goods to the value of your loss and any out of pocket expenses.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roosta View Post
    being involved with police a lot and very frequently over the last month makes you and anyone you MAY know a prime suspect if someone punches the prick in the face
    Yep. Precisely why I edited my previous post. The bloke could well be watching this thread too.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Benosee View Post
    Yep. Precisely why I edited my previous post. The bloke could well be watching this thread too.
    Correct, there is probably enough confessions for a conviction so far in this thread.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Police are obliged to deal with the complaint, if they are not, you are not pushing them hard enough. Go over their head if they dont take it serious enough.

Thanks

Well if his reading this thread,
    Read this arsehole, your a f--ken scum bag
    And i only hope that one day, you will get what you have done to others.

Thanks

mattwalker1975

From earlier post he seems to be a registered sole trader. Maybe the ACCC would be interested in him if he is a serial offender.

Commonwealth consumer protection laws

The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) administers the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth). The purpose of the Trade Practices Act is to enhance the welfare of Australians by promoting competition and fair trading and providing for consumer protection.

The Trade Practices Act applies to corporations as well as sole traders and partnerships whose activities cross state boundaries or take place within a territory. Part V of the Trade Practices Act (the consumer protection provisions) also applies to sole traders and partnerships whose activities are conducted by telephone or post, or use radio or television.

~ ~ ~
    Offering goods without intending to supply them

Some scams, like office supply scams, some psychic scams and online pharmacy scams might breach section 58 of the Act. This section makes it unlawful to accept payment for goods or services if there is no intention to supply them.

Depends how pissed off you are.

Thanks

Default ggrrrrrr

This guy is a scammer he has ripped of probably hundreds of people but I know for sure that is has been for thousands of dollars and I mean THOUSANDS. I am appealing to anyone out there who has been ripped off even a few bucks but can't be bothered or think it's worth worrying over for you, but for some of us it is. This is how he gets everyone, I have also noticed quite a few people from Victoria, obviously as he thinks it's too far for people to come and seek justice or run into him. I have first hand knowledge of who he is, where he is at and how much bad shit he has done to me, and others so if anyone out there has anything else they would like passed onto the police feel free to pm me. Or contact Fairfield police / detectives. I want all the dirt on the scumbag.....

Thanks

Hi guys.

Signed up just to post in this thread, as I was googling Yadnum out of interest to see if he had been busted yet, and stumbled upon this. I can't believe he is still out there doing this stuff.

I signed up to WP late 09 because I had an order with Yadnum that I just couldn't get, and found others on WP struggling to get their stuff too. Luckily for me it was just $50 on a CPU cooler so I let it ride - I couldn't help myself and the emails became abusive and threatening, in the end I decided it best to just walk away... but there were many at that time that lost thousands. Just from the ppl that were posting on WP iirc we conservatively estimated it to be well over 100K.

For those that don't know, he ran a webite, Yadnum computers and it was very convincing that it was a legitimate site. Baited ppl with i7 CPUs slightly lower than rrp, and took a tonne of orders. Email correspondence was good - if you contacted him through the site he would always reply re order status etc.
    Then in about mid december he put up a banner that just said something like "On holiday til late jan, struggling to fill orders but they will all be met when I return" - no-one ever heard from him again. I think one guy on WP told of how he had tracked him down and got a CPU out of him, but it was pretty clear that he had gone to the address of the office, found Munday and got quite heavy with him, and Munday just basically nipped out and bought an i7 somewhere else, and gave it to him!

I also have read other stories similar to the OP of him advertising on ebay and then just keeping the coin.

Loads of ppl, absolutely loads, have reported him to the police, ACCC etc and nothing has been done. Myself and many others ended up emailing the company that hosted the site and requesting they take it down, that with every minute it remained active they were facilitating his scam - they took the site down after a while.

This is the kind of guy that should be on ACA or something, getting his door kicked in by the cops, can't believe he is still actively ripping ppl off like this!

As he has advertised on this forum I'd say without doubt he is reading this thread. For a time he posted on the threads in WP defending himself, maintaining that he was legit, orders would be met etc, and that there was a (wait for it) smear campaign being put on him by his competitors!
    Last edited by suburban100; 31-01-11 at 09:14 AM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suburban100 For This Useful Post:

Fernbay (31-01-11),Godzilla (31-01-11),weirdo (31-01-11)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

The only thing smeared should be his nose...

enf
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quite a read, this thread and all those linked.

If ever there was justification for mob justice, this individual has earned that it be served upon him.
    #I don't stereotype people, not like most of you do.#

Administrator
    Thanks

As with most things, no one can be bothered taking things further which is why people like this continue to exist.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 707 Posts

Yep, there's a lot of that about. People like to complain but when you suggest they actually do something about it, all they do is complain more.

Thanks

Last edited by suburban100; 31-01-11 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Double post

Thanks

What, pray tell, are you supposed to do to take it further when you already reported it to the cops and ACCC and other relevant organisations? Call The A Team? Magnum PI? It's the cops that need to take it further, they should have a file on this guy the size of the bible by now

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suburban100 View Post
    What, pray tell, are you supposed to do to take it further when you already reported it to the cops and ACCC and other relevant organisations? Call The A Team? Magnum PI? It's the cops that need to take it further.
    Sounds like a job for McGyver mate

• The Following User Says Thank You to weirdo For This Useful Post:

cobra679 (31-01-11)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by suburban100 View Post
    What, pray tell, are you supposed to do to take it further when you already reported it to the cops and ACCC and other relevant organisations? Call The A Team? Magnum PI? It's the cops that need to take it further, they should have a file on this guy the size of the bible by now
    Yes, they should have a file the size of the bible but do they ? Most people CBF and thats why he is still around.

If even a couple of people fired right up and got on the train for the whole ride he would end up in jail. If your not happy about what the cops are doing about it, complain about them, always get them jumping a bit quicker.

Thanks

Like I said, I decided to leave it behind. But I know a lot of ppl reported it at the time, and did as much as they felt they could do, like the guy here with the laptop you don't just give up on an amount like 1500. iirc correctly ppl on WP were told by the cops that they were aware of him and looking into it. What puzzles me is that he still uses his real name, I mean even his user name here

Administrator
    Thanks

Yep, he doesnt seem overly scared about what he does but as I mentioned, thats more than likely because no one will follow through from start to finish to help get a prosecution. So he just keeps doing it and more people post here because they have been ripped off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    Sounds like a job for McGyver mate
    I been watching a lot of 7 mate lately, Air wolf is actually my favourite

Thanks

Quick update guys.

Lets just say its a "work in progress"

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mattwalker For This Useful Post:

acejas (01-02-11),bss904 (01-02-11),Don Benosee (01-02-11),intelliGEORGE (01-02-11)

Thanks

Good to hear mate keep us posted

• Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast